Themes / Apps / Mods [App]Galaxy Max Hz (Refresh Rate Mods, Screen-off Mods, QS Tiles, Tasker Support and More)

Search This thread
Not necessarily, you could add permissions for Wireless debugging (+USB debugging) to be able to execute adb commands. This has potential to add some extra like app kill and other stuff. You could make it autonomous with code authorization, this way you'll only need to be connected to a wireless connection and not need a PC with adb (for ex: Brevent app does this).

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
Not necessarily, you could add permissions for Wireless debugging (+USB debugging) to be able to execute adb commands. This has potential to add some extra like app kill and other stuff. You could make it autonomous with code authorization, this way you'll only need to be connected to a wireless connection and not need a PC with adb (for ex: Brevent app does this).
Actually it is not just adding permission. But establishing connection to device adb server to be able to execute elevated adb commands using wireless debugging. However, this is unreliable/inconsistent.

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
Why can't I find Youtube in the list to limit it to 60hz?
It should be there if it's installed. Check if you set a filter.
1686437676249.png

Neo_Phongvan

Jun 7, 2022
Hi tribalfs,
Thank you for your efforts.
I would like raise my big issue when using MaxHz Premium:
Very Lag, very slow when using Samsung Dex, even if I change all Dex settings to Static Refresh Rate (Both Low or High) as attached picture.
I have to quit (Force stop Galaxy Max Hz) to use Samsung Dex as normal.
Is there any suggestion to solve this issue? I use Samsung Dex quite a lot.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20230616_092544_Galaxy MaxHz.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230616_092544_Galaxy MaxHz.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 46

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
Hi tribalfs,
Thank you for your efforts.
I would like raise my big issue when using MaxHz Premium:
Very Lag, very slow when using Samsung Dex, even if I change all Dex settings to Static Refresh Rate (Both Low or High) as attached picture.
I have to quit (Force stop Galaxy Max Hz) to use Samsung Dex as normal.
Is there any suggestion to solve this issue? I use Samsung Dex quite a lot.
Seems caused by your screen-off refresh rate settings.
Try enable "Ignore while charging" if you set screen-off refresh rate to low refresh rate.

Reactions: Tankarddd

林福氣

Oct 31, 2020
Hello. Is it possible to transfer the license from my Note20 ultra to S23 Ultra? Will I have to buy Premium again?

GTRSkyR34

Feb 9, 2011
Zagreb
I have S23U and using a free version of MaxHz. Due to free version, I can't set the lowest refresh rate lower than 24Hz, but my phone supports up to 1Hz. Should I buy a pro version so I can set the lowest refresh rate to 1Hz?

viniciusrsouza

Apr 20, 2008
Rio de Janeiro
Hi there!

Please, can someone answer if Galaxy Max Hz, using the "High" refresh rate mod, can force Galaxy S23 Ultra to stay at 120Hz when going back to home screen while SwiftKey keyboard is active (being still shown, I mean)?

This is so annoying. The device clearly becomes a bit slugish in this scenario and I really would like to fix that!

Cheers from Rio de Janeiro!

viniciusrsouza

Apr 20, 2008
Rio de Janeiro
Hi there!

Please, can someone answer if Galaxy Max Hz, using the "High" refresh rate mod, can force Galaxy S23 Ultra to stay at 120Hz when going back to home screen while SwiftKey keyboard is active (being still shown, I mean)?

This is so annoying. The device clearly becomes a bit slugish in this scenario and I really would like to fix that!

Anyone?

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
Hi there!

I think so. You can try. Note though that refresh rate is not necessarily the cause of that issue

viniciusrsouza

Apr 20, 2008
Rio de Janeiro
I think so. You can try. Note though that refresh rate is not necessarily the cause of that issue

Thanks!

I tested using the premium trial to force SwiftKey to 120 Hz, but don't know why, S23 Ultra insisted to set 60 Hz when started to type, so it was still slugish when swiping home. Then I forced One UI to be 120 Hz and it helped, but it was still slugish when swiping immediately after finishing typing.

So, with this in mind, I finally for the first time adventured myself in ADB world to unlock all settings. Then, when selecting "High", everything became insanely fluid and no matter what, I don't have issues anymore when swiping home! I can't trigger that "issue" again.

Well, just another question now. Please, does 40% for animations force it to be faster then 0.5 from Developer Settings?

I tested so many times trying to see the difference. I have a feeling it's actually faster, but I'm not sure if it's placebo.

viniciusrsouza

Apr 20, 2008
Rio de Janeiro
Well, just to add here that after checking different settings like 125% and 75%, even though the Developer Settings menu can't adjust the values to inform "1.25" or "0.75", the animation is really different!

So I can only presume 40%, which would be "0.40", is slight faster indeed.

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
I tested using the premium trial to force SwiftKey to 120 Hz, but don't know why, S23 Ultra insisted to set 60 Hz when started to type, so it was still slugish when swiping home. Then I forced One UI to be 120 Hz and it helped, but it was still slugish when swiping immediately after finishing typing.

So, with this in mind, I finally for the first time adventured myself in ADB world to unlock all settings. Then, when selecting "High", everything became insanely fluid and no matter what, I don't have issues anymore when swiping home! I can't trigger that "issue" again.
Seems SwiftKey is coded to prefer 60hz if option is available. With high mode, it has no choice.

Well, just to add here that after checking different settings like 125% and 75%, even though the Developer Settings menu can't adjust the values to inform "1.25" or "0.75", the animation is really different!

So I can only presume 40%, which would be "0.40", is slight faster indeed.
Yes.

Reactions: viniciusrsouza

viniciusrsouza

Apr 20, 2008
Rio de Janeiro
Seems SwiftKey is coded to prefer 60hz if option is available. With high mode, it has no choice.

Yes.
This is so great! By the way, is it possible to add even faster options than 40%?

I decided to stick with 75% (from the original 0.5 from Developer Settings) because I feel it's a good middle ground between preserving beautiful animations, but still enjoying them faster somehow.

Meanwhile, with this in mind, I bet some people would love 25%, not completely losing animations at all, but still quickly seeing them.

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
This is so great! By the way, is it possible to add even faster options than 40%?

I decided to stick with 75% (from the original 0.5 from Developer Settings) because I feel it's a good middle ground between preserving beautiful animations, but still enjoying them faster somehow.

Meanwhile, with this in mind, I bet some people would love 25%, not completely losing animations at all, but still quickly seeing them.
I'll add lower options in the next update. Thanks

Top Liked Posts

Is it possible to set 10 Hz for a specific app?
    For instance I would like to have ebook reading apps like moonreader or kindle at the minimum refresh rate possible.
    Yes, using per-app settings.
    Any clue why my pm install --bypass-low-target-sdk-block /storage/emulated/0/x/x.apk is not doing anything?

There's no errors so it's working, but no app is being installed, one ui 6.1 - s23U ---- I've used ashell and ashell you, maybe the apps are outdated?
    I have only tested LADB.
    Try to use the command provided here (i.e. using adb install instead of adb shell pm install)
    Thanks, that worked (6.1, S23U)

In your donation app on the play store, can you add a way to donate more money? Like a separate donate extra
    216784718-83153bf4-9a8f-4dec-8e67-3c922ed803fe.png
    216784714-c7182db7-6b6c-43c8-bf1b-66b15247ec4e.png
    216784711-233fd3ba-5011-4a0f-b1f7-829018660dcd.png

About this app:

Refresh Rate Mods
    • Change default refresh rates
      - Easily change the overall refresh rate settings of devices supporting multiple refresh rates.
      - Set supported mid refresh rates as the maximum refresh rate limit for battery savings
      - Set separate refresh rates for power saving mode and for low battery state [1]
      - Quick settings shortcut
      - Tasker plugin support

• Refresh rate (motion smoothness) mode switcher(Normal, Adaptive or High)[2]
      - Set you device motion smoothness mode to static refresh rates (high mode) for better smoothness if so desired
      - Tasker plugin support

• Per-app refresh rate settings:
      -Set different refresh rate settings for every app either adaptive or static [1]

• Keep selected refresh rate mode on power saving mode[1]
      - On devices with One4 or lower, GMH will automatically apply a workaround to bypass 60Hz limit on Power Saving Mode.
      Need extra steps starting OneUI5.* except when rooted with magisk and using lsposed. Test it first

Screen-off Mods:
    • Screen off/AOD refresh rate (Force to Lowest Hz)
      - Force the lowest refresh rate on screen-off or Always-On Display(AOD)
      - Tasker plugin support
      - Select custom refresh rate for AOD/screen-off [1]

• Auto apply power saving mode during screen-off [2]

• Auto disable Autosync

• Quick-doze mod
      - Quickly enter doze mode (than usual) during screen-off that can not be interrupted by motion with customizable maintenance window interval [1][2]
      - Tasker plugin support

• Auto SENSORS OFF (non-root workaround)
      - Device sensors will automatically turn off while screen is off until the device is unlocked to help minimize battery-draining motion-triggered wakelocks while device is not being used [premium]
      - Tasker plug-in support
      - Supports up to OneUI4.* only

Others
    • Battery protection mod
      - Option to set maximum charge to 86%-95%(for OneUI4+) [1][2]

• Quick resolution switcher
      - Easily switch to any supported resolutions using the included quick setting tile[2]
      - Tasker plugin support

• Customizable refresh rate monitor
      -
      Use statusbar or overlay which you can place anywhere on screen.
      - Tasker plugin support

• Net speed statusbar indicator

OneUI inspired UI.

[1] Enabled for premium users (with 2 days premium trial)
    [2] These features require a one-time ADB procedure (this is not root)[/TD]

Info:
    This app targets older android sdk in order to control refresh rates without ADB setup or root. Just tap OK the dialog that says "This app was built for an older version of Android...." when opened for the first time. If OK button is not visible, just tap the blank space on the lowest portion of the dialog. If google play protect prompts during install that the app is built for older version of android and doesn't include the latest privacy protections, you can ignore it and proceed to the installation. For privacy related concern, please refer to FAQ No. 3.

Download|InstallationNotes|Changelogs
    Github wiki

Localization/Translations

Contributors
    Italian: @Orlaf
    German:devj3ns, drbeat
    Russian: @a43 @Surghikov
    Swedish:Steffe2
    Turkish: osmanakar312
    Greek: Nick
    Spanish: @Sebastiansm
    Czech: @Chrono Leggionaire
    Simplified Chinese: @xiaolu7233123
    French: @Jaxom84
    Polish: @Pichulec
    Korean: chicking86, 최운택
    Lithuanian: @Klaudas
    If you want to contribute on translations, please send me a message.
    v8.1.8 in-app update:
    -Added menu to disable mods (reset to stock settings)
    -Protect battery mod: Added option to show notification when plugged
    -Per-app settings: Added option to show non-launcher apps, added filter and sort options
    Great news!
    Here's a new alternative extra steps to bypass 60Hz limit on PSM on OneUI5.* using GameTools/GameBooster.
    First, open Game Booster settings and ensure
    • "Save power during touch protection" is turned on AND
    • "Shortcut bar" is tuned on OR "Floating shortcut" is set to Touch Protection

Here are the steps:
    1. Select Adaptive Mode while on power saving mode
    2. Open any game (preferably from game launcher)
    3. Press the touch protection button
    1676681590219.png
    in the floating shortcut bar and wait for the screen to dim ("Drag lock icon to unlock" text will fade)
    4. Touch the screen and unlock
    That's it!

Thanks to @InfernalDread for sharing this trick.
    Great news!
    Here's a new alternative extra steps to bypass 60Hz limit on PSM on OneUI5.* using GameTools/GameBooster.
    First, open Game Booster settings and ensure
    • "Save power during touch protection" is turned on AND
    • "Shortcut bar" is tuned on OR "Floating shortcut" is set to Touch Protection

Here are the steps:
    1. Select Adaptive Mode while on power saving mode
    2. Open any game (preferably from game launcher)
    3. Press the touch protection button View attachment 5839707 in the floating shortcut bar and wait for the screen to dim ("Drag lock icon to unlock" text will fade)
    4. Touch the screen and unlock
    That's it!

Thanks to @InfernalDread for sharing this trick.
    My pleasure!