• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP]Get Android 4.4 Launcher on your phone NOW!!

Search This thread

geoworld_200

Apr 2, 2011
Singapore
Hey guys,
while we patiently wait for our phones to be updated to android 4.4, I have some good news for you guys.
YOU CAN GET ANDROID 4.4 LAUNCHER ON YOUR PHONE NOW!!

Instructions:
1. Download the zip file from below.
2. Extract the zip and place the apks on your phone
3. Install PrebuiltGmsCore.apk
4. Install Velvet.apk
5. Install GoogleHome.apk
6. Press home button, select the launcher and enjoy! :)

Download link l Mirror

Video:
Credits: Orlandojumpoff

[Android 4.4 Wallpapers from nexus 5: Link

WARNING! THIS HAS BEEN TESTED ON MY LG OPTIMUS G RUNNING ANDROID 4.3(PA). I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG WITH YOUR DEVICE :) THIS IS EXTRACTED FROM THE NEXUS 5 AND HENCE, EXPECT SOME ISSUES ON SOME PHONES! HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF IT WORKS :D

UPDATE: CONFIRMED TO BE WORKING ON MIUIV5 (ANDROID 4.2) AS WELL. HOWEVER, GOOGLE SEARCH/NOW TENDS TO FORCE CLOSE.
UPDATE 2: FROM FEEDBACK, IT DOESNT SEEM TO WORK ON 4.1 AND BELOW. SO MINIMUM REQUIREMENT IS ANDROID 4.2 :)
UPDATE 3: SEEMS LIKE SOME PEOPLE RUNNING 4.1 ARE ABLE TO GET IT WORKING. SO IT IS WORTH GIVING A TRY EVEN IF U R ON 4.1 :)
UPDATE 4: FOR THOSE STILL HAVING FC AND STUFFS. I HAVE ADDED A FILE TO THE OP(IT WAS PREVIOUSLY IN ONE OF MY COMMENTS). DOWNLOAD IT BELOW, UNZIP IT, COPY AND REPLACE IT IN /SYSTEM/LIB/ DIRECTORY ON UR PHONE COPY YOUR ORIGINAL .SO FILE TO SOMEWHERE IN CASE U WANNA REVERT BACK LATER(USE ROOT EXPLORER), REBOOT. :)
UPDATE 5: GOOD NEWS!!! THOSE RUNNING JELLY BEAN. JUST UPDATE YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH FROM PLAY STORE AND ALL YOU WOULD NEED TO INSTALL FROM THE ZIP IS GOOGLEHOME.APK. THIS SHOULD NO LONGER GIVE ANY FORCE CLOSES OR ANY OTHER ISSUES. SHOULD BE FULLY FUNCTIONAL :D

Attachments

• libgoogle_recognizer_jni_l.zip
    4 MB · Views: 98,421
Last edited:

TheAvatar

Aug 30, 2007
Canberra
Works great on my Note 3 (4.3 stock rooted), no FC's so far. On my Note 8 (4.2.2 civato's ROM) the only issue I have is when I hit the home button and go back to the home screen, the keyboard pops up. Minor annoyance but so far so good.

proseray

Apr 8, 2013
Kalyani
www.facebook.com
Google Search Force Close fix

Long press the home screen, select Settings. Select Voice. Select Language to change the default. Change to another language, I choose English – UK. Hit Home. Do a Google Search. Repeat the first three steps. Change back to English – US.
Derek Ross contributed to this post.

nicatronTg

Dec 5, 2010
Aurora
Long press the home screen, select Settings. Select Voice. Select Language to change the default. Change to another language, I choose English – UK. Hit Home. Do a Google Search. Repeat the first three steps. Change back to English – US.

That didn't work. I can search with English UK, but if I change it back to US it still force closes.

Edit: Change your voice to UK, then go to offline speech recognition and delete and reinstall the English (US) recognition pack. Do a search as UK, then change it to US. It works, and "ok google" will work from your homescreen.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,
    while we patiently wait for our phones to be updated to android 4.4, I have some good news for you guys.
    YOU CAN GET ANDROID 4.4 LAUNCHER ON YOUR PHONE NOW!!

Instructions:
    1. Download the zip file from below.
    2. Extract the zip and place the apks on your phone
    3. Install PrebuiltGmsCore.apk
    4. Install Velvet.apk
    5. Install GoogleHome.apk
    6. Press home button, select the launcher and enjoy! :)

Download link l Mirror

Video:
    Credits: Orlandojumpoff

[Android 4.4 Wallpapers from nexus 5: Link

WARNING! THIS HAS BEEN TESTED ON MY LG OPTIMUS G RUNNING ANDROID 4.3(PA). I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG WITH YOUR DEVICE :) THIS IS EXTRACTED FROM THE NEXUS 5 AND HENCE, EXPECT SOME ISSUES ON SOME PHONES! HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF IT WORKS :D

UPDATE: CONFIRMED TO BE WORKING ON MIUIV5 (ANDROID 4.2) AS WELL. HOWEVER, GOOGLE SEARCH/NOW TENDS TO FORCE CLOSE.
    UPDATE 2: FROM FEEDBACK, IT DOESNT SEEM TO WORK ON 4.1 AND BELOW. SO MINIMUM REQUIREMENT IS ANDROID 4.2 :)
    UPDATE 3: SEEMS LIKE SOME PEOPLE RUNNING 4.1 ARE ABLE TO GET IT WORKING. SO IT IS WORTH GIVING A TRY EVEN IF U R ON 4.1 :)
    UPDATE 4: FOR THOSE STILL HAVING FC AND STUFFS. I HAVE ADDED A FILE TO THE OP(IT WAS PREVIOUSLY IN ONE OF MY COMMENTS). DOWNLOAD IT BELOW, UNZIP IT, COPY AND REPLACE IT IN /SYSTEM/LIB/ DIRECTORY ON UR PHONE COPY YOUR ORIGINAL .SO FILE TO SOMEWHERE IN CASE U WANNA REVERT BACK LATER(USE ROOT EXPLORER), REBOOT. :)
    UPDATE 5: GOOD NEWS!!! THOSE RUNNING JELLY BEAN. JUST UPDATE YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH FROM PLAY STORE AND ALL YOU WOULD NEED TO INSTALL FROM THE ZIP IS GOOGLEHOME.APK. THIS SHOULD NO LONGER GIVE ANY FORCE CLOSES OR ANY OTHER ISSUES. SHOULD BE FULLY FUNCTIONAL :D
    Just can't get it to work,whenever I open the launcher,it tells that google search has force closed,can't even open the launcher.
    Running 4.1.1
    Tried changing language and stuff,just doesn't work. :(

For those still having FC problems. Unzip the attachment and try adding the .so file to ur phone's /system/lib/ . For that u would need to have rood access. Tell me how it goes :)

That didn't work. I can search with English UK, but if I change it back to US it still force closes.

Edit: Change your voice to UK, then go to offline speech recognition and delete and reinstall the English (US) recognition pack. Do a search as UK, then change it to US. It works, and "ok google" will work from your homescreen.
    To fix voice search force closing, change language from English and back. :good:
    Any mirrors?

Sent from my One Xl using xda app-developers app

Here u go: http://d-h.st/f6b