• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[app] Glitch Kernel Updater

Search This thread

sixstringsg

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 11, 2009
Dallas, TX
This is a thread to keep up with the development of the Glitch Kernel Updater. Post issues/suggestions here. The market link is here: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.glitch.updater All app questions belong here, all kernel questions belong in their respective threads. Please read the kernel OP and FAQ before posting a question.

I guess I need to put app install instructions:
1) Make sure you have ROM manager. The free one works, the Pro gives added functionality.
2) make sure you set up ROM manager properly
Go into ROM manager, click the button on the top that says "flash clockwordmod"
Tell it your device, making sure you select the one that ends in mtd
Tell it you've flashed manually
Tell it 3.XX
Profit​
3) install the app.
4) use the app.
5) Profit

Troubleshooting:
There is a bug report button for a reason. I will not help you if you have an app issue and there is no bug report attached.
If you have a fascinate, there is a fix posted in the thread, but it is an issue with either your ROM, or a past kernel you installed. It moved your apps data to a place that is not standard to CM7, therefore the app does not find the zip.

Last edited:

DrkGhst87

Jul 17, 2010
Chicago
+1 for the app, just purchased ... Glad to support y'all work ... will report back if I encounter any problems ... Can't wait to see what you guys bring to the app/kernel!!!

erivnocmc

Apr 10, 2011
Odesa

Deliquified

Oct 21, 2010
Goldsboro, NC
Is it possible to get a PM with the latest HL kernel link..? I can provide email from account I purchased on market with if needed. App still not working for HL

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a thread to keep up with the development of the Glitch Kernel Updater. Post issues/suggestions here. The market link is here: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.glitch.updater All app questions belong here, all kernel questions belong in their respective threads. Please read the kernel OP and FAQ before posting a question.

I guess I need to put app install instructions:
    1) Make sure you have ROM manager. The free one works, the Pro gives added functionality.
    2) make sure you set up ROM manager properly
    Go into ROM manager, click the button on the top that says "flash clockwordmod"
    Tell it your device, making sure you select the one that ends in mtd
    Tell it you've flashed manually
    Tell it 3.XX
    Profit​
    3) install the app.
    4) use the app.
    5) Profit

Troubleshooting:
    There is a bug report button for a reason. I will not help you if you have an app issue and there is no bug report attached.
    If you have a fascinate, there is a fix posted in the thread, but it is an issue with either your ROM, or a past kernel you installed. It moved your apps data to a place that is not standard to CM7, therefore the app does not find the zip.
    Here is a little teaser of the next version.
    main.png

console.png
    More teasers :p (I think its really close to being finished)
    Well i don't want to post allot more pics so ill just post this root: HERE

And here's a few pics
    console2.png

volt.png
    hey sixstringsg!
    short suggestion for the next version of the app, could you implement something that says if a new kernel exists or not? now it shows nothing ... you only can install or not (without knowing what kernel he will install or what version currently is installed) ... you know what i mean?

thank you!

It's already done for the next update.