[App] Gmail, Music, Photo Timescape Plugins. UP! Last.FM Scrobbler and Google Reader

Search This thread

mobilesolutionworks

Aug 16, 2011
This thread specifically for bug reporting, and discussing about Timescape plugins created by me.

Currently there are three plugins running wild on the Android Market.
Apps by Mobile Solution Works

Gmail for Timescape™
chart

The plugin will show Gmail messages from all your Google accounts.
The plugin will not work if you running Gmail version 2.3.5
Recent Android app update prevents third-party apps from using com.google.android.gm.permission.READ_GMAIL.

Google Reader Timescape™
chart

Plugin for displaying your Google Reader subscription on Timescape and read the summary in a simple reader, or you can go to read the whole story on browser as well

Music for Timescape™
chart

The plugin will show the history of musics that you played with Sony Ericsson Music Player application.
Known bug, when you click the tile, the media will be played, but sometimes or most of the time, the album art is the previous media played on the Sony Ericsson Music app.

Photo for Timescape™
chart

This plugin will put a history of each photo taken after the installation.

Recent changes for 3.0
- Photo taken in 16:9 ratio will show properly without blank space below
- Photo taken in portrait orientation will show properly
- When photo deleted in Gallery, the photo will be deleted on Timescape as well
- Put more restriction so only device with Timescape can download and use

K-9 Mail plugin for Timescape™
chart

The plugin will show the history of 20 latest K-9 emails.
Just published to Market, you will be able to find the app soon

Daily Flickr for Timescape™
chart

This plugin will update you with daily interesting photo from Flick website.
Based from this website http://www.flickr.com/explore/ and this http://flourish.org/flickr/
If you use my Google Reader for flickr, it will download the full size image for thumbnailing purpose.
While this plugin is optimized so it downloads the thumbnail, better for people with limited data plan.

Traffic Live plugin for Timescape™
chart

This plugin will show you all the traffics incidents in Singapore.
Only available for Singapore market.

Last.FM Scrobbler for Xperia
chart

Plugin to enable scrobbling via Sony Xperia Music app

p.s
If you find this plugins pleasing you, please post a comment on the market or at least rate it. It would means a lot to me knowing that my developments are pleasing you :)

Next on the list is
-Picture RSS plugin
-K-9 Mail plugin

Notice Gmail plugin not working for Gmail app ver 2.3.5

In android, each application save their data into private space, this includes files and database.
Then each application may share their private data by exposing their information through a "data provider".
And this "data provider" can be set for public use, or only for other apps signed with same certificate as the provider

Gmail prior to 2.3.5 expose their data provider for public use, which actually in sense is not secure.
But that allow us to create a lot of widget, app and even launcher which read data from Gmail.

Gmail 2.3.5 which has their data provider secured, make all this kind or widget, app and launcher to stop working.
The only way to have this work on Gmail 2.3.5 and future version is when Google expose an API for us to access, or you can install the "modified" Gmail 2.3.5 on your own risk

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1199598

Notice about plugin development

As i said above, so for certain apps integration, only if the data is accessible with a public data provider on the phone, or and exposed API on web service like Facebook API or future Google Plus API then we can make one.

I already looked on the Google Plus and Whatsapp, they both don't have any data provider exposed for us to us.

Last edited:

mobilesolutionworks

Aug 16, 2011
Want to help localized the application?
Below are the text resources included in the application. If you want to have the application in your own language, feel free to download, translate and submit back to me via email to [email protected]

Help wanted ...

Music Timescape™
As most of us currently using Gingerbread, I totally forgot what is the default behaviour for the music tile when you clicks it.
Currently I just pass the music to the player, then the music app will only have THAT media in its playing list.

Still figuring out the best way for this.

Last edited:
Reactions: pataxda

mobilesolutionworks

Aug 16, 2011
Requested apps that will be checked for development possibility
- PowerAmp

Checked apps that the plugin can use the app database or data provider
- Yahoo! Mail

Checked apps that the plugin will required direct connection the service
- Google+

Apps which the plugin that cannot be developed
- Built-in Email application
- Whatsapp
- Vignette

Last edited:

trollertron22

Aug 7, 2011
Hey bro I downloaded the music plugin but my music cant showing up?

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

Edit nevermind. Just had to reboot

Last edited:

Mortimus

Feb 24, 2007
Default music app

Anyway to get the default android music app to show up as well? I only use google music, which nothing beyond the default android app supports, as far as I know.. :/

Also any chance for a Google Reader plugin?

mobilesolutionworks

Aug 16, 2011
still NO EVENTS on music timescape..... help.... plz somebody :(:(:(:(:(
Which phone are you using? Xperia X10? The music only registered into the plugin when you finish it completely. As in it stops or it changes to next song.

I usually test by dragging the play timeline to the end, and it will be registerd to the plugin successfully.

Also you might want to do the reboot process.. Uninstall first to be sure, reboot, then redownload from the store.

Hemal Jayawardene

Jul 9, 2011
got it......

Which phone are you using? Xperia X10? The music only registered into the plugin when you finish it completely. As in it stops or it changes to next song.

I usually test by dragging the play timeline to the end, and it will be registerd to the plugin successfully.

Also you might want to do the reboot process.. Uninstall first to be sure, reboot, then redownload from the store.

thnx a lot...... plz try to photo timescape also.......... thnx again:):):):):):):):):):):)

Reactions: mobilesolutionworks

mobilesolutionworks

Aug 16, 2011
wonderfull job.
your plugins make timescape a different and much better package THANKS
I believe that pop3 email and Google reader plugins would complete th job
Just checked on both yesterday. Google Reader apps does not expose their data provider. And the built in Email apps, that one have a secured permission set, just like Gmail ... too bad

Some other apps like Executive Assistant, they will connect to Google Reader web directly, rather than communicating with Google Reader apps.
I dont like the idea, if i make one and install both, meaning i will be wasting two times data and power cause the phone will two times to Google Reader.

I'm thinking of something out of the box now.

Next is a Picture RSS plugin, which will download a picture from a RSS source and show the picture in tile ... It would be good for daily dose of fun :)

Last edited:

GraemeJones

Nov 17, 2010
Reading
Excellent add-ins!

Loving these add-ins, is there any chance of getting a plugin to work with the stock email app so that I can see my exchange email in Timescape?

Last edited:

chiypg

Feb 15, 2011
3 issues about the photo plugin

Thank you for the apps :)

1. It works with the stock camera app, but not Vignette. There is no event at all when a new photo is taken from Vignette.
2. When a photo is deleted, the event is still in the TS stream.
3. I'm using the new TS from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1205999 When I open the TS app, the photo event shows a thumbnail of the photo. However, there is no thumbnail in the widget, and a default black image is used instead.

unreal_rik

Nov 8, 2008

1. It works with the stock camera app, but not Vignette. There is no event at all when a new photo is taken from Vignette.
3. I'm using the new TS from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1205999 When I open the TS app, the photo event shows a thumbnail of the photo. However, there is no thumbnail in the widget, and a default black image is used instead.

agree.
even if the photo is deleted the event still remains in the stream.
i'm using stock 2.3 timescape and the no thumbnail widget problem was there for me as well but it showed the thumbnail once i restarted my device. maybe you should try doing that too ?

mobilesolutionworks

Aug 16, 2011

agree.
even if the photo is deleted the event still remains in the stream.
i'm using stock 2.3 timescape and the no thumbnail widget problem was there for me as well but it showed the thumbnail once i restarted my device. maybe you should try doing that too ?

Ok..

I haven't tried with Vignette yet.. what the plugin do is tracking for standardize event broadcasted by stock camera app and se camera app.. which is mostly used for monitoring new photo. vignette might not broadcast the event when a photo is taken.

for the deleted photo stay in TS stream, during my development.. i keep one thing in mind.. this plugin should not use too much processing, because if it drains battery, then it would defeat the purpose. and i see TS stream as a history, not the actual information browser.

if you notice, when you delete an email in Gmail, the stream is not deleted as well. because checking for deletion is a really costly process.. because how android works, basically you are a comparing a set of list against another set of list and checks which one is missing.. rather than it tell you these set is no gone. :confused:

but i understand, sometimes if you move all your photo from your phones to computer.. it would be really frustrating to see a lot of blank tiles :D

I will put this on "to do list" for now, currently i'm working on K-9 Email plugin for Timescape ;)

marcoplo

Nov 4, 2010
rss channel with option add source would be perfect
the mail plugin is perfect I lovin' it would useful for h'mail , y'hoo

Thanks very very very much. Good work and keep up old

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread specifically for bug reporting, and discussing about Timescape plugins created by me.

Currently there are three plugins running wild on the Android Market.
    Apps by Mobile Solution Works

Gmail for Timescape™
    chart

The plugin will show Gmail messages from all your Google accounts.
    The plugin will not work if you running Gmail version 2.3.5
    Recent Android app update prevents third-party apps from using com.google.android.gm.permission.READ_GMAIL.

Google Reader Timescape™
    chart

Plugin for displaying your Google Reader subscription on Timescape and read the summary in a simple reader, or you can go to read the whole story on browser as well

Music for Timescape™
    chart

The plugin will show the history of musics that you played with Sony Ericsson Music Player application.
    Known bug, when you click the tile, the media will be played, but sometimes or most of the time, the album art is the previous media played on the Sony Ericsson Music app.

Photo for Timescape™
    chart

This plugin will put a history of each photo taken after the installation.

Recent changes for 3.0
    - Photo taken in 16:9 ratio will show properly without blank space below
    - Photo taken in portrait orientation will show properly
    - When photo deleted in Gallery, the photo will be deleted on Timescape as well
    - Put more restriction so only device with Timescape can download and use

K-9 Mail plugin for Timescape™
    chart

The plugin will show the history of 20 latest K-9 emails.
    Just published to Market, you will be able to find the app soon

Daily Flickr for Timescape™
    chart

This plugin will update you with daily interesting photo from Flick website.
    Based from this website http://www.flickr.com/explore/ and this http://flourish.org/flickr/
    If you use my Google Reader for flickr, it will download the full size image for thumbnailing purpose.
    While this plugin is optimized so it downloads the thumbnail, better for people with limited data plan.

Traffic Live plugin for Timescape™
    chart

This plugin will show you all the traffics incidents in Singapore.
    Only available for Singapore market.

Last.FM Scrobbler for Xperia
    chart

Plugin to enable scrobbling via Sony Xperia Music app

p.s
    If you find this plugins pleasing you, please post a comment on the market or at least rate it. It would means a lot to me knowing that my developments are pleasing you :)

Next on the list is
    -Picture RSS plugin
    -K-9 Mail plugin

Notice Gmail plugin not working for Gmail app ver 2.3.5

In android, each application save their data into private space, this includes files and database.
    Then each application may share their private data by exposing their information through a "data provider".
    And this "data provider" can be set for public use, or only for other apps signed with same certificate as the provider

Gmail prior to 2.3.5 expose their data provider for public use, which actually in sense is not secure.
    But that allow us to create a lot of widget, app and even launcher which read data from Gmail.

Gmail 2.3.5 which has their data provider secured, make all this kind or widget, app and launcher to stop working.
    The only way to have this work on Gmail 2.3.5 and future version is when Google expose an API for us to access, or you can install the "modified" Gmail 2.3.5 on your own risk

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1199598

Notice about plugin development

As i said above, so for certain apps integration, only if the data is accessible with a public data provider on the phone, or and exposed API on web service like Facebook API or future Google Plus API then we can make one.

I already looked on the Google Plus and Whatsapp, they both don't have any data provider exposed for us to us.
    Coming Back

Hi guys..

I've been absence for a year or so.. I got trapped working in a company with a very bad and difficult boss and numerous threat of civil lawsuit by him. Now finally the nightmare is over.. and i'm jobless at the moment.

I will be working back to all the issues in the app as well as refining and adding new functions to Timescape plugins.
    The changes that will be added in to the plugins are.

Gmail plugin
    As we know now Gmail apps forbid access to their Inbox, which causing almost all Gmail related apps cease working. I've done some workaround and since we know that most of Xperia can be rooted, the next Gmail plugin will work against any Gmail app version on rooted phone.

Google Reader
    Google Reader plugin will be revamped as a standalone app with Timescape plugin capability, which means there will be simple yet usefull application for reading Google Reader news feed, rather that a simple plugin which only capable of opening the content and read.

Photo Plugin and Music Plugin
    I will refine the user interface and functionality, but the plugin capability will be limited to what the phone can offers.

K-9 Mail
    I will consider to continue supporting the plugin, as K-9 is a bit difficult to handle and the number of user is not really much. But if i have time, i will continue this plugin development

The rest
    It will be mostly bug fixing
    Want to help localized the application?
    Below are the text resources included in the application. If you want to have the application in your own language, feel free to download, translate and submit back to me via email to [email protected]

Help wanted ...

Music Timescape™
    As most of us currently using Gingerbread, I totally forgot what is the default behaviour for the music tile when you clicks it.
    Currently I just pass the music to the player, then the music app will only have THAT media in its playing list.

Still figuring out the best way for this.
    Great job :D. If you get the photo plugin working Timescape will be perfect :)
    got it......

thnx a lot...... plz try to photo timescape also.......... thnx again:):):):):):):):):):):)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone