Search This thread

aenima73

Oct 22, 2012
Madrid
It doesn't work on my JB, it doesn't hide the bar. However the hide bar option of GMD Gesture control works.

Any ideas?

I don't want to use GMD Gesture control just for hide the status bar.

buzz86us

Jun 24, 2011
Is there any way you can split the commands into 2 different apps or as a single app that just performs the task when it is activated so I can just have it on my smart taskbar?

Last edited:

StupidIdea

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2011
This application here is not maintained anymore. I posted new version on Google Play that I plan to support and evolve. It supports JB too.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gmd.hidebar

I'm still leaving old versions here for everyone who likes it, however application on Google Play is complete rewrite.

New application features:
- Create launcher shortcut to hide/show status bar.
- Integrate with Tasker, SwipePad or any other application that supports shortcuts.
- Restore status bar on Screen Off.
- Hide status bar in Portrait or Landscape only.
- Hide status bar on device boot.

Last edited:

AbsolutLamer

Dec 14, 2012
Thanks buddy, works perfectly now! That's what i was looking for, happy to pay 1,50$ for it.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

StupidIdea

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2011
Thanks buddy, works perfectly now! That's what i was looking for, happy to pay 1,50$ for it.

If you have any suggestions in the future I'm interested to hear and can implement it. I hope to revive this thread for new version support.
One area that I would like feedback is should I add some on screen trigger to hide/show status bar, like hidden button or something. My idea was that users who want on screen triggers can use GMD GestureControl and trigger status bar with gesture. And GMD Hide Bar was implemented lightweight - no status bar icon, no overlays buttons, but integrates with any app using Toggle Statusbar shortcut. Still can be used standalone as it provides rotation triggers (hide in landscape/portrait only) and can restore status bar on screen off.

Ideas that I'm considering:
- Accelerometer trigger (tap device on side to hide/show status bar)
- Long search button to toggle status bar - not so sure about it, as search button seems less popular on new devices, most devices don't have it.
- Hidden on screen button - can be added as an option, but note that any overlay on screen lags device a bit.
- Anything else?

Reactions: henreeg

zkgbz

Mar 4, 2009
how come when hide status bar

my reset apps is not working and accept calls also is broken(call screen doesn't show up)
note 2 , rooted stock exynos abuse

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Works perfectly on Galaxy S3! Hide and Show!

Pozdrav
    Croatia1
    Doesnt work for me if i tick busybox.

Sent from GT-P6800 using xda premium

If you have any suggestions in the future I'm interested to hear and can implement it. I hope to revive this thread for new version support.
    One area that I would like feedback is should I add some on screen trigger to hide/show status bar, like hidden button or something. My idea was that users who want on screen triggers can use GMD GestureControl and trigger status bar with gesture. And GMD Hide Bar was implemented lightweight - no status bar icon, no overlays buttons, but integrates with any app using Toggle Statusbar shortcut. Still can be used standalone as it provides rotation triggers (hide in landscape/portrait only) and can restore status bar on screen off.

Ideas that I'm considering:
    - Accelerometer trigger (tap device on side to hide/show status bar)
    - Long search button to toggle status bar - not so sure about it, as search button seems less popular on new devices, most devices don't have it.
    - Hidden on screen button - can be added as an option, but note that any overlay on screen lags device a bit.
    - Anything else?
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone