[APP] Google Camera for Moto G9 Plus - GCam

Search This thread

Kikowtf

Jul 29, 2014
Rafaela
www.grupo-met.com
Moto G9 Plus was released recently and now we have a working port of GCam for Moto G9 Plus available to download. The compatible Google Camera port(s) are brought to you by Arnova8G2.

Available GCam versions
Below are the available version(s) of GCam for Moto G9 Plus

• GCam 7.4 (Latest Version)
  • GCam 7.3 for Android 10
  • GCam 7.2 for Android 10
The GCam 7.x versions(s) bring Astrophotography mode, better night sight pictures on Moto G9 Plus, and variants along with other older features such as HDR+, Timelapse, portrait mode, etc. The available GCam ports are compatible with Android 10.

1609763673090.png

Status of this Moto G9 Plus Google Camera
WHAT’S WORKING
– HDR+ Enhanced
– Portrait mode
– Night Sight
– Astrophotography mode
– Almost everything

KNOWN ISSUES
– Nothing reported yet

If in case you have found any issue with the given Google Camera for Moto G9 Plus which is not mentioned above, Help us by mentioning the issues in comments, Our Fix google camera issues post may help you to fix the issues on your own.

Download GCam 7.3 for Moto G9 Plus:
GCam 7.3 by Arnova8G2 –

Download

How to Install Google Camera on Moto G9 Plus?
  1. Download any GCam APK file from the above download link(s).
  2. To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.For Android 10 version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
    Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there. Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Pie for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
1609763831968.png

1. Once enabled, click on the downloaded app to install.
  2. Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature-packed Google Camera APK on Moto G9 Plus.
How to enable Astro Photography mode on Moto G9 Plus Google Camera?
By default the astrophotography mode is not enabled on this GCam. In case you want to change the setting, follow the below instructions to enable or disable the astrophotography mode.

• Go to GCam Settings
  • Scroll down and go to Advanced settings
  • Then scroll down almost to the end and enable Astrophotography Mode under Astrophotography settings.
Below are the screenshots that show how to enable the astrophotography mode.
1609763870857.png
1609763875666.png

How to shoot in astrophotography mode?
Google Camera version 7.0 and up comes with Astrophotography mode by default, but there are conditions that must be met to enable astrophotography mode. Usually, the following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode if manually not force enabled:

• It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
  • The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
  • There must be low light condition
  • It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
– When the display shows something like “Astrophotography is on” or “Capturing cuttlefish” (or on some GCam ports nothing is shown at all) while capturing a photo in Night Sight mode, then it is shooting in astrophotography mode otherwise not.
– If the GCam takes a lot of time usually more than 30 seconds then it is capturing in Astro mode.
– When I kept the phone static in front of a good light source, the Astrophotography mode did not turn on.
So, make sure it is a low light environment.

New features keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Moto G9 Plus. This page will always have all available working Google Camera for Moto G9 Plus.

Source: [ GCam ] Moto G9 Plus Google Camera APK Download Latest (cyanogenmods.org)

flipp0

Jun 2, 2013
The download link isn't working here either, but there's a mirror on Celso Azevedo website:

The quality is reasonable, but the AWB lacks some proper tuning, video recording is currently broken, I tested newer builds, but got similar results, I'm currently using PXv8.1_GCam-v1.0 (video rec remains broken).

Edit: I've found a better working GCam, it has video recording functionality, all aux sensors detection are functional, included the depth sensor, however, the binning feature is currently broken; I guess system changes would be needed to have 64MP pictures.
Download: NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0, base config attached below, feel free to tune over it.

PS: Here's some information about the camera sensors used on G9 Plus:
• IMX519 (Sony)
• OV02B10 (Omnivision)
• OV02B1B (Omnivision)
• OV16ALQ (Omnivision)
• S5K4H7 (Samsung)
• S5KGW1 (Samsung)

Edit²: There's a better GCam that I just stumbled upon, it's made for OnePlus 6T, but it works just fine here, since we share the same main sensor, Slow-Mo@120fps/240fps is funcional, as FHD@60fps / UHD@30fps, AWB is fine, and there's tons of presets built-in (I didn't tested it all, but it looks fine, properly tuned for IMX 519).
Download: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog1326/
Which version of the mod do you use right now?

Satsuma99

Jan 22, 2021
Here is an xml file for the latest version of Nikita's gcam. The 3 cameras work fine and i delivers very good results, with good sharpness and fairly faithful colors. All modes are in operation.

NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0:
XML:

Attachments

• Gcam Nikita 2.0 Improved.xml
    24.8 KB · Views: 817
Last edited:
Reactions: prodj77 and Kikowtf

obliviousryuk

Mar 5, 2016
Here is an xml file for the latest version of Nikita's gcam. The 3 cameras work fine and i delivers very good results, with good sharpness and fairly faithful colors. All modes are in operation.

NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0:
XML:
Man! thank you so much for this! I have been looking for a compatible gcam with a specific xml file that will work wonders for our device. whew. finally! all working well, at last I got a working night sight and some good wide cam colors!

• Love
Reactions: Satsuma99

st.gandra

Oct 3, 2019
Moto G9 Plus

NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0:
XML:
With this xml camera 1&3 are enabled. I think macro not. Which camera in settings is macro 3,4 or 5?

jopali

Jun 23, 2021
Hello I´m asking here in this old thread because I have installed Nikita 8.1 version, from May. The film camera doesn´t work but I dont´t care. The pictures are awesome. It´s like a new phone. But the thing is I can´t find the XML file for this phone. Do you know where I can fin it?

Reactions: st.gandra

j3cnfa@

Feb 11, 2022
Alguien tiene una version gcam estable ?
Nikita GCam
NGCam | Google Camera modification

▫️Chat: @ngcamchat
▫️Channel (XML): @ngcamxml
▫️Contact: @nickpl13_bot
▫️Web Page: celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-Nikita/
▫️ Donate: telegra.ph/Donations-06-08

Perdón guroobde telegram de Nikita. Yonusonla versión 8.2 sin problemas 👌

• Love
Reactions: prodj77

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Moto G9 Plus was released recently and now we have a working port of GCam for Moto G9 Plus available to download. The compatible Google Camera port(s) are brought to you by Arnova8G2.

Available GCam versions
    Below are the available version(s) of GCam for Moto G9 Plus

• GCam 7.4 (Latest Version)
    • GCam 7.3 for Android 10
    • GCam 7.2 for Android 10
    The GCam 7.x versions(s) bring Astrophotography mode, better night sight pictures on Moto G9 Plus, and variants along with other older features such as HDR+, Timelapse, portrait mode, etc. The available GCam ports are compatible with Android 10.

1609763673090.png

Status of this Moto G9 Plus Google Camera
    WHAT’S WORKING
    – HDR+ Enhanced
    – Portrait mode
    – Night Sight
    – Astrophotography mode
    – Almost everything

KNOWN ISSUES
    – Nothing reported yet

If in case you have found any issue with the given Google Camera for Moto G9 Plus which is not mentioned above, Help us by mentioning the issues in comments, Our Fix google camera issues post may help you to fix the issues on your own.

Download GCam 7.3 for Moto G9 Plus:
    GCam 7.3 by Arnova8G2 –

Download

How to Install Google Camera on Moto G9 Plus?
    1. Download any GCam APK file from the above download link(s).
    2. To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.For Android 10 version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
      Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there. Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Pie for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
    1609763831968.png

1. Once enabled, click on the downloaded app to install.
    2. Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature-packed Google Camera APK on Moto G9 Plus.
    How to enable Astro Photography mode on Moto G9 Plus Google Camera?
    By default the astrophotography mode is not enabled on this GCam. In case you want to change the setting, follow the below instructions to enable or disable the astrophotography mode.

• Go to GCam Settings
    • Scroll down and go to Advanced settings
    • Then scroll down almost to the end and enable Astrophotography Mode under Astrophotography settings.
    Below are the screenshots that show how to enable the astrophotography mode.
    1609763870857.png
    1609763875666.png

How to shoot in astrophotography mode?
    Google Camera version 7.0 and up comes with Astrophotography mode by default, but there are conditions that must be met to enable astrophotography mode. Usually, the following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode if manually not force enabled:

• It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
    • The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
    • There must be low light condition
    • It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
    – When the display shows something like “Astrophotography is on” or “Capturing cuttlefish” (or on some GCam ports nothing is shown at all) while capturing a photo in Night Sight mode, then it is shooting in astrophotography mode otherwise not.
    – If the GCam takes a lot of time usually more than 30 seconds then it is capturing in Astro mode.
    – When I kept the phone static in front of a good light source, the Astrophotography mode did not turn on.
    So, make sure it is a low light environment.

New features keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Moto G9 Plus. This page will always have all available working Google Camera for Moto G9 Plus.

Source: [ GCam ] Moto G9 Plus Google Camera APK Download Latest (cyanogenmods.org)

NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0:
    XML:
    please fix download

NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0:
    XML:
    Man! thank you so much for this! I have been looking for a compatible gcam with a specific xml file that will work wonders for our device. whew. finally! all working well, at last I got a working night sight and some good wide cam colors!
    Hello I´m asking here in this old thread because I have installed Nikita 8.1 version, from May. The film camera doesn´t work but I dont´t care. The pictures are awesome. It´s like a new phone. But the thing is I can´t find the XML file for this phone. Do you know where I can fin it?