• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[APP][GPS][16DEC10] QuickGPS Lite v1.5

Search This thread

Vico100

Dec 25, 2007
Description:
QuickGPS Lite can speed up the time for determining your GPS position by downloading the latest satellite data via an Internet connection (such as GPRS, ActiveSync, ect.). I made this app.

Main.png
Options.png

Features: all-in-one program
No more connection problems
Uses WMoblie connection settings (can auto GPRS, ActiveSync ect.)
Choose save location
Program size: ~55KB

Extra info:
SiRF GPS devices: packedEphemeris.ee (A bigger file is created with the unpacked packedEphemeris.ee called ephdata.clm in the same folder, '\Windows', when GPS run)
GpsOne (Qualcomm) GPS devices: xtra.bin (usually goes in root)

Servers:
6 Different servers to choose from (each server gives a different file)
  • TW (service.mio-tech.com) [Recommended]
  • TW (ephemeris.asus.com.tw)
  • UK (htcusainc.com)
  • UK (service.htceurope.com)
  • CA (xtra1.gpsonextra.net)
  • US (xtra2.gpsonextra.net)

For quickest connection use:
  1. Mod Driver
  2. QuickGPS Lite
  3. GPS Test
It takes around ~10 seconds from cold start to get 9 satellites and have a stable connection.

The program writes registry's based on the radio option and save location, but only after a successful download. (option 1 to 6) (1 is default if there is no registry present)
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Apps\Vico QuickGPS Lite]
"Option"=dword:1
"Location"="Windows\"

Requirements:
.NET Compact Framework 3.5

Updates:
1.0 - 12/12/2010: Initial release
1.2 - 14/12/2010: Add ability to choose save location
1.3 - 14/12/2010: Critical bugs
1.4 - 16/12/2010: Fixed root save location bug, added simple error checking for save location
1.5 - 16/12/2010: Illegal characters in path error, added packedEphemeris server

;)Please donate if you like it and for support :D

Attachments

• Main.png
    Main.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 403
  • Options.png
    Options.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 352
  • QuickGPS_Lite_v1_5_WM_EXT.zip
    39.4 KB · Views: 2,012
  • QuickGPS_Lite_v1_5_WM6.5.CAB
    39 KB · Views: 4,068
  • QuickGPS_Lite_v1_5_WM.CAB
    24.7 KB · Views: 2,759
Last edited:

djsolidsnake86

Feb 14, 2009
can you add a option for download xtra automatically when there is a wifi connection?
doesn't download in my device folder :(
and seem that don't remember what kind of xtra i want to download

Last edited:

Vico100

Dec 25, 2007
can you add a option for download xtra automatically when there is a wifi connection?
I can try but that will be kinda hard. I will have to write a service that is constantly running in the background, or how else would it know when wifi is switched on..
doesn't download in my device folder :(
and seem that don't remember what kind of xtra i want to download
The program writes a registry based on the radio option, but only after a successful download. (option 1 to 5) (1 is default if there is no registry present)
Code:
Also what do you mean" doesn't download in my device folder" it downloads to "\windows".

Is this of any help to Omnia 2 users, or does this only help HTC phones?
If you have GPS on your phone then it will help you also. But just give it a try.

Last edited:

djsolidsnake86

Feb 14, 2009
when i download the xtra with the normal wm application it writes a file xtra.bin in my device folder
with you program after download teh xtra, i search for it but can't find it

for the service in background i think that would be a great idea

Vico100

Dec 25, 2007
"device folder" you mean on root? like outside the "windows" folder?
The xtra.bin is downloaded in the "\Windows" directory.
According to HTC QuickGPS, xtra.bin goes in the windows directory.

Last edited:

Vico100

Dec 25, 2007
Can you see it from your computer when you have it synced? Open it from my computer and go to the windows folder...

Samsung's xtra.bin puts it outside on root? hmmm dunno, cause htc does it inside windows. I may change the program to have a 'save file dialog' so you can save it in custom places....

ai6908

Nov 13, 2006
Land of Lincoln
I used this instead of regular QuickGPS. But I could not get a fix no matter what! It is usually instantaneous when using QuickGPS. But not with this version. I have tried to download fix from 3 different sources, but none seems to make a difference.

Mine is a CDMA TP2. I usually never get a fix without QuickGPS download.

Any ideas?

Vladimirus

Sep 24, 2010
Excuse my ignorance, which is quite considerable, but... what do i do with it? I don't understand. Okay, I installed it just fine, and ran it, downloading "whatever" was downloaded, just fine. But, now what? How does this work with any GPS programs I have? Does it need to be opened and run in the background when i use a GPS program? Again, please excuse my ignorance and lack of understanding.

Vico100

Dec 25, 2007
It goes in the "\Windows" folder. Programs (or maybe the OS) find it use it. So you don't have to do anything after you download it, you can close quickgps lite. I think you might need a SIRF gps chip, but im not to sure.

I use"GPS Test" program to get the connection because it is really fast. for me, if i don't use the packedemperisis.ee it takes a minute or two to connect, while with it it takes around 10 seconds.

omek07

Oct 15, 2007
on omnia 2 the bin is on My Divice directory not on My Divice/windows folder.

thanks for this apps . please make it to save the bin on My Divice directory

thanks again

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Description:
    QuickGPS Lite can speed up the time for determining your GPS position by downloading the latest satellite data via an Internet connection (such as GPRS, ActiveSync, ect.). I made this app.

Main.png
    Options.png

Features: all-in-one program
    No more connection problems
    Uses WMoblie connection settings (can auto GPRS, ActiveSync ect.)
    Choose save location
    Program size: ~55KB

Extra info:
    SiRF GPS devices: packedEphemeris.ee (A bigger file is created with the unpacked packedEphemeris.ee called ephdata.clm in the same folder, '\Windows', when GPS run)
    GpsOne (Qualcomm) GPS devices: xtra.bin (usually goes in root)

Servers:
    6 Different servers to choose from (each server gives a different file)
    • TW (service.mio-tech.com) [Recommended]
    • TW (ephemeris.asus.com.tw)
    • UK (htcusainc.com)
    • UK (service.htceurope.com)
    • CA (xtra1.gpsonextra.net)
    • US (xtra2.gpsonextra.net)

For quickest connection use:
    1. Mod Driver
    2. QuickGPS Lite
    3. GPS Test
    It takes around ~10 seconds from cold start to get 9 satellites and have a stable connection.

The program writes registry's based on the radio option and save location, but only after a successful download. (option 1 to 6) (1 is default if there is no registry present)
    Code:
    "Location"="Windows\"

Requirements:
    .NET Compact Framework 3.5

Updates:
    1.0 - 12/12/2010: Initial release
    1.2 - 14/12/2010: Add ability to choose save location
    1.3 - 14/12/2010: Critical bugs
    1.4 - 16/12/2010: Fixed root save location bug, added simple error checking for save location
    1.5 - 16/12/2010: Illegal characters in path error, added packedEphemeris server

;)Please donate if you like it and for support :D
    I can look into a service/auto thing, but can't guarantee anything.

same in 1.3, the first 3 option doesn't downdload the xtra.bin
    Well of course, that's the whole point. It downloads packedEphemeris.ee
    Depends were you live.
    If you can read, like on the first post it says "World (service.mio-tech.com) [Recommended]"

(is this app so hard to use?!)
    Is this any common with SeaSGEE !?!

Yes, first server.
    I don't think you can do anything. Because its up to the manufacturer to install the proper drives that use the packedEphemeris.ee.
    But it also might be go under a different name/directory. Try putting it into your root directory see if there is any difference.
    The easiest way is to try to find some kind of file that is generated/updated when you start gps and receive a connection.
    Maybe.. try to open any gps*.dll in IDA try to do a search in them to find maybe the correct file name/directory.
    But unless the manufacturer installed any drives that actually use the files, its just won't work.