[APP] homeMYhome (customize home double tap)

Search This thread

c3k

Sep 13, 2009
Hi folks, with this app you can select any application to be launched on home double tap button / bluetooth longpress.

Requires a Samsung-based rom
no Cyanogen/AOSP/AOKP, sorry. UPDATE: for non-sammy ROMS you can use Home2 Shortcut (thanks to InfiniteRecall).

Only one rule: my app use the same package name of Samsung Voice Control (I've chosen the easy way to do this hack :p), so you have to delete /system/app/VoiceToGo.apk (if your rom include it) and reboot before installing the attached .apk.

In last leaked Ice Cream Sandwich roms I've found VoiceToGo is in different location:
XXLP2 > /system/app/vlingo.apk
XXLPB > /data/app/com.vlingo.client.samsung-1.apk

</useful information>

I've written this app simply because I don't like Samsung Voice control, I was using Vlingo on my Nexus One and I think it was much more efficent and less Samsung-centric. Afterwards I decided to share it with you, so I added an activity to choose any installed application.

Hope you'll like it as I do, suggestions&donations are welcome.

CHANGELOG

1.0 (12/10/11)
- first release

1.1 (13/10/11)
- changed app launch mode (google talk fc)
- changed save preference mode to work without sqlite sync (toast confirmation didn't appear, app didn't close itself automatically, and settings was lost on restart, if you had this problem uninstall and reinstall)

1.2 (15/07/13)
- Jelly Bean version (thanks e495957 for testing) - UNINSTALL PREVIOUS VERSION BEFORE

Attachments

• homeMYhome_1.1.apk
    16.1 KB · Views: 9,576
  • homeMYhome_1.2.apk
    16.6 KB · Views: 1,468
Last edited:

J-r0en

Jul 4, 2009
Amsterdam
Removed the apk and installed ur app, but when i click on an app i want to use, nothing happens. running on 2.3.4 KH3

Ah it did work, just needed a reboot. and it kind of needs a confirmation of the app you've chosen.

One way or another, nice app ^^

Last edited:

c3k

Sep 13, 2009
a toast notification is shown when you select the app, at least on my phone :)

do you had VoiceToGo.apk?
maybe a reboot is needed anyway, waiting for other experiences

petsasj

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 22, 2010
Athens
Thank you very much c3k, i'll test it now. It was on my todo list :p

edit: works perfect. thanks man

Last edited:

MartyHulskemper

Jun 5, 2008
Hey c3k,

GREAT application! Comes closest to a solution for the lack of a dedicated search hardware button, like the O2x has. Great, great, great! Thanks a bunch.

And, errrr, by the way, selecting the application to launch in the list on my SGS2 also throws a toast notification. Very intuitive and spartan interface, doesn't exactly need a manual. Props!

luvgirl12345

Jan 24, 2010
Damn I wanted this... but I'm now on cyanogenmod so no samsung double tap! could you make a simple application that works like Quickdesk but lets you choose what to launch on double tap? :p

dtekkt

Sep 16, 2010
Vienna
Thanks, works perfectly :), I don't need voice control often, but it would be cool if we could use it anyway (but not on double tap), is there a way you could do this?

Sent from my Miuibuntu Revolution GT-I9100 using XDA App

john291

Feb 10, 2010
Hello will this launch a app on the homescreen by double tap?

That would be cool then we have no more unwanted apps starting by accident.

rodeo_calling

Mar 30, 2005
Yeah I set it to poweramp and loving it. But would be a nice option to get a quick launcher on double tap. Been searching the market but no good options for me.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

dtekkt

Sep 16, 2010
Vienna
Yeah I set it to poweramp and loving it. But would be a nice option to get a quick launcher on double tap. Been searching the market but no good options for me.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Maybe try quick desk? I don't know if you could launch it as an app, but you could try :)

Sent from my Miuibuntu Revolution GT-I9100 using XDA App

c3k

Sep 13, 2009
Damn I wanted this... but I'm now on cyanogenmod so no samsung double tap! could you make a simple application that works like Quickdesk but lets you choose what to launch on double tap? :p

I think is possible, but it's a complete different work...
Quickdesk dev can do it with a couple of code line :p

Thanks, works perfectly :), I don't need voice control often, but it would be cool if we could use it anyway (but not on double tap), is there a way you could do this?

You can install Vlingo (is the reason because this app exists!)
I'm not sure, but I think it has all the Samsung Voice Command features (beacause Vlingo team made it), but it works better (at least with my voice) and it's more flexible.
No way to install Samsung Voice Command and homeMYhome on the same device...

Awesome work mate. Just wish it could work as a good app launcher, you know any good app to go along with it?

look at Quickdesk (you have to use it instead of homeMyhome)

Hello will this launch a app on the homescreen by double tap?

No we are talking about home BUTTON double tap

Last edited:

c3k

Sep 13, 2009
wooops, world is always smaller than one can think :)

my app is still slightly different: I don't replace the home application (so it can continue to work as android engineers designed), I take advantage of the service that samsung puts on his firmware just to launch the voice app (the same service that the app you report seems to irremediably kill)

...and it works from the lookscreen too!

Last edited:

sebarkh

Oct 7, 2010
Warsaw
wooops, world is always smaller than one can think :)

my app is still slightly different: I don't replace the home application (so it can continue to work as android engineers designed), I take advantage of the service that samsung puts on his firmware just to launch the voice app (the same service that the app you report seems to irremediably kill)

...and it works from the lookscreen too!

So that app kills the process and creates its own? And your app keeps this ssamsung process and makes a different use of it, right?
Edit: You convinced me. Ok, so I'm choosing your app :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi folks, with this app you can select any application to be launched on home double tap button / bluetooth longpress.

Requires a Samsung-based rom
    no Cyanogen/AOSP/AOKP, sorry. UPDATE: for non-sammy ROMS you can use Home2 Shortcut (thanks to InfiniteRecall).

Only one rule: my app use the same package name of Samsung Voice Control (I've chosen the easy way to do this hack :p), so you have to delete /system/app/VoiceToGo.apk (if your rom include it) and reboot before installing the attached .apk.

In last leaked Ice Cream Sandwich roms I've found VoiceToGo is in different location:
    XXLP2 > /system/app/vlingo.apk
    XXLPB > /data/app/com.vlingo.client.samsung-1.apk

</useful information>

I've written this app simply because I don't like Samsung Voice control, I was using Vlingo on my Nexus One and I think it was much more efficent and less Samsung-centric. Afterwards I decided to share it with you, so I added an activity to choose any installed application.

Hope you'll like it as I do, suggestions&donations are welcome.

CHANGELOG

1.0 (12/10/11)
    - first release

1.1 (13/10/11)
    - changed app launch mode (google talk fc)
    - changed save preference mode to work without sqlite sync (toast confirmation didn't appear, app didn't close itself automatically, and settings was lost on restart, if you had this problem uninstall and reinstall)

1.2 (15/07/13)
    - Jelly Bean version (thanks e495957 for testing) - UNINSTALL PREVIOUS VERSION BEFORE
    It says the file is not supported on my phone

it's a normal apk...
    do you have "unknow sources" enabled in application settings?
    try to redownload and post the exact error message

hi,
    is possible to mod your app in order to work with the large click and not with the double click.

no, sorry
    Awesome app. If the settings doesn't stick after reboot go to manage applications and clear the apps saved data.

Now when you configure the app it will stick on reboots.

Also for galaxy note users make sure before you remove vlingo that the double click is enabled.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.crazyricky.advhomebutton
    this one is long time in the market and has a better interface...
    TWRP recovery is a tool at root level, it just give you more access to your system's core. Installing it only changes the recovery mode of the phone (giving you more options that the stock one). It dosen't even wipe any data!

I don't know about uninstalling it though... But if you're playing with low level files like the one you mentioned, TWRP recovery is definitly a good tool to have. I guess recovering from the stock ROM using Samsung Kies or ODIN can remove TWRP recovery but you'd also lose your modifications.

JSYK: I used to play with homemyhome (and similar tweaks) back then and I think I never succeeded to make it work as I wanted it to; don't remember why.

Ps: TWRP recovery also allow to backup and restore the whole content of the phone; haven't tried it yet, but many say it works. With some work, you can even copy it to a computer.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone