[APP] hotukdeals droid v1.2 now available in the android market

Search This thread

gluestickapps

Aug 4, 2010
www.gluestickapps.com
hotukdeals droid v1.2 (supports Android 1.6 and above)

hot uk deals droid gives you easy access to all the great deals from the hotukdeals.com website.

* Search
* Sort
* Filter

Any feedback and feature requests please e-mail me with the details.

Search on the Market or AppBrain to download hotukdeals droid

Unable to provide a link as the forum doesn't allow new members to post external links!

Thanks

le3ky

Jan 10, 2010
www.droid-den.com
Unable to provide a link as the forum doesn't allow new members to post external links!

Thanks

chart

Official Site: http://www.gluestickapps.com/
Market Link: market://details?id=com.gluestickapps.android.hukd

:)

It looks good, very nice design, i'm not sure putting filter options in the settings is a great idea though. I'd much prefer a filter popup after long pressing on the red or green bar, or with a direct option on pressing menu. It's waaaay too much hassle right now to apply filters.

Edit: Also the ability to open "go to deal" in the phones browser, maybe long pressing could do this?

Last edited:

gluestickapps

Aug 4, 2010
www.gluestickapps.com
Thanks for adding the links.

Cool to get some feedback, totally agree about the filter links, will move them to a better location.

I'll look into the go to deal from the list, at the mo a short press on the deal takes you to the full details with all the comments and a link to go to the deal.

Thanks

Sent from my HTC Hero using XDA App

le3ky

Jan 10, 2010
www.droid-den.com
I'll look into the go to deal from the list, at the mo a short press on the deal takes you to the full details with all the comments and a link to go to the deal.

np, i actually meant when you short press on the deal, going to the full details qith comments and link to site with actual deal on, that this link to the deal, if long pressed can be opened in external browser, if you see what i mean?

Now:
list of deals > click to go to deal details > click to go to actual deal

Proposal:
AND
list of deals > click to go to deal details > long click to go to actual deal in external browser

gluestickapps

Aug 4, 2010
www.gluestickapps.com
Proposal:
AND
list of deals > click to go to deal details > long click to go to actual deal in external browser

I'm preparing a new release, probably publish it in a couple of days.

I've made the changes to make it easy to access the filtering and sort options and fixed a couple of bugs i've noticed.

I'm looking for peoples opinion, if you change the filters or sort options would you want the app to:
a:) auto refresh the list of deals
b:) leave it up to the user to manually refresh

The only problem with auto-refresh is the app will refresh after each change which could be annoying on a slow connection.

Thanks for the feedback

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone