[APP] [HOW TO] [UPDATED] GALAXY S 5 settings UI enabled !

zohawkish

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 10, 2009
Hi XDA

I'm presenting to you the new UI settings of the galaxy s 5. i've just enabled it from the default note 3 's settings app.

HOW TO:

- decompile SecSeetings.apk
- open bool.xml (res/values)
- find the following lines and make your changes:
Code:
    <bool name="settings_list">[COLOR="Red"]true[/COLOR]</bool> [COLOR="Red"]enable/disable  stock UI
[/COLOR]    <bool name="settings_grid">[COLOR="red"]true[/COLOR]</bool> [COLOR="red"]enable/disable galaxy s 5 UI[/COLOR]

INSTALLATION:

- aroma installation :you have two choices as options.

- Galaxy s5 grid style only (one shortcut)
- Galaxy s5 grid style with stock UI (two shortcuts).

DOWNLOAD

note: secsettings.apk is based on ZHUENB5 4.4.2
this mod working only on 4.4.2

Last edited:

kikoexe

Sep 25, 2011
working here on the NB4 firmware as well.. tried to freeze the old settings app through TB but both of the settings icon disappeared in the app drawer.. good thing i have folders so i just placed the other one there and set the new one as the default settings app..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda premium

Reactions: bogdanpurec

adnani65

Feb 7, 2007
I try to install the apk file with FX file explorer set premission, reboot, nothing changed. Please give more details

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: bogdanpurec

kikoexe

Sep 25, 2011
just download the apk and copy/paste it in the system/priv-app folder.. overwrite the existing one and set the permission to rw-r-r then reboot the phone.. you need to be rooted to be able to copy/paste the apk to the destination..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda premium

zohawkish

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 10, 2009
I try to install the apk file with FX file explorer set premission, reboot, nothing changed. Please give more details

maybe your settings app is installed in app/system. just delete it or overwrite it with my app

albuster

Feb 17, 2011
Popesti Leordeni

Use rootexplorer:
Rename downloaded file with SecSettings.apk, copy, go to system/priv-app rename old SecSettings.apk with .bak, paste, menu, set permissions, r-r-e, reboot, try settings. You will have 2 different icons, press use once to view wich one is the new one.
This worked for me.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

doodydood

Nov 11, 2013
Use rootexplorer:
Rename downloaded file with SecSettings.apk, copy, go to system/priv-app rename old SecSettings.apk with .bak, paste, menu, set permissions, r-r-e, reboot, try settings. You will have 2 different icons, press use once to view wich one is the new one.
This worked for me.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Is it possible to get rid of the icon of the old settings?

dajumper

Jun 28, 2008
Hi XDA

I'm presenting to you the new UI settings of the galaxy s 5. i've just enabled it from the default note 3 's settings app.

LINK

How to:

just paste the apk in the folder : priv-app/system
Great work! Can u make also the above toggles like the s5?

Reactions: theman1111