[App]HTC CM Wifi Internet Sharing[21/07/2009]

Search This thread

chrislhawkes

Nov 19, 2009
goodbye WMWifiRouter :)

first off, this app is awesome... i was using WMWifiRouter until i installed mighty rom 6 and found this gem :)

everything works great on my touch pro (running MRom 6) except the battery stops charging from usb after an hour or two and begins to drain the battery (lol guess they'll do that when theyre not charging) im broadcasting from cdma to wi-fi (not tethering) so im not sure what the problem is...

usually if i just stop the wifirouter and close the app in task mamanger it starts to charge again. but sometimes i have to reset the device to have it charge - very strange

anyways, i will still use this and drool over getting free data on my tablets and droid phones :) but just womdering if anyone else is encountering this issue? i went through a bunch of the replies on this post and couldnt find any relating to my issue

P.S. iphones and ipads find this connection no problem. android OS block ad-hoc ports from stock builds, if you install a cyanogenmod 'nightlie' rom the android will pick it up no problem - rock on guys :)

Pete917

Jun 6, 2009
I cant get this to work. I installed it on my HTC Touch HD with WM 6.1. Seems to install OK but my laptop can't find it when I do a wifi search.

Any thoughts?

michaelviner

May 1, 2010
anyone try to connect with android device

Hi folks. First off I love this app. Been using it with my TP2 for almost a year. Just bought android tablet. Its rooted and I got it to see xda wifi sharing (adhoc) on phone but it won't connect when searching for ip address. First device I havent been able to connect so far. Any ideas ?

michaelviner

May 1, 2010
can this change to open router ?

does anyone know if this program can be changed to make it open router. Apparently my android tablet running froyo has trouble connecting to a WEP network which this running in ? Or does anyone know another windows mobile that will make the phone an open wifi hot spot ? Thanks.

reidler

Nov 4, 2009
I just discovered this a few weeks ago. I had WMWifiRouter. This is very fast. Starts up fast and easy. Not complicated. I have two questions.

1. Does this allow more than 1 connection to it at a time or only one connection at a time? I only have one laptop so I haven't been able to test for myself and a friend asked me.

2. I connected on my laptop. I then ran a speed test on the laptop and it seems it was running slowly. The speed test showed less than 1 mbs. (once it went up to 1.25 download speed) I think when I was using WMWifiRouter I was getting over 2 mbs, even around 3 mbs. Could it be that this program cannot run as fast (not allow the same throughput) as WMWifirouter?

Thanks,
Eli

richard98

Mar 5, 2010
Just discovered this over the weekend. Needed a solution for internet on my Nook while traveling. Works really well. I was also able to connect to it on my laptop and an older netbook. My wife could not connect to it because her work notebook was setup to not allow connections to ad hoc networks. Edit: this is on a Sprint TP2 with stock 6.5.

Last edited:

richard98

Mar 5, 2010

u2rock

Mar 12, 2010
I've download this cab yesterday on my Touch Pro 2 (Sprint). I installed on my SD card and I don't see icon for it. How do I turn it ON? I used WMwifirouter in the past. Thanks

RoryB

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 4, 2008
Lexington
I've download this cab yesterday on my Touch Pro 2 (Sprint). I installed on my SD card and I don't see icon for it. How do I turn it ON? I used WMwifirouter in the past. Thanks
Oh please! Read the second post on this thread. The second question in FAQ answers this. You might want to read all of them and scan over the whole thread to get a feel what has been discussed. Then there is always search too.

RoryB

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 4, 2008
Lexington
How do I setup ID for router and WEP? so it will be easy to search on my PC.
When you go into settings/connections and select "wifi Internet" the menu opens. Under "set up router" is the said name you can define and the wep key value. For testing you could leave it the same or change the name to something simpler. I think the pc needs to search for adhoc connections. Try that and if it does not work try searching this thread about adhoc or connection.

scott8813

Jan 8, 2008

michaelviner

May 1, 2010
Good to see you got it connected. Was it with your A7 ? Did you have to uninstall the XDA wifi Sharing app first ? When I installed this version of wmwifirouter, my computers are still seeing XDA wifi sharing even after I uninstalled it.

campvaz

Dec 5, 2009
hello guys,

i'm back on my samsung sch-i760(wm 6.1).

i could never get wifi internet sharing(turn it into a hotspot) to work properly using wmwifirouter.

are there programs that people have successfully used with this phone? i already use "ics" to tether via usb.

i tried searching and this is the only thread i could find regarding it. i read the opening post but it doesn't state if the sch-i760 works or not.

thank you

michaelviner

May 1, 2010
Have you tried XDA wifi sharing on the front page ? I believe it is different from wmwifirouter and its free. It works well on my sprint touch pro 2. I have been able to tether with every piece of hardware except my android tablet (elocity A7) which is what started me asking questions on this forum. The wifi sharing program uses a basic wep encryption format but android has a tough time with the encryption and likes an open format. Give it a try. I know in the past Ive had to make some registry edits to get things working for certain internet sharing. What phone provider do you have ?

I tried the free version of wmwifirouter above, which I believe creates an open connection, but my hardware is not recognizing the wmwifirouter signal. Im wondering if the free xda wifi sharing application is creating a conflict with it somewhere.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did anyone know that this app works for HTC Evo for sprint its amazing!

No, because the Evo is running Android. This is a Windows Mobile app. Wireless tether works on the Evo and accomplishes the same thing. Actually more since you can connect multiple clients at once and it runs in router mode.