[APP] HTC Facebook Chat (salsa's) for EVO 3D

Search This thread

aalopez10

Sep 21, 2009
http://www.newmobileproduct.com/wp-...05/Smartphone-HTC-Salsa-Product-Details-4.jpg
http://www.newmobileproduct.com/wp-...05/Smartphone-HTC-Salsa-Product-Details-2.jpg

Haven't seen to many people trying to port this or give any attention but I did and here u have it,

Finally after playing around with this applications , I got the built in HTC Facebook chat that's its included on HTC salsa phone , got this version to work cuz on the screen size , but there is still some small little stuff with screen size issue (try to make it work for the original EVO but it requireds HTC sense 3.0 To work )

It's a nice addon to the phone,
NO MORE 3RD PARTY APPS FOR FACEBOOK CHAT :-D
( don't know why HTC doesn't include this on all HTC phones )

I'M RUNNING VIRUS SYNERGY ROM, HAVEN'T TESTED ON ANY OTHER ROMS BUT PLEASE REPORT IT.

What's working and the goods :

HTC Facebook widget :
44c76ed7-e6c1-901a.jpg

Facebook chat list:
44c76ed7-e6cb-4735.jpg

Notifications:
44c76ed7-e6d9-0c2b.jpg

It works perfectly with friendstream and contacts.

***because this application checks if u have a salsa or chacha HTC Facebook phone , I got it to pass by that without checking it but when u download the applications below its going to show u as a salsa phone when u agree n give access on the Facebook plugin so don't worry just give access to it in order it to work.

Instructions:
-please make sure u download all three applications and make sure u are sign out on ur Android Facebook app when u updated it, sign in first and give access to the new salsa plugin that's required.
- once u download all three applications go back to home screen cuz now on ur applications u should see a new Facebook chat application icon, click on it and just give it time to load , after that enjoy n test it out it.

****** the send button is small because of the screen size the 3d uses , and the Facebook coversation box might b a little overlap , maybe someone who knows how to edit the image files on the apk can play with the size n fix it cuz I don't have to much time in my hands anymore but i got it this far, so enjoy it *********

**ALSO I REPEAT AGAIN MAKE SURE UR LOGOUT FROM UR FACEBOOK ANDROID APP CUZ IF UR NOT IT'S NOT GOING TO ALLOWED U TO ADD ANOTHER ACCOUNT.

*****UPDATE 8/8
IT SEEMS TO MESSED UP BOTH FRIENDSTREAM WIDGET N SYNC AFTER U REPLACE THE EXISTING FACEBOOK , I'M LOOKING IT TO IT, BUT IT STILL ALLOWS U TO SYNC FROM THE STOCK FACEBOOK ANDROID APP,
SO DOWNLOAD IT ON AT UR OWN RISK UNTIL THE ISSUE IT'S SOLVE.

Original HTC Sense Facebook apk, if ur friendstream etc get messed up and wants to get it back to normal.
http://db.tt/hCFT42T

ALT Download link :
http://www.4shared.com/file/JGhXc411/HTC_Facebook_chat.html
(Extra zip and download applications like any normal app)

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

Attachments

• HtcFacebook.apk
    494.4 KB · Views: 1,343
  • HtcFacebookChat.apk
    578.5 KB · Views: 1,418
  • HtcFacebookChatWidget.apk
    108.8 KB · Views: 1,223
Last edited:

jaycee316

Jan 3, 2009
for some reason it does that to most downloads i've tried on the android browser, try downloading it with Dolphin, Skyfire or any 3rd party browser. If it's worth the effort i mean. ;)

MiKA7

Nov 28, 2008
Just renamed it to xxxx.zip and it can unzip it with no issues.. haven't installed it yet though..

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA Premium App

aalopez10

Sep 21, 2009
Stock browser doesn't allow to download on most of this file sharing websites , make sure also to have a app like astro downloaded first before u try to download a zip file directly from the phone browser. Or use another browser , sorry guys b home soon n upload the apks directly.

aalopez10

Sep 21, 2009
Downloaded, installed all 3. Won't let me sign in. Says to add account. But on the "add account" screen its blank. No options at all..... Hhmmm...

Are We Not Phones?
We are EVO.
ARE WE NOT PHONES?!
3DEVO!

Did u first download the "Facebook app" and sign in make sure u have the original Facebook Android app install also, cuz that Facebook apk will replace it n than install HTC FACEBOOK CHAT N THAN THE HTC CHAT WIDGET.

Not sure what ROM ur running but i install it perfectly , even test it back n fourth to make sure it works

felacio

Apr 16, 2007
Fayetteville
www.idle-handz.com
Did u first download the "Facebook app" and sign in make sure u have the original Facebook Android app install also.

Not sure what ROM ur running but i install it perfectly , even test it back n fourth to make sure it works

Oh. That's it. I don't ha e the regular app installed. Hate it.
Hmm. Will install and see.

Are We Not Phones?
We are EVO.
ARE WE NOT PHONES?!
3DEVO!

anti-up

Aug 26, 2010
I have the regular Facebook app installed but when installing these 3 files the widget and the chat apk will not install for some reason....thanks anyway

SHOTS FIRED!!! From 3 Dimensions!

aalopez10

Sep 21, 2009
after installing this i cannot have htc facebook for sense working o_O
what i can do???

Thanks for the heads up forgot to put that on my post to backup ur HTC FACEBOOK app. I'll post the stock Facebook app on the first post when I get a chance.

aalopez10

Sep 21, 2009
Everything works for me, but it doesn't look to good since the dimensions are messed up.

Yea sucks that the EVO 3d uses a very customize size on the stock ROM, haven't had time but if someone could grab the apk n edit the files it will b nice won't be around for a while so whenever I do get back on my laptop I mess wit it , just wanted to share that it work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://www.newmobileproduct.com/wp-...05/Smartphone-HTC-Salsa-Product-Details-4.jpg
    http://www.newmobileproduct.com/wp-...05/Smartphone-HTC-Salsa-Product-Details-2.jpg

Haven't seen to many people trying to port this or give any attention but I did and here u have it,

Finally after playing around with this applications , I got the built in HTC Facebook chat that's its included on HTC salsa phone , got this version to work cuz on the screen size , but there is still some small little stuff with screen size issue (try to make it work for the original EVO but it requireds HTC sense 3.0 To work )

It's a nice addon to the phone,
    NO MORE 3RD PARTY APPS FOR FACEBOOK CHAT :-D
    ( don't know why HTC doesn't include this on all HTC phones )

I'M RUNNING VIRUS SYNERGY ROM, HAVEN'T TESTED ON ANY OTHER ROMS BUT PLEASE REPORT IT.

What's working and the goods :

HTC Facebook widget :
    44c76ed7-e6c1-901a.jpg

Facebook chat list:
    44c76ed7-e6cb-4735.jpg

Notifications:
    44c76ed7-e6d9-0c2b.jpg

It works perfectly with friendstream and contacts.

***because this application checks if u have a salsa or chacha HTC Facebook phone , I got it to pass by that without checking it but when u download the applications below its going to show u as a salsa phone when u agree n give access on the Facebook plugin so don't worry just give access to it in order it to work.

Instructions:
    -please make sure u download all three applications and make sure u are sign out on ur Android Facebook app when u updated it, sign in first and give access to the new salsa plugin that's required.
    - once u download all three applications go back to home screen cuz now on ur applications u should see a new Facebook chat application icon, click on it and just give it time to load , after that enjoy n test it out it.

****** the send button is small because of the screen size the 3d uses , and the Facebook coversation box might b a little overlap , maybe someone who knows how to edit the image files on the apk can play with the size n fix it cuz I don't have to much time in my hands anymore but i got it this far, so enjoy it *********

**ALSO I REPEAT AGAIN MAKE SURE UR LOGOUT FROM UR FACEBOOK ANDROID APP CUZ IF UR NOT IT'S NOT GOING TO ALLOWED U TO ADD ANOTHER ACCOUNT.

*****UPDATE 8/8
    IT SEEMS TO MESSED UP BOTH FRIENDSTREAM WIDGET N SYNC AFTER U REPLACE THE EXISTING FACEBOOK , I'M LOOKING IT TO IT, BUT IT STILL ALLOWS U TO SYNC FROM THE STOCK FACEBOOK ANDROID APP,
    SO DOWNLOAD IT ON AT UR OWN RISK UNTIL THE ISSUE IT'S SOLVE.

Original HTC Sense Facebook apk, if ur friendstream etc get messed up and wants to get it back to normal.
    http://db.tt/hCFT42T

ALT Download link :
    http://www.4shared.com/file/JGhXc411/HTC_Facebook_chat.html
    (Extra zip and download applications like any normal app)