• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP] hTorch v3.2 | using camera LED as flashlight [updated: 2008-11-20]

Search This thread

pyraxiate

Jun 24, 2007
Baltimore
I love the app! I just wish there was a way to assign the the PTT key on the fuze to push and hold to enable the LED. Any way to make this app do that? =D

(for example, push and hold the PTT Button to make the light turn on but you must hold the button in. As soon as you release, the LED would go off )

Solidus_k

Jan 21, 2008
This app is great I just notice one bug, sorry if this has been discussed but when Im using the "bright mode" the led make like intermitent turns off and on like in intervals of 1 sec, is this normal? in the normal mode its just fine.

Thanks for your answers.

blywong

Nov 22, 2008
The bright mode doesn't work after ROM version upgraded. Any idea?

Sony Ericsson Xperia X1
Rom Version: R3AA007

TobyGadd

Dec 15, 2008
Which ROM are you running? I just loaded the recent Fuze ROM update from HTC, and the light seems to work fine. Both "normal" and "bright" work.

TeleFragger

Jan 30, 2008
Williamstown
I got a guy at work into this site and flashing his phone... he was using the flashlight.exe which i am using on my mogul....

well he found this htorch in one of the roms.. now he flashed to different things but installed the 3.2 and loves it....

so he just told me about it and I just installed it on my mogul... WORKS FRICKEN GREAT!!!! however my screen is different than his..

I am running SPB Mobile Shell 3 but none the less....

If I go to programs I have accessories... and in there is the htorch
launch it and I only get 1 light bulb... no power button or others like he does..

is that because my flash may not support different levels?

Attachments

• htorch.jpg
    htorch.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 19

NetRipper

Feb 27, 2006
's-Gravendeel
www.netripper.nl
I got a guy at work into this site and flashing his phone... he was using the flashlight.exe which i am using on my mogul....

well he found this htorch in one of the roms.. now he flashed to different things but installed the 3.2 and loves it....

so he just told me about it and I just installed it on my mogul... WORKS FRICKEN GREAT!!!! however my screen is different than his..

I am running SPB Mobile Shell 3 but none the less....

If I go to programs I have accessories... and in there is the htorch
launch it and I only get 1 light bulb... no power button or others like he does..

is that because my flash may not support different levels?
The mogul (Titan) has a 240x320 (QVGA) screen instead of 480x640 (VGA). hTorch was made specifically for VGA, which is why you only see the top left of what your colleague sees.

The developer must specifically add support for this.

It's pretty nice that it actually works on your phone, though. :)

huleeyo

Oct 18, 2008
Wow! Thank you very much. 99% on a Touch Pro CDMA.

A little bug:
When the lamp is in full brightness and push the turn off button the lamp intensity decrase to medium brightness, don't turn off.

xmr3d

Mar 27, 2009
White Background Option Please

Hi
Thanks Work well on my Xperia
however i know bright light button is not working because Xperia will get hot
Actually I am a little afraid to keep flash light On for a while.
therefor I switch it off for a few seconds then turn On again.
Well, When I turn it off, Everywhere goes Dark.
I suggest add a new Option to change Background color to White.
This way our cellphone produce more Light
from both Flashlight and LCD

Spir4

Dec 10, 2008
Hi,

Excellent application, I'm a huge fan of it !!

One question tho: I also use the app to turn of the screen quite a lot (for example when it's connected with my pc for a prolonged time as a mass storage device). But when the app is launched, it automatically enables the LED, even when I don't need it. Is there a way to configure the app so it starts up without activating the LED ?

Thanks !

Jdilla

Nov 30, 2008
San Francisco

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

hTorch is a small application with a graphical user interface that enables you to use your Touch Pro as flashlight.

hTorch is built for the HTC Raphael (aka HTC Touch Pro) and has only been tested on this device. It probably works on all other devices with a build-in LED as well but since I can't tell if those devices are heat sinked please be very careful! PLEASE NOTE: Use this application at your own risk! I’ve done as much testing as possible, and will try to fix every bug which will be reported but it's my first Windows Mobile application and I can not guarantee that it is free of bugs. NetRipper deserves most of the credit because my application uses his TorchButtonLibrary v1.0 to control the LED itself.

Usage:

The program installs itself into "%ProgramFiles%\hTorch" and also creates a shortcut into %StartMenu%\Programs\Accessories. The further usage is as simple as possible. Start hTorch using the shortcut. On program start the LED will automatically be turned on and you will see the programs main screen.
    On the main screen you can:

• enable and disable the standard LED mode using the upper left bulb button.
    • enable and disable the bright LED mode using the upper right bulb button.
    • disable the display using the lower left button (The display can be turned on again using the power button)
    • exit the application using the lower right button.
    • enable and disable the standard LED mode using the D-Pad Action hardware button.
    • enable and disable the bright LED mode using the D-Pad UP hardware button.
    • disable the display using the D-Pad DOWN hardware button.

PLEASE NOTE: The flashlight will stay on forever - there is no timeout programmed. So the only timeout is the capacity of your battery. Burning the LED should not be very likely as this posting explains but please take care anyway. Please also note that the LED can not be left turned on while the device is in standby. So if you want to use the torch for an extended period please use the display off button but be aware that the hardware buttons will still function!
    pRequirements:

Version History:
    v3.2:
    • Added AppToDate support.
    • Some minor code optimizations.
    v3.1:
    • Fixed several minor bugs
    • Fixed one huge bug preventing the device from standby even after hTorch was already closed.
    • Added a special error handling in case a user terminated hTorch instead of using the quit-button.
    v3.0 (unreleased private beta):

• Source again completely rewritten. I'm now using the TorchButtonLib v1.0 to control the LED. Which now also means that hTorch and TorchButton can be installed at the same time.
    • Action button mapped with LED on/off function.
    • "UP"-button mapped with LED bright on/off function.
    • "DOWN"-button mapped with build-in display off function (display can be turned on using the power button).
    • Changed right softkey to menu with sub menu items: "Quit", "Bright LED On/Off", "Display Off", "About".
    • Changed normal LED on/off button. (Artwork was done by obsidian73 - Thank You!)
    • Added bright LED on/off button. (Artwork was done by obsidian73 - Thank You!)
    • Added display off button. (Artwork was done by obsidian73 - Thank You!)
    • Changed the program window not to maximize (so that now the status bar is visible).
    • Added function to prevent ideling into standby (AndyZap - Once again thank you for your help!)

v2.2:
    • Updated TorchButton to v1.2 which enlarged the maximum timeout from 300 seconds to 86400 seconds (a day) - Thank you NetRipper!
    v2.1:
    • Completely replaced all graphics to give the program a much more professional look and feel. (Artwork was done by obsidian73 - Thank You!)
    • Replaced the exe-file icon with a more diamond-like one
    v2.0 (unreleased private beta):
    • Completely rewritten source so that hTorch can now detect the LED state
    • Tightened the program as much as possible (exe-file lost about a bit more than 25% of its size)
    • Automatically turn off the LED on program exit
    • Changed auto-off timer to 5 minutes (hard coded)
    • Added SoftKey functions
    • Added About Dialog
    v1.1:
    • Fixed Bug when installing to Storage Card
    • Start LED on program start
    v1.0b:
    • Initial version
    On the picture you can see the programs
    main screen with usage information:

torchbuttonv31usagery7.png

Downloads so far (counting since v3.2):
    counter.png

AppToDate Users:
    counter.png.php

Do you like my work? Please consider donating:

Thank you for your support!

Thank you for your donations: snake_be, del4, rjmjr69, unknown_07.01.2009, unknown_12.01.2009, Fantedon - THANK YOU!