[APP] hTorch v3.2 | using camera LED as flashlight [updated: 2008-11-20]

Search This thread

pckshd

Dec 30, 2008
Not working on HD2. Throws an error saying cannot find the camera dll. Hope you can fix it.

Pooper

Apr 13, 2006
HD2 user here - but I get an error saying:

hTorch.exe
NotSupportedException
System.Drawing.Bitmap

:(

phalkon30

Aug 23, 2009
Works great on my Touch Pro CDMA with NFSFAN's 1.04 rom. It should be a default program in all ROM's, it's so professional, fast, and it just works!

micheleiacopo

May 7, 2010
Pisa
hi everyone,
i installed the htorch 3.2 but the bright mode doesn't work :( . the normal one goes good. i have an xperia with stock rom. can someone help me?! sorry for my english! thanks for the app.

Last edited:
Works well enough on Xperia X1. No bright light though but don't need it actually I was able to do anything i needed with the normal light.

One question though: i can't find a stand-alone app that would do this so is it possible to make a link from outside the program (like hTorch.exe <parameters>) to access the "turn-off screen" feature -without turning on the led?

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

hTorch is a small application with a graphical user interface that enables you to use your Touch Pro as flashlight.

hTorch is built for the HTC Raphael (aka HTC Touch Pro) and has only been tested on this device. It probably works on all other devices with a build-in LED as well but since I can't tell if those devices are heat sinked please be very careful! PLEASE NOTE: Use this application at your own risk! I’ve done as much testing as possible, and will try to fix every bug which will be reported but it's my first Windows Mobile application and I can not guarantee that it is free of bugs. NetRipper deserves most of the credit because my application uses his TorchButtonLibrary v1.0 to control the LED itself.

Usage:

The program installs itself into "%ProgramFiles%\hTorch" and also creates a shortcut into %StartMenu%\Programs\Accessories. The further usage is as simple as possible. Start hTorch using the shortcut. On program start the LED will automatically be turned on and you will see the programs main screen.
    On the main screen you can:

• enable and disable the standard LED mode using the upper left bulb button.
    • enable and disable the bright LED mode using the upper right bulb button.
    • disable the display using the lower left button (The display can be turned on again using the power button)
    • exit the application using the lower right button.
    • enable and disable the standard LED mode using the D-Pad Action hardware button.
    • enable and disable the bright LED mode using the D-Pad UP hardware button.
    • disable the display using the D-Pad DOWN hardware button.

PLEASE NOTE: The flashlight will stay on forever - there is no timeout programmed. So the only timeout is the capacity of your battery. Burning the LED should not be very likely as this posting explains but please take care anyway. Please also note that the LED can not be left turned on while the device is in standby. So if you want to use the torch for an extended period please use the display off button but be aware that the hardware buttons will still function!
    pRequirements:

Version History:
    v3.2:
    • Added AppToDate support.
    • Some minor code optimizations.
    v3.1:
    • Fixed several minor bugs
    • Fixed one huge bug preventing the device from standby even after hTorch was already closed.
    • Added a special error handling in case a user terminated hTorch instead of using the quit-button.
    v3.0 (unreleased private beta):

• Source again completely rewritten. I'm now using the TorchButtonLib v1.0 to control the LED. Which now also means that hTorch and TorchButton can be installed at the same time.
    • Action button mapped with LED on/off function.
    • "UP"-button mapped with LED bright on/off function.
    • "DOWN"-button mapped with build-in display off function (display can be turned on using the power button).
    • Changed right softkey to menu with sub menu items: "Quit", "Bright LED On/Off", "Display Off", "About".
    • Changed normal LED on/off button. (Artwork was done by obsidian73 - Thank You!)
    • Added bright LED on/off button. (Artwork was done by obsidian73 - Thank You!)
    • Added display off button. (Artwork was done by obsidian73 - Thank You!)
    • Changed the program window not to maximize (so that now the status bar is visible).
    • Added function to prevent ideling into standby (AndyZap - Once again thank you for your help!)

v2.2:
    • Updated TorchButton to v1.2 which enlarged the maximum timeout from 300 seconds to 86400 seconds (a day) - Thank you NetRipper!
    v2.1:
    • Completely replaced all graphics to give the program a much more professional look and feel. (Artwork was done by obsidian73 - Thank You!)
    • Replaced the exe-file icon with a more diamond-like one
    v2.0 (unreleased private beta):
    • Completely rewritten source so that hTorch can now detect the LED state
    • Tightened the program as much as possible (exe-file lost about a bit more than 25% of its size)
    • Automatically turn off the LED on program exit
    • Changed auto-off timer to 5 minutes (hard coded)
    • Added SoftKey functions
    • Added About Dialog
    v1.1:
    • Fixed Bug when installing to Storage Card
    • Start LED on program start
    v1.0b:
    • Initial version
    On the picture you can see the programs
    main screen with usage information:

torchbuttonv31usagery7.png

Downloads so far (counting since v3.2):
    counter.png

AppToDate Users:
    counter.png.php

Do you like my work? Please consider donating:

Thank you for your support!

Thank you for your donations: snake_be, del4, rjmjr69, unknown_07.01.2009, unknown_12.01.2009, Fantedon - THANK YOU!