[APP][ICS/JB] GMD SPen Control (root)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

StupidIdea

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2011
This application allows to created custom S Pen gestures for rooted Galaxy Note devices.

Play Store: MOD EDIT: Link removed

Supported devices: Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy Note 8, Galaxy Note 10.1

Application has a lot of built in actions like previous/next application, LaunchPad, recent applications, Home, Back, music control, screen off, power menu and a lot more. It also allows to start any application or shortcut including Tasker tasks.

Features:
* Custom SPen gestures
* Supported gestures with button pressed and without button press.
* Custom path, hold and tap gestures
* Different actions can be assigned for gestures that start from different starting zone
* A lot of custom actions
* LaunchPad
* Start any application or shortcut including Tasker tasks

2013-02-02-23-25-16.png

Development version:
4.1.0:
- Added option to unlock device on S Pen detach.
- New icon (thanks Toni for submitting new icon)
- Added Multi Window support.
- Fixed: screen off on spen attach would turn screen on if it was off already.

4.0.0:
- Revamped user interface.
- Added action on S Pen detach/attach (all firmwares).
- New action: screenshot (Samsung firmware only).
- New default gestures: Menu, Screenshot, S Note, Disable finger touch.
- Fixed 'tap' gestures.

Development versions now expire in 2 days. Uninstall and do fresh install if you need more time to evaluate it.

Last edited by a moderator:

vingar

Mar 24, 2012
I am the first beta tester!
You are the number one.
With your programs my note is wonderful!
Thank you big man

Oh my God... this app is amazing!
Inviato dal mio GT-N7000 con Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: StupidIdea

StupidIdea

Jun 24, 2011
Would this work with CM10 and Paranoid builds ??
Thanks for this man.:good:

Yes it should work with any stock/custom ICS/JB ROM.

First question - will this have any conflicts of problems running at the same time as GMD normal?

No conflicts. It is separate application reading different events. I just reused UI and some code, that why they look familiar :eek:

Sounds really cool.
Reckon you can add spen calibration like touchscreen tune?

No, this is different "layer".

--------------

Question1:
Is it possible to turn off default Samsung gestures in settings?

Question2:
I tried to avoid conflicts with default Samsung gestures, but I'm interested to hear suggestions about default gestures that I should add.

Last edited:

StupidIdea

Jun 24, 2011
Got confirmation that it works on Note2 and Note 10.1 too. I will update calibration values for these devices, so borders are detected properly.

Reactions: greatkind

StupidIdea

Jun 24, 2011
Update:
* Added correct default calibration for all devices: Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy Note 10.1

Can anyone confirm it is working (do fresh install) ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocheau

Rocheau

May 1, 2006
Wonderful ! A very customizable app. It have everything you need to launch any app or setting from any gesture . Thanks

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

q426669

Sep 25, 2007
Chicago
Default Calibration is fine on my T-Mobile Note II - all gestures worked.

I do have one issue - I can't turn off the built in gestures, specifically the one that opens quick command. It's a straight line up, and so the bottom bar and the home gestures don't work well for me. Obviously I just disabled them and made my own for the same actions. Really wish I could turn off my quick command. Might try freezing it in titanium.

I have not had any other conflicts with the built in S-Pen gestures.

Would love it if you integrated this into your other app. I would pay $5 for that in a heart beat. I'm not too sure about buying and running both, especially if I have to configure the launch pads for each.

However, I'll be buying this as soon as it shows up on the play store, and I'll test it with the light version of the other and see how I like it. Really hope I can do a 4-5 finger pinch to close/home. (Stupid Bejeweled only being on the iPad >.< [new version at least.])

Edit: The more I play with it, the more I run into the system gestures recognizing off of other gestures. Any logs or info I can provide lemmie know :)

Last edited:

StupidIdea

Jun 24, 2011
Default Calibration is fine on my T-Mobile Note II - all gestures worked.

I do have one issue - I can't turn off the built in gestures, specifically the one that opens quick command. It's a straight line up, and so the bottom bar and the home gestures don't work well for me. Obviously I just disabled them and made my own for the same actions. Really wish I could turn off my quick command. Might try freezing it in titanium.

I have not had any other conflicts with the built in S-Pen gestures.

Would love it if you integrated this into your other app. I would pay $5 for that in a heart beat. I'm not too sure about buying and running both, especially if I have to configure the launch pads for each.

However, I'll be buying this as soon as it shows up on the play store, and I'll test it with the light version of the other and see how I like it. Really hope I can do a 4-5 finger pinch to close/home. (Stupid Bejeweled only being on the iPad >.< [new version at least.])

Edit: The more I play with it, the more I run into the system gestures recognizing off of other gestures. Any logs or info I can provide lemmie know :)

1. Samsung gestures - I'm new to Note, but looks like there is no way to turn them off in UI. Samsung recognition implementation is quite bad and it triggers gestures with high error threshold (like drawing L would trigger 'Back'). I will see if I can disable them on root level and add an option if possible, however I don't expect to be able to disable Samsung gestures one by one. Probably all or nothing.

2. There is no benefit joining GestureControl and SPen Control - while they look similar they contain different implementation and there would be no benefit from optimization points. I still would need to read from different drivers and parse separate events. There are plenty of reasons to make them separate:
* SPen is just for Note devices, so other GestureControl users don't have to suffer from increased application size or updates that only relate to SPen. On the other hand some Note users might want SPen control only.
* Settings split - in some case "same" setting should have different values for these applications. Applications have different gestures. If you only need SPenControl, you would still need to deal with GestureControl settings, etc.
* They can run both alongside, there is no drawbacks to it.
* In upcoming releases I will expose all actions (including LaunchPads) through shortcuts api, so it will be possible to trigger GestureControl LaunchPad from SPen Control and vice verse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This application allows to created custom S Pen gestures for rooted Galaxy Note devices.

Play Store: MOD EDIT: Link removed

Supported devices: Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy Note 8, Galaxy Note 10.1

Application has a lot of built in actions like previous/next application, LaunchPad, recent applications, Home, Back, music control, screen off, power menu and a lot more. It also allows to start any application or shortcut including Tasker tasks.

Features:
    * Custom SPen gestures
    * Supported gestures with button pressed and without button press.
    * Custom path, hold and tap gestures
    * Different actions can be assigned for gestures that start from different starting zone
    * A lot of custom actions
    * LaunchPad
    * Start any application or shortcut including Tasker tasks

2013-02-02-23-25-16.png

Development version:
    4.1.0:
    - Added option to unlock device on S Pen detach.
    - New icon (thanks Toni for submitting new icon)
    - Added Multi Window support.
    - Fixed: screen off on spen attach would turn screen on if it was off already.

4.0.0:
    - Revamped user interface.
    - Added action on S Pen detach/attach (all firmwares).
    - New action: screenshot (Samsung firmware only).
    - New default gestures: Menu, Screenshot, S Note, Disable finger touch.
    - Fixed 'tap' gestures.

Development versions now expire in 2 days. Uninstall and do fresh install if you need more time to evaluate it.
    F.A.Q:

1. Will this work with any stock or custom ROM?
    Yes

2. Can it be used together with GMD GestureControl
    Yes, it is separate application.
    New version:
    5.4.4:
    - KitKat support.
    - SPen detach/attach detection fixed for Note3.
    - Kill app action now removes app from recent apps list.
    - Various other fixes.
    New version 2.1.0

Updated Google Play and XDA versions to
    2.1.0:
    - Organized actions into groups.
    - New "toggle" actions: Screen Rotation, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Sound.
    - New "browser" actions: Page Top, Page End, Page Up, Page Down.
    - New setting: Vibration strength.
    - Fixed: screenshots in recent application list.

If anyone was still having Install button disabled, that should be fixed too.

Hi to all, I've purchased this program from the market, I hope that will support the developer, this is the kind of app that I'm waiting to jump into CM and leave the stock Rom...
    Only one question: how can I do a screenshot? I'm in Paranoid 2.55...
    Thanks to all,
    Mauro.

I haven't added such action yet, but I plan adding it in the future. For now you can do it with workaround:
    1) Install some screenshot app that allows to do screenshot with Search (long press), for example: aScreenshot
    2) Create gesture for Action->Keyboard and button->Search (long press)
    3) You have to disable gesture toasts in Settings or you will get gesture toast in screenshot :eek:
    Things are going well. I already have working version with graphical gestures, but I want to test it for a day or two then I might post some preview version. Engine still need some tweaking, but I hope to finish it during weekend :fingers-crossed:.

I decided to leave both options for now. I think I found a good solution and both gestures can coexist and don't conflict. This way users can take their time to recreate graphical gestures instead of swipe gestures.

Zoom need separate investigation. At the moment I'm not even sure what is possible to achieve in this area.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone