• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP] Instagram for Android - Apk

Search This thread

jenniferlg62

Apr 4, 2012
Asus Prime TF201, Just sayin'

Hi All,

Noob here & I know this is a Galaxy 3 forum, but I was lead here by a link regarding trying a version of Instagram that might work on my Prime. I installed the version linked to here yesterday @ box & it installed fine. (Btw, I got the firmware update last night/this morning so tweeks are applied, as far as I know.) Instagram started just fine. I'd never used it before, I registered, took a profile pic, picked some contacts to follow & everything was great. I could like others' pics no problem. I tried to upload one I took myself & then apply filters like others said they had problems with & it didn't FC & I didn't get a "Wait" dialogue, but it didn't work properly. It seemed to switch to front camera fine, took pic, switched to frame to load filters with some showing, but mostly just a black screen...and then back to my Instagram Home screen I believe it was. No way to apply filters & photo didn't save, tried it twice, both with front camera, both same result.

Hope this helps,
Jennifer

bioniclizard

Sep 18, 2010
Hi All,

Noob here & I know this is a Galaxy 3 forum, but I was lead here by a link regarding trying a version of Instagram that might work on my Prime. I installed the version linked to here yesterday @ box & it installed fine. (Btw, I got the firmware update last night/this morning so tweeks are applied, as far as I know.) Instagram started just fine. I'd never used it before, I registered, took a profile pic, picked some contacts to follow & everything was great. I could like others' pics no problem. I tried to upload one I took myself & then apply filters like others said they had problems with & it didn't FC & I didn't get a "Wait" dialogue, but it didn't work properly. It seemed to switch to front camera fine, took pic, switched to frame to load filters with some showing, but mostly just a black screen...and then back to my Instagram Home screen I believe it was. No way to apply filters & photo didn't save, tried it twice, both with front camera, both same result.

Hope this helps,
Jennifer

After updating to 1.0.1 on my Galaxy 3 it also returns to the home screen after cropping the picture for editing, and then force closes. It may be incompatible with your device as well.

Sent from my GT-I5800 using XDA

reddead66

Feb 10, 2011
i don't why people are facing issues....
i am still on 1.0 version and its running totally fine...theres only a bug in brightness.....
i tried on JPU and CM7A7 and it ran fine on both.......

gonzalomorenorovetto

Apr 18, 2010
Santiago
In Kyrillo's ROM v10 Instagram 1.0.0 has problems rendering the preview image, but still works, using internal app camera or the default phone camera app.
downloading now 1.0.1 to see if works better

bioniclizard

Sep 18, 2010
i don't why people are facing issues....
i am still on 1.0 version and its running totally fine...theres only a bug in brightness.....
i tried on JPU and CM7A7 and it ran fine on both.......

As I said before, I think problems are due to OpenFIMG, so you'll only face them on CM7 alpha 8 or ICS roms.

ptcc

Apr 4, 2012
São João da Madeira
It allways crashes with a Force Close for me too, but in my case, it goes fine and applies the effects. It crashes when i press the button to upload...
I have the Zeus v6 rom on a LG OB.

Senorclean

Jul 18, 2010
Thanks for this - saves me the effort of dumping it off my SGS!

Seems to work well on my tf101 - browsing other people's photos is very nice on the tab.

I noticed there was an update this morning (already) - I'll dump it tonight if I get a chance after work.

suhaibroomy

Mar 28, 2011
New Delhi
to download the latest version...
.open market on your pc nd diwnload it frm dere.....it shows compatible to sg3 dere....neways fc for me on a8

c0d3w4lk3r

Feb 25, 2010
Doesn't seem to be working on TF201. After cropping it goes back to the previous activity. No FC however...

diegoalmeida

Apr 4, 2012
I downgraded from kyrillos 10 to kyrillos 9.5 and installed the 1.0.1 version of the instagram and it's working fine, just kind of slow, specially slow to load the filters in the photos, but that's it.

Top Liked Posts