General App installation time in samsung

Search This thread
That is not the case with the s21. There are plenty of videos showing the exynos next to a snap and the speeds are the same.

Especially with the updates of the last months these speed issues are cleared out.

The guy having slower installations could be due to a 100 reasons and he has not specified enough info to rule in any conclusion.

I have Xiaomi Mi11 (SD888) and UK S21 Ultra (Exynos) and I can CONFIRM the Mi11 is at least 40% faster at recovering and installing 100 apps from a Gloud backup. Samsung and/or Exynos is repeatedly slower at app installation than Xiaomi Mi11.

babyboy3265

Sep 20, 2012
Jupiter
I have Xiaomi Mi11 (SD888) and UK S21 Ultra (Exynos) and I can CONFIRM the Mi11 is at least 40% faster at recovering and installing 100 apps from a Gloud backup. Samsung and/or Exynos is repeatedly slower at app installation than Xiaomi Mi11.
The issue got further clarified. It has nothing to do with the CPU in this case. It is the software that slows down the installs.

Reactions: ione2380

lywyn

Jul 19, 2010
Was that with the malware scanner on or off in the device care service?

lywyn

Jul 19, 2010
It's got nothing to do with the malware scanner. You just don't get it, do you? You post the same bull***t over and over. It's just the way oneUI handles app instalation.

The OP has confirmed that the install speed improved by turning it off so why don't you get back under your bridge and leave the adults to discuss this.

ione2380

Oct 13, 2009
Brasov
The OP has confirmed that the install speed improved by turning it off so why don't you get back under your bridge and leave the adults to discuss this.
There you go again.🙂 A fanboy like you, wouldn't admit that something is wrong with his beloved phone, not even if it would explode in his pocket. Just like you don't want to admit the earth is not flat.

Badger50

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Whether or not your a Samsung Fan Boy

Fanboy.jpg

Or a Samsung Troll

Sammy troll.jpeg

Always keep things respectful. Cheers (y) :cool:

lywyn

Jul 19, 2010
This was during a google cloud restore immediately after initial setup, so all default settings apply (Google Play Protect on)

The difference in experience and runtime of the GCloud restore is like night and day between S21u and Mi11
If the malware scanner was on when you started the restore then it would severely impact the installation (restore of apps) through the play store. The malware scanner can make a 2 second install take as long as 16 seconds for some apps I tested. The malware scanner I refer to is in the Samsung Device Care service so it might not be on when you restored as it is an opt-in service, unless that was done on the initial setup before the restore started. If you do have it set on (Device Care -> Automation -> Auto scan for malware) I recommend turning it off to speed up installs.

frostnicko

Feb 8, 2015
Baku
Samsung Galaxy S21+
I am S21+ user. Malware Scanner and Play Protect is disabled.

But app installation time is slow to compare my old phone (Mi 10-SoC 865). Every UI have apk intstaller itself. Samsung UI or Exynos or APK installer is slow. It is fact. But extra 5-6 seconds not affect daily usage in my opinion.

ione2380

Oct 13, 2009
Brasov
@frostnicko, exactly my experience. Is not that important, 'cause updates are automatically installing in the background, but that doesn't mean it's not there. Yet there are some people here who are lying that their phone installs apps like Samsung browser in 2 seconds. Maybe Samsung made a special, custom phone just for them. Who knows?

aj7400

May 25, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I have seen androids quickly installing and uninstalling apps.
Samsung s21 ultra however takes atleast double the time and resources.

I am not much concerned about the time but resources.

Everytime i install or uninstall an app the whole device lags/slows down for like 2-3 seconds .
I have cleared the data of device protection to bring it to default setting ( turned off ). Now i am not sure whether the malware scanner is turned off or on by default.
But the installation speed is still the same

Reactions: christophe.gouss

ione2380

Oct 13, 2009
Brasov

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XDA...now where first world problems seem to have overtaken the forums.

Unless you are in a warzone or the apocalypse is literally on your doorstep...does a few seconds really matter. Agreed it takes a few seconds longer than some phones I've had....
    Side by side with my Huawei p30 pro, I updated Samsung browser. It took 5 seconds on Huawei and 12 seconds on my s21 ultra. I uninstalled the update and reinstall. The second time, Huawei still took 5 seconds, but the 21ultra went up to 15 seconds. The 3rd time, 16 seconds for Samsung, still 5 for Huawei.

Huawei p30 pro has a 7nm SoC that was launched in 2018 vs a 5nm 2021 SoC on Samsung. What a shame for Samsung.

This the only problem I have with Exynos phones. Samsung couldn't care less about optimising app instalation process.
    The Google Play services (under GMS) is responsible for installation, not Samsung. And you just said it was not the type of CPU but software with this statement "Samsung couldn't care less about optimising app instalation process". Also, you are comparing an android version 10 phone to 11, the new Google Play services now support app bundles, delivery optimisation, instant play and various other changes to the installation process.

And you do not even know if the phone is Exynos and you are already blaming it. Look an issue, must be Exynos! Did you compare an Exynos vs Snapdragon S21? No you compared apples to oranges and got Exynos is the problem.

Do want to know the real reason? The malware scanning device care (under automation) slows it down, if you turn this off it's a lot faster.

You anti-Exynos people are like anti-vaxxers, "Did someone say Exynos?! Did you know that it is the number one cause of climate change! It is also responsible for the new delta strain of Covid!!!!".
    I was wrong about Exynos being the problem. Seems like sd888 version of s21U has the same "issue", so it's a Samsung software problem in general. I compared installation speeds of Exynos 2100 vs sd888 and the Snapdragon is faster, but on a different phone, not on Samsung. I don't have acces to a sd888 Samsung phone. My bad.
    I have noticed that no matter what app it is , big in size like 500 mb + or small in size 5 mb , it takes multiple seconds to get installed.

It gets downloaded immediately and then it gets stuck in installing for about 7-8 seconds .

Did not used to happen on my iphone.
    Did not see this thing in any android as well .

What are your views?
    I've noticed this too, app install times are longer On my current Samsung than on my wife's 3 year old OnePlus 6. No question installation as well as updates are slower on my S21U.

This is obviously not a processor related problem alone, as the 2100 is obviously more capable than the SD845 found on the OP6. There are ample metrics to prove that.

So it boils down to software. I'm assuming it has something to do with OneUI and setting up the app to work with the UI, especially with all the scaling, split screen, app management etc that OneUI overlays on the underlying Android base. But this is only a guess, and I'm not bothered by it enough to go researching into it.

My final take on it: I don't spend enough time on the app installation screen (watching apps install and update), for these few seconds to bother me or impact my experience with the phone. In fact, after initial setup, there are very few new apps that I install on a daily basis for these extra seconds to add up and bother me. And updates occur in the background automatically when on Wi-Fi, so I'm not even aware of that.

If I were to sit and put two different phones side by side and compare app installation, I might be able to establish a difference. But will it change the way I use my phone? I don't think so.
    I have seen androids quickly installing and uninstalling apps.
    Samsung s21 ultra however takes atleast double the time and resources.

I am not much concerned about the time but resources.

Everytime i install or uninstall an app the whole device lags/slows down for like 2-3 seconds .
    I have cleared the data of device protection to bring it to default setting ( turned off ). Now i am not sure whether the malware scanner is turned off or on by default.
    But the installation speed is still the same