[APP] Intelli3G - 2G/3G/4G Toggle and battery saver for stock android

oroboros74

Jan 3, 2013
So I was mistaken... it *sorta* works on MIUI 8.

The service doesn't run automatically. What I notice is that on boot, I have to manually set it to the mode I want.

Would be nice to be able to have Data off automatically when on wifi mode and data on when using 3g/4g.

oroboros74

Jan 3, 2013
Supported network modes

WCDMA_PREF = 0; /* GSM/WCDMA (WCDMA preferred) */
GSM_ONLY = 1; /* GSM only */
WCDMA_ONLY = 2; /* WCDMA only */
GSM_UMTS = 3; /* GSM/WCDMA (auto mode, according to PRL) */
CDMA = 4; /* CDMA and EvDo (auto mode, according to PRL) */
CDMA_NO_EVDO = 5; /* CDMA only */
EVDO_NO_CDMA = 6; /* EvDo only */
GLOBAL = 7; /* GSM/WCDMA, CDMA, and EvDo (auto mode, according to PRL) */
LTE_CDMA_EVDO = 8; /* LTE, CDMA and EvDo */
LTE_GSM_WCDMA = 9; /* LTE, GSM/WCDMA */
LTE_CMDA_EVDO_GSM_WCDMA = 10; /* LTE, CDMA, EvDo, GSM/WCDMA */
LTE_ONLY = 11; /* LTE Only mode. */
LTE_WCDMA = 12; /* LTE/WCDMA */
When setting up automatic changes via Tasker, would you still keep Intelli3G app/services running in the background and set to start on boot? Or is this not necessary?

Wou85

Jun 13, 2017
slow mode with certain apps

May I suggest a feature?
Maybe it was proposed before, sorry, reading through 500 pages is just a bit too much :)

I'd be nice I slow mode could be triggered on by selected apps being in fullscreen. Maybe I'm watching a movie from my SD card, using offline navigation etc. and don't need to have the LTE connectivity for the whole time.

patrickdrd

Mar 24, 2015
I don't know if this app is a battery saver exactly because you pay the price of wakelocks and alarms (switch alarm) every time you open/unlock your phone and it makes sense, there's the overhead of switching each and every time,
also today I was missing notifications with 2g/edge, so I turned off the service and I'll see how it goes without

Last edited:

Hotdizzle

Jan 18, 2011
I saw that it has been asked, but I didn't find an answer. Will this method of switching to a slower network save battery on a CDMA network (Verizon/Sprint)? If so, can an option be added for EVDO only?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

suki300me

Jan 4, 2012
I have set it up to switch 4g when screen turns on and not to switch on a call. But this works only half the time. Sometimes it switches when a call is received while the screen is off. This immediately disconnects the call. SGS7 nougat

Reechings

Jan 22, 2012
Happy to have this app but I wish there was an option to automatically switch between slow and fast depending on signal strength. There is a threshold option for screen off but sometimes my LTE signal goes to no bars and doesn't switch to HSPA automatically when I am just using my phone. Any other similar apps out there?

Reactions: yazdes2012

laffreux99

Nov 25, 2015
Hello,

With me, this app works only in manual mode, the automatic change don't works - I'm on Nougat sdk 25 & xposed.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy J5 (6) using XDA Labs