• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[APP][JBED][UPDATE][run j2me app on android device]for gingerbread

Search This thread

Jaybezia

Jan 10, 2013
Help for physical controls

Hi, I have JBED installed (by flashing) on my rooted GT-S7500, I tried installing a game called 'Tower Wars 'Time Guardian'', to which i was able to do. However, when playing the game, it is impossible to use any controls for the game, I need a phone like keypad with a D-Pad and numbers 0-9 with # and * ... I tried using a combination of 'hackers keyboard' to keep my keyboard ever present, then recalling a free app called 'game pad', however this didn't have # or *, nor did the enter button let me proceed. I am able to get directional keys working, its just the confirm button I need to actually start the application.

I remember it used to be either # * or D-Pad Centre on my Nokia N95 when i used to play this...

Please any help!

DELDROID

Sep 27, 2010
Why the crazy permissions?

I really wanted to try this but unless there's a clear reason for the permissions, I'm going to have to avoid it. Read/send sms, read/write contact data, change calendar etc.... for an emulator? Sounds very dodgy!

Quinny899

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 26, 2011
Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
quinny898.co.uk
I really wanted to try this but unless there's a clear reason for the permissions, I'm going to have to avoid it. Read/send sms, read/write contact data, change calendar etc.... for an emulator? Sounds very dodgy!

I would assume it's for compatibility with the old java apps and games that need that stuff

Sent from my GALAXY NEXUS using Tapatalk 4 (VIP)

iJimaniac

Oct 19, 2011
Last edited:

BDProductions

Jul 15, 2012
Arizona
add my name to the list wanting a version for 4.x.x android...

It doesn't work for android 4.0+ I've tried to suggest making a new j2me emulator here;http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2347401 but apparently not many want it.

Sent from my YP-G1 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

just got a droid DNA, and need to be able to run a java file from a web appliance that is not updatable... the manufacturer is out of business and the app is in an encrypted flash memory module until served via it's http server.

it is used for remote telemetry in the broadcast industry, and there is no replacement device without shelling out $6000 or more..

I really don't want to have to use a thin client and rdp just to access this box, but it is looking like I may have to.

the file is a JAR, and has little more than remote display of meters representing voltage levels at a remote site.

I have an engineer working on an html5/jscript device he hopes to market... but until he finishes coding the interface I need access to the easi8 box.

if there is a limited use java re for android, I am willing to see if it works... thanks.

bakhtjs

Jul 20, 2013
JBED

I am using Android 4.0.4 and tried JBED.apk but failed to launch Java apps on the device.

Whenever I tried to launch, it crashed and exit.

Please help.

princemouli

Sep 19, 2013
visakhapatnam
unfortunately java has stopped working

i installed the jbed file successfully ( by manually ) but when i opens it, it shows me unfortunately java has stopped working iam running android 4.0.3 my device is celkon A97i can any one help me........

jerrystar

May 3, 2011
Jbed not working

in the name of allah
hi there,
jbed an app to running java mid-let on android device.

Installation:
Download jbed.apk from attachment and install it.

If last section not working for you,

download jbed.zip and flash it with cwm!

I created a signed flash-able package for easy install it!
Tested on my wildfire and 100% working!

You can press on thanks button and download it from attachment.
You can flash this package on all clockworkmod recovery version (2 and 3 and 4)

enjoy!

note :
It isn't my own app!
Please read my post carefully! ;)
i only created flashable package to easy to install this app for all

sorry for my bad english!

Screenshot added
some screenshot from a java app!

after installing jbed when i try to open the application, it says unfortunately stopped

Reactions: petesimon

manbat

Jun 8, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In the name of Allah
    hi there,
    Jbed an app to running java mid-let on Android device.

installation:
    download Jbed.apk from attachment and install it.

if last section not working for you,

download Jbed.zip and flash it with CWM!

I created a signed flash-able package for easy install it!
    Tested on my wildfire and 100% working!

you can press on Thanks button and download it from attachment.
    you can flash this package on all clockworkmod recovery version (2 and 3 and 4)

enjoy!

Note :
    It isn't my own app!
    please read my post carefully! ;)
    I only created Flashable package to easy to install this app for all

sorry for my bad English!

Screenshot added
    some screenshot from a java app!
    is there no way to make it work on jelly bean?
    I'm proud of u man .. thanks a lot

p.s. I'll use this app for the same books u have :D
    I am sorry but I am failing to understand what this app is supposed to do. Do you have a better description or maybe a few screenshots? Thanks.
    ScreenShot added!