Software Development [APP] [JOYING] [SOFIA] Forward dial requests from Google Voice to Joying BT app

Search This thread

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
@surfer63, when you are up to it, the monitortop hook works well, I've tested for the past few days on stock and custom v8, we should roll that into your Xposed app. I can do a pull request if you like.

Yes, please do a pull request. I had already applied your previous version, but will undo that one. It was not applied to the Xposed global repo yet.
I didn't do (could not do) much past week.

Sim08u

Jan 20, 2018
Should this theoretically work with non-Joying devices? I have an Eonon GA2167 device with an Allwinner T8 Octa-core processor. I have found someone who has been able to give me a rooted firmware. And now I am looking for solutions to voice dialling on my unit. I've tried Autovoice + tasker but had no success. So i'm willing to give this a go if you say it works. By the looks of it, so long as I can get to that page where I can select the default dialler, it should work? Thanks!

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
I might be asking a bit too much here but is it a change to develop the xposed module separately?

Thank you
Techically it is extremely easy to do that, especially as you only need the hook and you can switch the module on/off in the xposed Installer. No settings screen necessary.

But why? Simply because you only need one module and want it to be as simple as possible? (note: no sarcasm, really want to know)
Note that multiple "dedicated" Xposed modules all working on the same apk, might lead to conflicts and might cause performance decreases.

edit

May 25, 2006
Techically it is extremely easy to do that, especially as you only need the hook and you can switch the module on/off in the xposed Installer. No settings screen necessary.

But why? Simply because you only need one module and want it to be as simple as possible? (note: no sarcasm, really want to know)
Note that multiple "dedicated" Xposed modules all working on the same apk, might lead to conflicts and might cause performance decreases.

Because of the Play/Pause issue of you mod with media players (you press pause to pause the active media player and at the same time another player that it's in the background paused starts to play). I am still on December ROM (semi-stock because I made a lot of modifications to it, removing a lot of the Joying apps) with @DBestman Sofia NoKill Custom keys mod that handles playing and pausing well. I have xposed installed running fine with it's great addons (gpsfix and app settings). I would have liked the module separately because so far my unit runs fine as it is and I don't feel like changing it.
On top of that I admit I kinda got tired of testing, reflashing, tearing the dash apart and so on.... I kinda need a break and since my headunit runs fine as it is I would like to take advantage of that and bring only minor modifications to it if possible.

Thank you for understanding and help !

gtxaspec

Jun 26, 2007
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
Because of the Play/Pause issue of you mod with media players (you press pause to pause the active media player and at the same time another player that it's in the background paused starts to play). I am still on December ROM (semi-stock because I made a lot of modifications to it, removing a lot of the Joying apps) with @DBestman Sofia NoKill Custom keys mod that handles playing and pausing well. I have xposed installed running fine with it's great addons (gpsfix and app settings). I would have liked the module separately because so far my unit runs fine as it is and I don't feel like changing it.
On top of that I admit I kinda got tired of testing, reflashing, tearing the dash apart and so on.... I kinda need a break and since my headunit runs fine as it is I would like to take advantage of that and bring only minor modifications to it if possible.

Thank you for understanding and help !
@edit thats a bug in the stock ROM. The mod doesn't cause that. You can use the Xposed modules other features if you don't want to use the custom keys.

edit

May 25, 2006
@edit thats a bug in the stock ROM. The mod doesn't cause that. You can use the Xposed modules other features if you don't want to use the custom keys.

I am probably asking too much (again) but if that's the case why didn't you revert back to the stock december rom and build on it?
I am just curious and asking because for me it's a major issue and one of the reasons I am not using your ROM even if It's so good...

Thank you !

Last edited:

gtxaspec

Jun 26, 2007
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
I am probably asking too much (again) but if that's the case why didn't you revert back to the stock december rom and build on it?
I am just curious and asking because for me it's a major issue and one of the reasons I am not using your ROM even if It's so good...

Thank you !
That same bug is in the December and Jan builds...even older than that.
January is newer, has newer bt firmware and a newer kernel... You can use dbestmans Sofia server on my rom...

edit

May 25, 2006
That same bug is in the December and Jan builds...even older than that.
January is newer, has newer bt firmware and a newer kernel... You can use dbestmans Sofia server on my rom...

Then how come on the December ROM that I am using everything works fine ..... I mean the Play/Pause button works as intended, only the active media player executes the command even if in the backgrouns PowerAmp is always present (the PowerAmp by design likes to be in the backgreound, loaded, ready to go)? (the reason I am still on this rom like I said)

gtxaspec

Jun 26, 2007
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
Then how come on the December ROM that I am using everything works fine ..... I mean the Play/Pause button works as intended, only the active media player executes the command even if in the backgrouns PowerAmp is always present (the PowerAmp by design likes to be in the backgreound, loaded, ready to go)? (the reason I am still on this rom like I said)
Weird, because I installed the Dec ROM to test and it was there, and gusten patched the bug in the September ROM...in his modded server.

Weird huh

edit

May 25, 2006
Weird, because I installed the Dec ROM to test and it was there, and gusten patched the bug in the September ROM...in his modded server.

Weird huh

yeah... there is something going on... of course I don't have the knowledge to figure out what is and share it with you guys but on the other hand I am glad that it works.... i got so tired of all he firmware issues this headunit had since they decided to push it to android 6... and my stupidity for taking the jump from day 1.

I still believe that the answer is on the @gustden way of modding the Sofia server

gtxaspec

Jun 26, 2007
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
yeah... there is something going on... of course I don't have the knowledge to figure out what is and share it with you guys but on the other hand I am glad that it works.... i got so tired of all he firmware issues this headunit had since they decided to push it to android 6... and my stupidity for taking the jump from day 1.

I still believe that the answer is on the @gustden way of modding the Sofia server
It will be fixed soon stand by

Reactions: edit

edit

May 25, 2006

My hope is on you and @surfer63 . You guys are the only ones that still struggle to make things better for this headunit and I for one I am grateful for that.
If you can iron out the Play/Pause issue I'll say that your ROM it's the best ROM this unit will ever have.

BIG Thank you !

ste2002

Sep 23, 2017
No good the thread is used for that - it is also very important to be hidden in other's topic thread. IMHO.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I made a small apk which can forward a dial request from Google Voice to the Joying BT Dial app.
    the following patterns get stripped out to make it work: " ", "-", "(0)", "(", ")", "."

There is no launchable activity so you cant see it in launcher, it is only visible by the installed apps list in settings.

On first use:
    - In the result of Google Voice search (where it repeats your command and call the dialer) you need to choose the new dialer with the 3-dot menu button. the choice is sticky on future calls as long as you dont change it back again.
    - And you need to grant Call Permission to it and redo your voice search on the first time.
    - You can use a contact management app too (like google contacts), just make my app the default dialer and it should work.

the app is available in Play Store:
    http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.judlis.googlevoicecallhandler4joying

i will post the source code when i think it is stable enough.

One important note:
    If you keep seeing a window with 1 input field containing the number and 2 buttons "Make Call" and "Cancel" please report me the exact content of the input field and, if it is not a valid phone number to dial, the number with minimal changes it needs to be valid. Use "x" instead of numbers to keep privacy of the phone contact.
    @[email protected] hi guys, did you manage to create us a monitor Bluetooth top Xposed module?
    In progress
    @surfer63, when you are up to it, the monitortop hook works well, I've tested for the past few days on stock and custom v8, we should roll that into your Xposed app. I can do a pull request if you like.

Yes, please do a pull request. I had already applied your previous version, but will undo that one. It was not applied to the Xposed global repo yet.
    I didn't do (could not do) much past week.
    I made a small apk which can forward a dial request from Google Voice to the Joying BT Dial app.
    the following patterns get stripped out to make it work: " ", "-", "(0)", "(", ")", "."

I looked at writing an app for this about a year ago. I ended up making a modification to the paid app "Tablet Talk" so it would perform the same function. I bought it to allow SMS capabilities on the head unit, but it was able to be modified to also perform this same function. Since it was a paid app, I did not distribute the apk, just instructions on how to modify the app.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...oogle-voice-to-initiate-calls-joying-t3528923

Great to see an easy way for users to get this to work without having to buy an app and modifying it. I will give it a try when it is in the app store.

Nice work!