[APP] k9 mail client

Search This thread

neoranga

Jul 30, 2008
Hi,
I just found this app to manage the email and looks better than the stock one.
My only problem is the conversation threads style of gmail, it doesn't appear on k9 so I have 20 different emails for one thread, does anyone know a way to group conversations in k9 like in gmail?

gmadajczak

May 31, 2009
Warsaw
gmadajczak.tk
I know this app from G1. It's so old... I do not think, that k9 has anything more then stock gmail app. Also I do not think, that this app is still developed. I think, that your problem with mails thread comes from incompatibilities with 2.1 system (k9 comes from 1.1 times).

karimb

Oct 3, 2009
k9mail

Hi
K9mail is a powerfull app download latest version from dev website at google code or use atrackdog to go there
Latest version 2510

scote

Mar 30, 2007
Is K9 still better than stock if your using gmail?
What about search funtionality, I doubt k9 can beat the stock mail clients ability to server side searches back as far as you have mail, I didnt think pop or imap support this? or am I wrong?

daveid

Jan 5, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Is K9 still better than stock if your using gmail?
What about search funtionality, I doubt k9 can beat the stock mail clients ability to server side searches back as far as you have mail, I didnt think pop or imap support this? or am I wrong?

If you are using Gmail, no... K9 is probably not better than stock.

In fact, I used to (on my G1) use K9 for several of my alternate accounts, one is a straight up @gmail.com account - another is a Google Apps for Domains account. But, now that I can sync multiple Google Accounts on my Nexus, I am only using K9 for my ISP's account. The functionality that the built in Gmail app provides is superb (in my opinion), as mentioned by the OP the threading of conversations makes it very easy to navigate a larger inbox.

O and O

Feb 5, 2009
Does K9 have "real" push, I want to use it but I don't want it to kill battery faster than stock GMail apps and it REALLY need to start threading!

lgkahn

Mar 26, 2010
londonderry
k9 is slow.. profimail on symbian is way faster.. unfort.

i tried to email them suggestions but they ignored me..

one reason it is so slow is it is not keeping track of highest message id per mailbox.. so everytime you connect it is redownloading the last 25 messages or whatever amount you have it set to.

the second reason is that it is downloading entire messages.. it really only needs to download headers, and keep a connection to server open while you are in the app and then download the body when you goto a message.

if they would implement these 2 changes it would be light years faster.

D

diversificationied

k9 is slow.. profimail on symbian is way faster.. unfort.

i tried to email them suggestions but they ignored me..

one reason it is so slow is it is not keeping track of highest message id per mailbox.. so everytime you connect it is redownloading the last 25 messages or whatever amount you have it set to.

the second reason is that it is downloading entire messages.. it really only needs to download headers, and keep a connection to server open while you are in the app and then download the body when you goto a message.

if they would implement these 2 changes it would be light years faster.

k9 has setting to download headers only.

scotte9999

Feb 22, 2008
San Diego
intrepid.warped.com
Yes, it supports the IMAP "IDLE" command, which gives you what you're calling "push" (rather than polling for email). The latest K9 also supports the "COMPRESS" extension, which transfers compressed versions of the content, which means less data usage, and less transmit/receive time.