• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP] [Launcher] VIVID: Best launcher for driving

Search This thread

rowan112

Mar 23, 2012
Hello

I am very much interested in this launcher, i have a question
you suggest using the custom rom, what advantage does using your custom rom have over the default rom?

Sinome Sano

Jul 27, 2021
Seoul
Hello, I am using PX6. First, I want to install the launcher and take a look. But I can't confirm it in Korea. If you pass me the language string file, I can translate it perfectly. I already have translation experience with Malaysk Firmware. All-in-one users in Korea are very interested in this launcher (and ROM).

And is there a way to put a custom navigation map on the home screen? There are maps dedicated to Korea (Naver Maps, Kakao Navi) that support Android SDK.
The reason why custom maps are needed is that Korea is a country where the war is not over yet, so it is not possible to export map data overseas according to related laws. Because Google Maps and Waze use old data, it is practically impossible to use.

Last edited:
Reactions: abdelmonem

abdelmonem

Jan 26, 2009
Hello, I am using PX6. First, I want to install the launcher and take a look. But I can't confirm it in Korea. If you pass me the language string file, I can translate it perfectly. All-in-one users in Korea are very interested in this launcher (and ROM).

And is there a way to put a custom navigation map on the home screen? There are maps dedicated to Korea (Naver Maps, Kakao Navi) that support Android SDK.
The reason why custom maps are needed is that Korea is a country where the war is not over yet, so it is not possible to export map data overseas according to related laws. Because Google Maps and Waze use old data, it is practically impossible to use.
You get good point that I was forgotten say about , I use my device in English but my original language is Arabic I can help also to give translation ,so many One can help in deferent language

Reactions: Sinome Sano

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    looks interesting. why not available for india?
    I personally don't recommend this launcher. Perhaps it's because it is only 'supposed' to work on a PX5 and PX6 but I tried it on a different head unit and found it to be incredibly invasive. It renamed the Bluetooth device to 'Vivid', took over a whole load of things and just ran pretty poorly. Perhaps, as you say, it needs integration with a custom ROM, but boi, I wonder what you're giving up when it asks you for so many permissions.
    I think that since the app has an inflammatory "best launcher" title, people are noting invasive/unnecessary permissions and the Play Store registers it as the initial release, the app might have ulterior motives in the background.

Purely speculative, but very worrisome.
    I downloaded it but it required me to register to use it so I just deleted it then. Looks nice in the pictures, but I don't think it would give me what I really want. A different phone/radio app :)
    Not sure if you noticed you can ignore the registration by clicking next button in registration page. Do you have any specific features you're looking for?
    Thank you for the nice launcher. I just installed and haven't got time to explore further the usability.

I navigated with google maps and waze, the main interface left screen did not show turn by turn navigation, only show the map of the location i was in. For navigation, i have to open the navigation map on the foreground..

Is this normal because Malaysia is not currently supported? Well, most Malaysian read and speak English, why not make it available for Malaysia too? 😆

Thank you once again.