[APP][LAUNCHER] VTL.Launcher 1.6.5 (Tablet Oriented Launcher) [updated 05.19.11]

bschrib

Feb 18, 2009
Columbus
I've been using it and enjoy it very much.

One question, why does the top statusbar sometimes appear solid black and other times transparent? When it's transparent it partially duplicates my Beautiful Widget Home Weather icon.

Any ideas?

Thanks
This! It's what I must be suffering from -- I installed the launcher and switched to it from the default launcher in Calkulin's ROM and just assumed the statusbar is solid black.

pagantek

Jun 25, 2010
Gojimi - I really dig this layout a lot. It really brings out the tablet feel that the device has been missing. I do have a quick question/request. How easy would it be to incorporate some of the desktop transition effects? I don't know if that is specific to the coding of EX version, or if they are in the framework available to all launchers. Thanks for your fantastic work.

lmemperador

Dec 6, 2007
please, in the list of apps, using a new group for cleaning the whole list of apps, is it posible to make appear new installed ones in this new group? it will be so useful for maintein the app drawer (list of apps) clean, IMO

another thing could be a shortcut to lock and unlock the desktop instead of menu button - more - vtl settings, IMO

thanks a lot for the launcher, i like it so much. great work

thebadfrog

Nov 28, 2010
I'm trying to install this launcher on my NC and when it boots into CWM, the install fails and then reboots. This is with version 1.5...
After my latest mind meld with gojimi...........

Install it as you would an app. Its an apk program after all.....ie sideload it.

mind meld over

BeeGee_Tokyo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
I really like this launcher. Perfect for my Viewpad 10s.

Its still beta, so I am not upset about FCs coming from time to time. Just wondering if it helps to post the settings or some log files. FCs seem to be linked to scrollable widgets, but could not find out which one (Pure messenger, Pure News, Agenda widget, Contact widget)

Running a Webmachines UX100 ROM V1.10 with some smaller mods on my tablet. Base ROM is P10_image_20110223_v1.10_web.exe.

Not the newest, but most stable with my internal 3G card.

Zobat

Dec 20, 2010
archos 101

It seems to run smoothly on an archos 101, did not figure alll of its features.

adw.Buuf.Theme install also worked.

anything you want me to test?

MechAniX.one

Aug 30, 2009
San Jose, CA
I agree. Is there a way to make the icons resizeable? When turned off the docks on both sides the bottom icons got huge. I feel like I'm using a Jitterbug! ;) But this is a nice launcher.
Im having the same issue with large icons after i deselect dockbar background. After that I cant get rid of the large icons even with a reboot. I have to remove them from the dock.

gogorman

Dec 12, 2010
Im having the same issue with large icons after i deselect dockbar background. After that I cant get rid of the large icons even with a reboot. I have to remove them from the dock.
Have you tried checking the Use New Drawable option in UI Settings?
That has helped me with the large/small icon problem.

gojimi

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 2, 2010
www.gojimi.com
Icon Size issue will be a thing of the past.

Have you tried checking the Use New Drawable option in UI Settings?
That has helped me with the large/small icon problem.
The Latest Version "COMING SOON" allows you to resize the icons/separately per dock as well as per orientation. Lots of cool new features..... I am just cleaning up some code and fixing a few bugs.... by weeks end more than likely.

-Enjoy