• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP] LeoExtendedNotifications, blink keypad on missed call, sms, email, more [v0.92]

Search This thread

NetRipper

Feb 27, 2006
's-Gravendeel
www.netripper.nl
At request of the people in this thread, I made a small app that blinks the keypad when there are notifications.

If you also use KeypadLedControl, you may get some irregular blinking during notifications. Nothing serious.

Features
- Blink keypad on: unread sms, unread mms, unread e-mail, missed calls, reminders (if rom supports it), voicemail
- Configurable via registry & seperate Config application
- Notification timeout after X seconds (300=5min by default)
- Stop notifications after unlocking the phone (only works on compatible lock screens)
- Temporarily stop notifications during phone call
- Configurable blinking sequence (also per notification type)
- Configurable time between repeating sequence

Changelog
v0.92
- Some small fixes by 3dfx

v0.91
- Hopefully fixes issue where keypad wouldn't blink on notifications if there were no specific sequences for that notification type configured (in registry)

v0.9
- Added configuration application
- Popups now automatically close again after a second or so (except for errors, they stay)
- Added nicer icons in start menu/sense (if you're using WM6.5+, might require device restart)

v0.3 to v0.8
- App configurable via registry
- Add support for reminder and voicemail notifications
- Stop notifications after unlocking the phone

Additional credits
Big thanks to 3dfx. He added a lot of features as you can read throughout this thread.

Source
Source code can be found here: http://github.com/netripper/LeoExtendedNotifications

Screenshots
LEN_ss1.png
LEN_ss2.png
LEN_ss3.png

Download
See CAB attached to this post! :D

Attachments

• LeoExtendedNotifications_v0.91.CAB
    659.6 KB · Views: 8,103
  • LeoExtendedNotifications_v0.92.cab
    660.1 KB · Views: 5,782
Last edited:

Olioaglio

Feb 9, 2007
Regensburg
Great idea, thanks a lot for your contribution, netripper

Thanks NetRipper.. working fantastic here. I wonder if this could make the keypad leds defective over time...

i am also a little bit worrying about eventually led malfunction when using it all the time.
however i would like the idea to be able to configure a notification timeout.
imagine you get a mail late night and the leds would permanently flash until next day.

best regards, Olioaglio

Last edited:

elburna

Jun 24, 2009

i am also a little bit worrying about eventually led malfunction when using it all the time.
imagine you get a mail late night and the leds would permanently flash until next day.

best regards, Olioaglio

+1 :D Would welcome that as well-

NetRipper

Feb 27, 2006
's-Gravendeel
www.netripper.nl

best regards, Olioaglio
I'm not really worried by that. I think they're regular LEDs and they have an awesome long lifespan. Also the light doesn't really look bright, so I think the leds are very far from being stressed. Although I don't guarantee anything (obviously), I'd be very surprised if any keypad light would break because of this.

xILukasIx

Dec 14, 2008
Linz
I have a little problem here!

I just put your program in my startup folder and now it blinks all the time, although I don't have any missed calls, unread SMS, MMS or email.
What's wrong here?

Already deleted all my messages just to be sure :D

EDIT: Oh wait, now that I have gone in my call history, it suddenly stopped.
Strange...

xavierdemon

Jul 23, 2008
thanks to Netripper I don't need the green led to flash any more but can't turn it of :) tried to turn it off in BSB tweak but it still flashes anyone know the reg to disable?

mitsi

Jun 19, 2008
Croydon
Hi NetRipper. I have a Touch Diamond 2 (Topaz). When I run the LeoExtendedNotifications_calls_sms_email.exe program, my LED's blink continuously even though I have no notifications of missed calls, emails or SMS's. I have tried the trick by xILukasIx of visiting my call history page, but this has no effect.

I have a WM6.1 stock rom and (if it makes any difference) I use Phonex (which I prefer) and so have my HTC dialer disabled to save ram.

I would love your program to work on my TD2 if possible!

Thanks

Edit:

I think I have solved it now. I created a mortscript to run your program NetRipper. So far, I have managed to do this with emails only. My mortscript goes:

NOTIFY = RegRead (HKCU, "System\State\Messages\totalemail\Unread\", "Count")
If (NOTIFY = 0)
Sleep (2000)
Run ("Program Files\Mortscript\LED.mscr")
EndIf
If (NOTIFY >0)
Run ("Program Files\Mortscript\LeoExtendedNotifications_calls_sm s_email.exe")
Sleep (2000)
Run ("Program Files\Mortscript\LED.mscr")
EndIf

Obviously I have put the above mortscript in the Program Files\Mortscript folder and called it LED.mscr. I have also put your program into the same folder.

Thanks again for your program - I really like the outcome!

Edit 2: No, it doesn't work.... Any ideas anyone???

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    At request of the people in this thread, I made a small app that blinks the keypad when there are notifications.

If you also use KeypadLedControl, you may get some irregular blinking during notifications. Nothing serious.

Features
    - Blink keypad on: unread sms, unread mms, unread e-mail, missed calls, reminders (if rom supports it), voicemail
    - Configurable via registry & seperate Config application
    - Stop notifications after unlocking the phone (only works on compatible lock screens)

Changelog
    v0.92
    - Some small fixes by 3dfx

v0.91
    - Hopefully fixes issue where keypad wouldn't blink on notifications if there were no specific sequences for that notification type configured (in registry)

v0.9
    - Added configuration application
    - Popups now automatically close again after a second or so (except for errors, they stay)
    - Added nicer icons in start menu/sense (if you're using WM6.5+, might require device restart)

v0.3 to v0.8
    - App configurable via registry
    - Add support for reminder and voicemail notifications
    - Stop notifications after unlocking the phone

Additional credits
    Big thanks to 3dfx. He added a lot of features as you can read throughout this thread.

Source
    Source code can be found here: http://github.com/netripper/LeoExtendedNotifications

Screenshots
    LEN_ss1.png
    LEN_ss2.png
    LEN_ss3.png

Download
    See CAB attached to this post! :D
    Works Fine.

Thanks.
    Hallo,
    just downloaded LEN and I have a question that maybe has been discussed already, but didn't find it:
    LEN installed nicely;
    when I started the LeoNotify Config, I saw that "Notify NOT Active";
    so I realised that I have to start LeoNotify.exe first;
    fine, no problem;
    after a soft-reset, it was the same again!
    So this time I tried to put a shortcut to the "LeoNotify.exe" in the "AutoStart"-Folder, but after the next soft-reset is was still not active!
    So I copied the "LeoNotify.exe" into the "AutoStart"-Folder, but the result is still the same.
    After each re-start of the HTC HD2, I get a small window for approx. 1 second that tells me that Leo Extended Notification Enabler will be closed now.

Question:
    why is this and what do I have to do to start my HTC HD2 with LEN already enabled and running?

Thanks a lot,
    Tom
    You should only have a link to that exe once. If the exe runs a second time, the app closes. So make sure you remove all shortcuts/executables except one from your \windows\startup