• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP] Light Manager Compatibility

Search This thread

mckoo

May 3, 2011
I created this application for Samsung Galaxy SIII and I guess it might be useful to be used in Samsung Galaxy Note II. Some Samsung Galaxy Note II users reported that this application works properly in their device. So I guess there should be not much differences between Samsung Galaxy SIII and Note II in term of the core software. Anyway, you may report if there is any bugs. Your suggestions and comments are welcomed as well.

Description:
Configure LED color and its flashing frequency for notification as shown below:
- Miss call
- SMS
- MMS
- Gmail
- Calendar reminder
- Hangouts
- *Email
- *Facebook and Messenger
- *Twitter
- *WhatsApp
- *LINE
- *GO SMS Pro
- *Handcent SMS
- *Any 3rd party apps
- Low battery
- Battery charging
- Battery charged
- No signal
- No 3G/4G
- No Wifi
- Silent Mode On
- Mobile Data On
- Wifi On
- Wifi Hotspot On
- Bluetooth On
On Android 4.1 and 4.2, ROOT is required for those mark with asterisk *.
After grant the ROOT permission, you need to restart Light Manager for changes to take effect.
However ROOT is not required anymore from Android 4.3 onwards. You need to enable the Notification Access for Light Manager.

There are two operating modes:
1) Normal Mode - Only LED color for the first notification will be flashing
2) Alternating Mode - A few LED colors will be flashing alternately when multiple notifications are received

Language Translation:
Currently supported language: English, Korean, Chinese, Greek, French, Italian, Portuguese, German, Hungarian, Turkish, Danish, Spanish, Finnish, Dutch, Czech, Slovak, Serbian, Arabic, Croatian, Polish, Slovenian, Russian, Hebrew, Vietnamese, Swedish
You may help to translate the language for this application by editing the spreadsheet below.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al0Sp8o0GtITdDJkWmtEellSUXdQZTFIcWdob3VZU3c#gid=0

Market link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koo.lightmanager

img.php

For more information, please go to the links as shown below:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Original Thread

Last edited:

gtizon

Aug 14, 2011
Manila
Thanks for the app! How is the batt consumption of the app? Does it constantly run in background and cause wakeclocks? :)

Sent from my Note II

mckoo

May 3, 2011
Thanks for the app! How is the batt consumption of the app? Does it constantly run in background and cause wakeclocks? :)

Sent from my Note II

Yes, it is constantly running in background and cause wakelock only when you switch to "Alternating Mode".

Battery consumption is depending on your settings.
Minimum consumption would be running in "Normal Mode" without any 3rd party app notification LED enabled.
I got about 0.1% tested with Gsam Battery Monitor in SGSIII.

Reactions: tweeny80 and gtizon

richlum

Aug 9, 2010
Chiang Rai
One thing I've noticed is that if I get a notification, the LED will blink as it should.
But if I then swipe away the notification instead of opening it, the LED keeps blinking once you lock the screen.
I have to go into the app that the notification was for in order to stop the LED blinking.

Is there any way to stop the LED if you swipe away the notification?

[edit] This only seems to be a problem when set to "Alternating Mode". When set to "Normal" swiping away a notification stops the LED flashing. I'll leave it set to normal and forego the multicolours ;) [/edit]

Last edited:

gabster21

Sep 7, 2010
Dubai
Not working on Note 2 rooted.. installed the app, configured colors, gave root, restarted app.. nothing.

DamBadz

Mar 10, 2012
For me work well and this app fix the problem when charging and led light show red fade now it show real red thxx:D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Overloaded

Apr 23, 2009
The app is working well!

But is there any possibility to also show the led notifications when the screen is on? So when i play a game or something and my device vibrates i can see what notification i received by looking at the led light.

Reactions: Genji1036

MarionCast

Oct 20, 2012
The add app doesn't seem to work. Otherwise, works well! LED app with none of the talking folders, just what I'm looking for! :good:

EDIT: Stupid me. Just read that you need "alternating mode" to add apps. What's alternating mode and how is it different from normal?

Last edited:

gabster21

Sep 7, 2010
Dubai
What settings are you guys using for this to work? When I try to do the test nothing happens for me.

I tried light Flow and could only get a single color working (cyan).

stormrain

Aug 25, 2009
Athens
Great app, I use it since Light Flow has some bugs in our devices.
Looks interesting. What is the main difference between this and Light Flow?

Well main difference is that it works flawlessly, when Light Flow once enabled it also enables Talkbalk (I think there's a solution for that posted somewhere) BUT most importantly (for me) it disables the swype-like features on Samsung Keyboard.
+1 to Light Manager :)

I use no special settings and it just works. Try normal mode though.

antt00

Jul 31, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
What settings are you guys using for this to work? When I try to do the test nothing happens for me.

I tried light Flow and could only get a single color working (cyan).

No special setting just normal mode. I have tested the colors and it all work. Maybe you got an app that is conflicting with it.

mckoo

May 3, 2011
One thing I've noticed is that if I get a notification, the LED will blink as it should.
But if I then swipe away the notification instead of opening it, the LED keeps blinking once you lock the screen.
I have to go into the app that the notification was for in order to stop the LED blinking.

Is there any way to stop the LED if you swipe away the notification?

[edit] This only seems to be a problem when set to "Alternating Mode". When set to "Normal" swiping away a notification stops the LED flashing. I'll leave it set to normal and forego the multicolours ;) [/edit]

Yeah, swipe away the notification will not cancel the notification LED. I guess this is a bug which cannot be fixed. For Normal Mode, it can work because the firmware will cancel all notification LED once you have pulled down the notification bar.

mckoo

May 3, 2011
The app is working well!

But is there any possibility to also show the led notifications when the screen is on? So when i play a game or something and my device vibrates i can see what notification i received by looking at the led light.

I guess this function is limited by the manufacturer. Notification LED can only appear when the screen is off.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I created this application for Samsung Galaxy SIII and I guess it might be useful to be used in Samsung Galaxy Note II. Some Samsung Galaxy Note II users reported that this application works properly in their device. So I guess there should be not much differences between Samsung Galaxy SIII and Note II in term of the core software. Anyway, you may report if there is any bugs. Your suggestions and comments are welcomed as well.

Description:
    Configure LED color and its flashing frequency for notification as shown below:
    - Miss call
    - SMS
    - MMS
    - Gmail
    - Calendar reminder
    - Hangouts
    - *Email
    - *Facebook and Messenger
    - *Twitter
    - *WhatsApp
    - *LINE
    - *GO SMS Pro
    - *Handcent SMS
    - *Any 3rd party apps
    - Low battery
    - Battery charging
    - Battery charged
    - No signal
    - No 3G/4G
    - No Wifi
    - Silent Mode On
    - Mobile Data On
    - Wifi On
    - Wifi Hotspot On
    - Bluetooth On
    On Android 4.1 and 4.2, ROOT is required for those mark with asterisk *.
    After grant the ROOT permission, you need to restart Light Manager for changes to take effect.
    However ROOT is not required anymore from Android 4.3 onwards. You need to enable the Notification Access for Light Manager.

There are two operating modes:
    1) Normal Mode - Only LED color for the first notification will be flashing
    2) Alternating Mode - A few LED colors will be flashing alternately when multiple notifications are received

Language Translation:
    Currently supported language: English, Korean, Chinese, Greek, French, Italian, Portuguese, German, Hungarian, Turkish, Danish, Spanish, Finnish, Dutch, Czech, Slovak, Serbian, Arabic, Croatian, Polish, Slovenian, Russian, Hebrew, Vietnamese, Swedish
    You may help to translate the language for this application by editing the spreadsheet below.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al0Sp8o0GtITdDJkWmtEellSUXdQZTFIcWdob3VZU3c#gid=0

Market link:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koo.lightmanager

img.php

For more information, please go to the links as shown below:
    Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
    Original Thread
    Updated to v3.8
    - Fixed some SGN2 model cannot see one-click button to set all hex color code for Grey SGN2
    - Fixed force close on Android OS 2.1
    - Fixed MMS notification LED not working when receiving via Handcent
    - Added compatibility with WidgetLocker to disable all notification LED when screen is unlocked
    - Fixed missed call, facebook, handcent notification LED not working for some devices
    - Fixed notification LED testing section not working for some devices
    - Fixed superuser by CWM not working
    - Fixed some root required options are no accessible by some rooted devices
    - Added some missing translation text for Croatian, Russian, Slovak
    Updated to v4.0
    - Added generate notification LED when GPS is on
    - Fixed Facebook messenger notification LED for received sms/mms
    - Added function to disable toast notification when error occurs
    - Fixed force close when restore settings for some devices
    - Added some missing translation text for Portuguese
    Updated to v3.6
    - Added function to adjust LED brightness
    - Added function to adjust LED turn on time
    - Added percentage threshold for battery charged LED
    - Allow Google Voice to be added as 3rd party app in Alternating Mode
    - Added function to set hex color code back to default
    - Added set hex color code for grey color Samsung Galaxy Note II
    - Fixed some force close
    - Added some missing translation text for Croatian, Czech, Slovak, Slovenian, Hungarian, Russian, Turkish, French, Hebrew, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish

Someone reported that the notification LED colors on Grey color Samsung Galaxy Note II is a bit off. So now there is a one-click button, to set all hex color code for it. Please try that and let me know if it is working. This one-click button is in "Advanced Settings" and is only visible to Note II device.
    Updated to v3.7
    - Added function to force granting root permission for those who could not get prompt for root
    - Separate notification LED for Facebook and Facebook Messenger
    - Fix bug where no signal notification LED which is currently flashing but cannot be canceled when user disabled it
    - Fixed one-click button to set all hex color code for Grey SGN2 to be visible to SGH-I317M & SGH-T889
    - Added back up and restore function
    - Added some missing translation text for Czech, Hungarian, Italian

For those who is having problem in getting the root request prompt, you may try the newly added button to force grant root permission. Let me know if it works.