[APP] Light Manager Compatibility

Search This thread

mckoo

May 3, 2011
Could someone tell me about battery consuption? thx

Please see the FAQ.
16. How is the battery consumption of Light Manager? I am concerning on battery life, how do I get battery consumption as minimum as possible.
It depends on the settings in Light Manager. If you use “Normal Mode” with no 3rd party apps notification LED enabled, battery consumption will be the lowest possible. Battery consumption test had been done with Samsung Galaxy SIIII, it is around 0.1%~0.2% with the above settings.

mckoo

May 3, 2011
updated to v3.3
- Added FAQ link
- Maintain stability while notification icon is not shown
- Fixed battery drain when android logger is disabled on custom kernel
- Fixed compatibility with Gmail 4.2
- GTalk does not need ROOT anymore
- Fixed background service is not restarted automatically after user has updated Light Manager
- Totally cancel LED notification during Sleeping Time for Alternating Mode
- Fixed misscall notification LED still functioning when Light Manager has disabled
- Change orange color from FF9200 to FF3300
- Fixed default LED will appear after getting out of Sleeping Time
- Added some missing translation text for Croatian, Danish, Portuguese, Slovenian, Spanish, German, Hungarian, Turkish

Can someone help me in testing whether Email notification LED (not Gmail) is working in Samsung Galaxy Note II in both Normal Mode and Alternating Mode?
Thanks in advanced.

padlad

Jan 23, 2005
Excellent app! Samsung stock email app seems to be working fine with 3.3 in normal mode.

Reactions: tyb.brk

marvelspires

Feb 25, 2010
Here is a problem, the original rom with root. The phone is blinking blue LED without any notification, sometimes blinks sometimes does not blink.

mckoo

May 3, 2011
Here is a problem, the original rom with root. The phone is blinking blue LED without any notification, sometimes blinks sometimes does not blink.

Is it a light blue LED color?
If you are updating from previous version, try the following:

7. Why there is false notification or something weird happened on my device? False notification happened randomly but I did not get any notification message in notification bar.
Try restarting your device. If the problem still persists, try uninstall and reinstall Light Manager. Remember to clear cache and data while uninstalling.

The Transporter

Nov 10, 2009
Brussels
not-a-number.io
updated to v3.3
- Added FAQ link
- Maintain stability while notification icon is not shown
- Fixed battery drain when android logger is disabled on custom kernel
- Fixed compatibility with Gmail 4.2
- GTalk does not need ROOT anymore
- Fixed background service is not restarted automatically after user has updated Light Manager
- Totally cancel LED notification during Sleeping Time for Alternating Mode
- Fixed misscall notification LED still functioning when Light Manager has disabled
- Change orange color from FF9200 to FF3300
- Fixed default LED will appear after getting out of Sleeping Time
- Added some missing translation text for Croatian, Danish, Portuguese, Slovenian, Spanish, German, Hungarian, Turkish

Can someone help me in testing whether Email notification LED (not Gmail) is working in Samsung Galaxy Note II in both Normal Mode and Alternating Mode?
Thanks in advanced.

Hello,

I've downloaded your application for my note running Paranoid Android (Utacka-2012-11-18) and it doesn't work at all unfortunately.
It says that it should work and cyanogenmod based rom, but nothing show up on mine.
I tried to reinstall the app as you say in the FAQ, but nothing change, I've also tried to change mode... but always the same.

Do you think that the kernel might be the problem ? I'm using N.E.A.K. Kernel. 1.0.x

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

mckoo

May 3, 2011
Hello,

I've downloaded your application for my note running Paranoid Android (Utacka-2012-11-18) and it doesn't work at all unfortunately.
It says that it should work and cyanogenmod based rom, but nothing show up on mine.
I tried to reinstall the app as you say in the FAQ, but nothing change, I've also tried to change mode... but always the same.

Do you think that the kernel might be the problem ? I'm using N.E.A.K. Kernel. 1.0.x

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

"It says that it should work and cyanogenmod based rom"
Where did u see the statement as shown above?

Some people reported that it does not work on cyanogenmod based rom. I guess it won't work as well due to the lack of LED driver. Anyway I never tested it, just my guessing.

Please let me know if someone managed to run Light Manager successfully on cyanogenmod based rom.;)

cswarrior

Jan 24, 2012
thanks working great! at first it didn't work had to re-install and clean cache for it to work properly not sure why but got it working:fingers-crossed:

Laynee1

Jul 8, 2010
Belgrade
Great app!! I have filled a lot in serbian translation on your google docs page :) just to give my contribution :)

djsteel3000

Jan 29, 2009
Limassol
Notification LED wrong and dim colours

Concerning the wrong colours being displayed on the Grey Galaxy note 2: Its the same on both grey note 2 and grey S3 as i had both. On blue,black,red and white S3's there is a kind of cut out for the notification LED (not so visible on the white S3) there for allowing it to be brighter and display the correct colours. Unfortunately for those of us who own grey phones (note 2 and S3) there is NO cut out so the LED is under a thin layer of grey therefore altering the colours slightly and make is a little less dim.

Before i installed a custom rom (criskelo), NEAK kernel and Light manager my led was very dim when it was on charge (red colour) and in general dimmer then my mates grey note for some reason but now with the above mention mods (rom,kernel and light manager) they are much brighter but still not displaying the correct colours expect RED,GREEN and BLUE.

I hope this sheds some LIGHT on the situation. I went through 2 grey S3's and 3 grey Note 2's to realise the above also my wife owns a black S3 so i have researched the matter a lot.......

wrapper

May 10, 2009
UK
Question: For apps like Whatsapp which offer two different lights for normal conversations vs group conversations, will this app just override those with one light set by the app?

CitizenLee

Aug 21, 2009
Aberdeen
Working great for me with Omega & NEAK! Such a cool app :)

Edit: Turns out for me colours only seems to work in test mode... got my first gmail email since installing and LED was normal colour, not purple as I had chosen :(

Last edited:

mckoo

May 3, 2011
Concerning the wrong colours being displayed on the Grey Galaxy note 2: Its the same on both grey note 2 and grey S3 as i had both. On blue,black,red and white S3's there is a kind of cut out for the notification LED (not so visible on the white S3) there for allowing it to be brighter and display the correct colours. Unfortunately for those of us who own grey phones (note 2 and S3) there is NO cut out so the LED is under a thin layer of grey therefore altering the colours slightly and make is a little less dim.

Before i installed a custom rom (criskelo), NEAK kernel and Light manager my led was very dim when it was on charge (red colour) and in general dimmer then my mates grey note for some reason but now with the above mention mods (rom,kernel and light manager) they are much brighter but still not displaying the correct colours expect RED,GREEN and BLUE.

I hope this sheds some LIGHT on the situation. I went through 2 grey S3's and 3 grey Note 2's to realise the above also my wife owns a black S3 so i have researched the matter a lot.......

It sounds more like the LED hardware issue on grey devices which causes incorrect LED color since they should run the same software /firmware not matter what color is the device.

Does the color run off seriously? If set #00FF00 (Green), will it totally become another color (e.g. blue)? Or just maybe become yellow-green?

mckoo

May 3, 2011
Working great for me with Omega & NEAK! Such a cool app :)

Edit: Turns out for me colours only seems to work in test mode... got my first gmail email since installing and LED was normal colour, not purple as I had chosen :(

There is a bug in JB. The first gmail notification might not work correctly, but the subsequent gmail notification should work.
This happened on JB but not in ICS when I tested with galaxy S3. I'm still investigating who should responsible for the bug.

Reactions: CitizenLee

promi

May 4, 2008
I'm trying to set notification for chaton, but i don't see it in app list (alternating mode).

ps. there are some translations in polish that should be corrected:
root required - is "Root wymagany" should be "Wymagany Root"
Show notification icon - is "Pokazuj ikonę notyfikacji" should be "Pokazuj ikonę powiadomień"
Show icon in status bar - is "Pokazuj ikonę w pasku notyfikacji (poprawia stabilność)" should be "Pokazuj ikonę w pasku stanu (poprawia stabilność)"
Do not show icon in status bar - is "Nie pokazuj ikony w pasku notyfikacji" should be "Nie pokazuj ikony w pasku stanu"
Exclude notification for battery - is "Pomiń powiadamianie o stanie akumulatora" should be "Pomiń powiadamianie o stanie baterii"
Exclude notification for battery and network connection - is "Pomiń powiadamianie o stanie akumulatora i połączeniu z siecią" should be "Pomiń powiadamianie o stanie baterii i połączeniu z siecią"
Enable service - is "Włącz serwis" should be "Włącz usługę"
Disable service - is "Wyłącz serwis" should be "Wyłącz usługę"
Message - is "Wiadomość" should be "SMS"
Calendar Reminder - is "Terminarz" should be "Kalendarz"
Calendar reminder notification LED - is "Powiadomienie LED dla terminarza" should be "Powiadomienie LED dla kalendarza"
Low Battery - is "Rozładowany akumulator" should be "Rozładowana bateria"
Low battery notification LED - is "Powiadomienie LED dla rozładowanego akumulatora" should be "Powiadomienie LED dla rozładowanej baterii"
Battery Charging - is "Ładowanie" should be "Ładowanie baterii"
Notification LED when battery is charging - is "Powiadomienie LED podczas ładowania akumulatora" should be "Powiadomienie LED podczas ładowania baterii"
Battery Charged - is "Akumulator naładowany" should be "Bateria naładowana"
Notification LED when battery has fully charged - is "Powiadomienie LED dla naładowanego akumulatora" should be " Powiadomienie LED dla naładowanej baterii"
Percentage Threshold - is "Stan rozładownia akumulatora" should be "Stan rozładownia baterii"
Low battery percentage threshold - is "Ustaw niski poziom rozładownia akumulatora" should be "Ustaw niski poziom rozładownia baterii"

EP2008

Jan 2, 2008
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Since the last update v3.3, light Manager had been using up crazy amounts of Wakelock time. Like 40 minutes in 2h. Almost 70% of my device awake time when the screen is off.

What could be causing this? The previous version used maybe 6% Wakelock time at most in BetterBatteryStats.

This is on a stock rooted note 2.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I created this application for Samsung Galaxy SIII and I guess it might be useful to be used in Samsung Galaxy Note II. Some Samsung Galaxy Note II users reported that this application works properly in their device. So I guess there should be not much differences between Samsung Galaxy SIII and Note II in term of the core software. Anyway, you may report if there is any bugs. Your suggestions and comments are welcomed as well.

Description:
    Configure LED color and its flashing frequency for notification as shown below:
    - Miss call
    - SMS
    - MMS
    - Gmail
    - Calendar reminder
    - Hangouts
    - *Email
    - *Facebook and Messenger
    - *Twitter
    - *WhatsApp
    - *LINE
    - *GO SMS Pro
    - *Handcent SMS
    - *Any 3rd party apps
    - Low battery
    - Battery charging
    - Battery charged
    - No signal
    - No 3G/4G
    - No Wifi
    - Silent Mode On
    - Mobile Data On
    - Wifi On
    - Wifi Hotspot On
    - Bluetooth On
    On Android 4.1 and 4.2, ROOT is required for those mark with asterisk *.
    After grant the ROOT permission, you need to restart Light Manager for changes to take effect.
    However ROOT is not required anymore from Android 4.3 onwards. You need to enable the Notification Access for Light Manager.

There are two operating modes:
    1) Normal Mode - Only LED color for the first notification will be flashing
    2) Alternating Mode - A few LED colors will be flashing alternately when multiple notifications are received

Language Translation:
    Currently supported language: English, Korean, Chinese, Greek, French, Italian, Portuguese, German, Hungarian, Turkish, Danish, Spanish, Finnish, Dutch, Czech, Slovak, Serbian, Arabic, Croatian, Polish, Slovenian, Russian, Hebrew, Vietnamese, Swedish
    You may help to translate the language for this application by editing the spreadsheet below.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al0Sp8o0GtITdDJkWmtEellSUXdQZTFIcWdob3VZU3c#gid=0

Market link:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koo.lightmanager

img.php

For more information, please go to the links as shown below:
    Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
    Original Thread
    Updated to v3.8
    - Fixed some SGN2 model cannot see one-click button to set all hex color code for Grey SGN2
    - Fixed force close on Android OS 2.1
    - Fixed MMS notification LED not working when receiving via Handcent
    - Added compatibility with WidgetLocker to disable all notification LED when screen is unlocked
    - Fixed missed call, facebook, handcent notification LED not working for some devices
    - Fixed notification LED testing section not working for some devices
    - Fixed superuser by CWM not working
    - Fixed some root required options are no accessible by some rooted devices
    - Added some missing translation text for Croatian, Russian, Slovak
    Updated to v4.0
    - Added generate notification LED when GPS is on
    - Fixed Facebook messenger notification LED for received sms/mms
    - Added function to disable toast notification when error occurs
    - Fixed force close when restore settings for some devices
    - Added some missing translation text for Portuguese
    Updated to v3.6
    - Added function to adjust LED brightness
    - Added function to adjust LED turn on time
    - Added percentage threshold for battery charged LED
    - Allow Google Voice to be added as 3rd party app in Alternating Mode
    - Added function to set hex color code back to default
    - Added set hex color code for grey color Samsung Galaxy Note II
    - Fixed some force close
    - Added some missing translation text for Croatian, Czech, Slovak, Slovenian, Hungarian, Russian, Turkish, French, Hebrew, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish

Someone reported that the notification LED colors on Grey color Samsung Galaxy Note II is a bit off. So now there is a one-click button, to set all hex color code for it. Please try that and let me know if it is working. This one-click button is in "Advanced Settings" and is only visible to Note II device.
    Updated to v3.7
    - Added function to force granting root permission for those who could not get prompt for root
    - Separate notification LED for Facebook and Facebook Messenger
    - Fix bug where no signal notification LED which is currently flashing but cannot be canceled when user disabled it
    - Fixed one-click button to set all hex color code for Grey SGN2 to be visible to SGH-I317M & SGH-T889
    - Added back up and restore function
    - Added some missing translation text for Czech, Hungarian, Italian

For those who is having problem in getting the root request prompt, you may try the newly added button to force grant root permission. Let me know if it works.