• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[APP] - Live Wallpaper Creator - FREE -

Search This thread

potter1984

Jan 11, 2009
Bristol
Hello all,

Just letting you all know about SimProduction's newest free app.

Description

With this live wallpaper, you can create your own live wallpaper out of a bunch of PNG files.

Requirements

SD card with a folder with images in this format: 1.png, 2.png, 3.png, 4.png ... #.png

Device Support

Devices that have 2.1+ are able to install this live wallpaper.

Phones that reported problems:

HTC Hero
HTC Eris
These two phones do not support live wallpapers. This is not my fault and there is nothing I can do about it.

Download me (Android only link)

FREE -

img.php

or if you'd like to donate for $1.99 (does not include any extra features):

Download me (Android only link)

Donate version -

img.php

Pictures:

lwp.png
lwp1.png

Price:

Free

Special Instructions:

To open: go to home screen > press menu > wallpaper > live wallpaper > look for this wallpaper

Change-log:

V1.0
-Release

EDIT: I have uploaded a PacMan anime i have made, please be kind :p

Just unzip and place on the root of your sdcard,

The setting i used were:

FPS = 35
Source= /sdcard/live wall
Images = 120

Edit: Have made the Androman (pacman) smaller at only 120.pngs for a faster and less cpu intensive animation.

Also if you use this in app please credit me :p

Last edited:

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
I guess I can just try it in a bit when I'm done modifiying and flashing this new rom I'm messing with, but why wouldn't the Eris work? It runs many live wallpapers when rooted... I don't really understand the requirements though as some run really well and some not at all. What are the stipulations for a nice running wallpaper?

potter1984

Jan 11, 2009
Bristol
Completely up to you as you can change FPS on the fly!!, Not sure about why it would not work, im not the Dev, just the partner lol (business partner that is!).

The images just need to be in 1.png, 2.png, 3.png... etc format, im using it with 240 images atm, and working great :p

andrew121

Apr 21, 2009
Miami
I guess I can just try it in a bit when I'm done modifiying and flashing this new rom I'm messing with, but why wouldn't the Eris work? It runs many live wallpapers when rooted... I don't really understand the requirements though as some run really well and some not at all. What are the stipulations for a nice running wallpaper?

Well, if you are rooted and know live wallpapers work on your phone, you'll know that you had to root to make it work. People that root have SOME knowledge over things, people that don't root probably know very little about their phones and therefore rate low when trying it out.

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Alrighty then. Finally had a chance to play around with this. Confirmed working on Droid Eris running CELB Froyo 1.8. No issues. Thank you so much! I've been wanting this kind of app for a long time as I did not want to go through the trouble of having to learn how to make one on my own lol. Cheers!