[APP] Lock Sound Changer

Search This thread

beanfarmer

Jul 31, 2009
Caerphilly South Wales
hay there guys im a newbie here on the forums and at android development but i have competed the public beta of my second app in one day

lock sound changer does exactly what it says on the tin it lets you change your lock sounds on any rooted android device 2.2 and up.

t.co/RrzB0XL is a shortened link to it on the market hope someone finds this useful oo also its free have fun guys and read the instructions below

copy locked.ogg and unlocked.ogg to /sdcard/locksoundchanger

any size ogg will work but it has to be ogg.

its a good idea to backup the default stock android lock and unlock sound first to before changing anything.

if your sure you have everything in the right place hit "change lock sounds" and then test it out.

lock sounds have to be enabled to check this goto
Settings > Sound > Check Lock Screen Sounds

thanks!

Mazda

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 19, 2008
I think because he's new that he's not able to post links or anything like that because of possible spam BUT here's the link to appbrain and a QR Code thingy if you want to just scan it with barcode scanner........

http://www.appbrain.com/app/lock-sound-changer/com.beanfarmersoftworks.locksoundchanger#

chart

Last edited:

devabhishek

Sep 2, 2009
pune
hay there guys im a newbie here on the forums and at android development but i have competed the public beta of my second app in one day

lock sound changer does exactly what it says on the tin it lets you change your lock sounds on any rooted android device 2.2 and up.

t.co/RrzB0XL is a shortened link to it on the market hope someone finds this useful oo also its free have fun guys and read the instructions below

its a good idea to backup the default stock android lock and unlock sound first to before changing anything.

if your sure you have everything in the right place hit "change lock sounds" and then test it out.

thanks!

waooo thanks so much dude..
i was waiting for something like this where i could change the sound of the lockscreen lock/unlock.. i was so much use to changing the sound of the unlock/lock screen on my windows phone (the samsung omnia) with a very famous app s2u2 (slide to unlock)

i am sure all the chefs will include your app in their custom roms
no doubt u made it to the highlight page on xda
u deserve a thanks

i am also attaching a few .ogg format files which you people can use
remember to rename it to locked.ogg and unlocked.ogg when you keep it in the /sdcard/locksoundchanger folder

the rar file contains the files
1)desire locked.ogg 2)desire unlocked.ogg
3)dhd locked.ogg 4)dhd unlocked.ogg
5)galaxy locked.ogg 6) galaxy unlocked.ogg

give it a try.... for me the sound works only when the device is locked (my device rooted galaxy s on GB xxjvb )

click the thanks if you want to thank me

Last edited:
Reactions: beanfarmer

Chunkmeister

May 7, 2011
Well done Beanfarmer... We need to work out why it doesn't want to run on my ZTE Blade now.... I'm tempted to go back-back to CM7 and try it again...

If not, we'll work it out in work on monday :)

Chunks

VegasEvo4G

Feb 3, 2011
Las Vegas
Sound FX!!!

What a killer idea. I found these sound effects months ago and have just had them stashed away in my "goodies" folder with the idea that eventually I would get around to trying them out. With this app, it looks like I finally can try them out with little to no effort! I have searched and searched and I cannot for the life of me find the thread where I got these to give the OP credit. Please, if someone comes across the thread with these files, quote this post and toss their name up to give them props.

This zip contains 8 cool and unique lock/unlock sounds. Again, these are not mine, just something I procured from this great community. If somebody wants to hit thanks for me posting these, fine, just please don't credit me as having created these. I'm just simply sharing something that was shared with me!!!

Thanks again for this great app.

***IDEA FOR YOUR NEXT APP... what about an app (or maybe an expansion of this one) to also change the "select" sound. My evo clicks. I've really wanted to find the sound that sounds more like a short, flat tone. Don't know how to describe it. I think it's the nexus. Just a thought!! :D

URBANsUNITED

Aug 9, 2010
Hi!

Thanks for this very nice idea. That was the app I was looking for.

But, I have only lock sounds and no unlock sounds.
Does anybody have an idea why?

Using Samsung I9000 with JVB Rom from the Romkitchen

Thanks

URBANsUNITED

Jacob1369

Apr 17, 2010
Makati
Hi OP, its cool that I was almost gonna post a question yesterday how to get this done, lo and behold you already created one... great work!

btw, I tried most of the oggs posted here. Doesn't seem to work for my DHD on RCmixHD... any thoughts on this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

thanks!
    I think because he's new that he's not able to post links or anything like that because of possible spam BUT here's the link to appbrain and a QR Code thingy if you want to just scan it with barcode scanner........

http://www.appbrain.com/app/lock-sound-changer/com.beanfarmersoftworks.locksoundchanger#

chart
    Here we go, some Star Trek OGG's including the doors and the communicator chirps.

Hit thanks if you like them!

thanks!

waooo thanks so much dude..
    i was waiting for something like this where i could change the sound of the lockscreen lock/unlock.. i was so much use to changing the sound of the unlock/lock screen on my windows phone (the samsung omnia) with a very famous app s2u2 (slide to unlock)

i am sure all the chefs will include your app in their custom roms
    no doubt u made it to the highlight page on xda
    u deserve a thanks

i am also attaching a few .ogg format files which you people can use
    remember to rename it to locked.ogg and unlocked.ogg when you keep it in the /sdcard/locksoundchanger folder

the rar file contains the files
    1)desire locked.ogg 2)desire unlocked.ogg
    3)dhd locked.ogg 4)dhd unlocked.ogg
    5)galaxy locked.ogg 6) galaxy unlocked.ogg

give it a try.... for me the sound works only when the device is locked (my device rooted galaxy s on GB xxjvb )

click the thanks if you want to thank me
    thanks for this very usefull app gona have a play now :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone