• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[APP] Make Readable Later - Adds "Share Via" functionality for Readability app

Search This thread

d0lph1nK1ng

Sep 4, 2008
Durham, NC

This functionality was missing from the Readability app for Android, so I made this free app using the Readability API for easy adding of websites to Readability.

Make Readable Later is a simple app that allows you to add websites to your Readability bookmark queue for reading later. The app authorizes with the Readability service and then provides a Share option in the Browser, Chrome for Android, and other news/RSS apps that implement the share function. This is not a fully-featured Readability client, only a simple app that provides the missing Share functionality for the official Readability app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.d0lph1nk1ng.add2readability

Attachments

• share_screen.jpg
    share_screen.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 250
  • added_screen.jpg
    added_screen.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 206
  • main_screen.jpg
    main_screen.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 186
  • authorize_screen.jpg
    authorize_screen.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 179

Killer Donut

Mar 24, 2011
I, too, prefer the way Readability (especially the standard browser-based version) parses & displays articles. It's a shame that the developers missed out on an opportunity to take advantage of the Android platform's strengths. The app doesn't seem to otherwise have been rushed out the door, so it's almost alarming to me that such an obvious omission could have been made, especially given the amount of polish otherwise present in the app.

I don't think I have enough posts to enable the "Thanks" button, so...

Thanks! :)

(Edit: Whoops, there it is... Did this being my first post enable it or did I, like a jerk, actually miss the huge button at the bottom of the post? :eek: Oh, well, lol...)

Last edited:

heyjoe66

Mar 15, 2007

I've been using ReadItLater for years and can tell one good reason to use Readability service is that it handles almost any article, while ReadItLater more often will say that it's not an article, but just your imagination
Why is this not an article?

by the way, I believe official Readability app does have Share page function. I can see it in browser's menu right now. Or am I missing something?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This functionality was missing from the Readability app for Android, so I made this free app using the Readability API for easy adding of websites to Readability.

Make Readable Later is a simple app that allows you to add websites to your Readability bookmark queue for reading later. The app authorizes with the Readability service and then provides a Share option in the Browser, Chrome for Android, and other news/RSS apps that implement the share function. This is not a fully-featured Readability client, only a simple app that provides the missing Share functionality for the official Readability app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.d0lph1nk1ng.add2readability