• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP] Material Notes

Search This thread

CrotaNexus

May 8, 2013
Rome

Material Notes

258yzjn.png

Material Notes is the first true application fully designed according to the new guidelines of Android Lollipop (Material Design)

Taking notes has never been so simple and fast: a few clicks and the note will be saved (also on the internal memory as .txt), shared or accessed by the voice synthesizer.

Features
  • Web Sync
  • Create text notes
  • Set a reminder for each note
  • Set a note as favorite
  • Set a PIN for each note
  • Save notes as txt
  • Sharing notes
  • Reading notes

Extra features
  • Set dark theme
  • Support for moving app to SD card
  • Support for Samsung multiwindows

Available

Credits
  • @Fra98, for all the images realized

To help me to the translation of the app in your language you can give your contribute here (it's free and simple).

Last edited:

BreckZeBoulay

Oct 23, 2012
Boulay in Frankreich :D
Nice and light, perfect !
Just 2 points (see attachments)
- Missing translation
- The red text for version breaks the nice design. Why not put the version number in the about section ?
It's just a personnal thinking ;)

Anyway, thanks !

EDIT :
A save button (near the lock and the star buttons) would be easier than to go into the three dots for saving the note.

If you are interested I can make the french translation.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-04-09-01-53.png
    Screenshot_2015-09-04-09-01-53.png
    59.4 KB · Views: 427
  • Screenshot_2015-09-04-09-02-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-04-09-02-02.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 431
Last edited:
Reactions: rahulbarai

CrotaNexus

May 8, 2013
Rome
hey dude you cannot underestimate just for couldn't understand, whatever, a locked note is mustn't be deleted with a slide.
Why not? Why a protected note shouldn't be canceled as another note?
Very nice app

Wysłane z mojego ASUS_Z007 przy użyciu Tapatalka
Thanks, i appreciate your feedback.

- Missing translation
- The red text for version breaks the nice design. Why not put the version number in the about section ?

Anyway, thanks !

EDIT :
A save button (near the lock and the star buttons) would be easier than to go into the three dots for saving the note.

Hi there, thanks for your feedback. In the next release i'll move Save button from options menu (three dots) to the Toolbar (like favourites and PIN icons). Version number isn't red but pink (material: #f50057). I'm sorry for the missing translation, i fixed just now and will be in the next update.

Your help to translating the app is very nice and helpful to improve Material Notes. Yes, of course, you can do it and the translation will be inserted in the next update. You can download the strings from HERE. Thanks for your time.

I was just lacking a note application, it has become immediately one of my main screen app, great ! It's effective and clean. I like it !

navYgor
Oh man, thank you very much!

Sync options would be great.

Sent from my LG-H631 using XDA Premium HD app
I'm working on it but i don't know when it'll be available.

r7vrpt.png

Guys, i'm really happy to read your positive feedbacks and suggestions. This allow me to continue the development of this application. Thanks at all!

CrotaNexus

May 8, 2013
Rome
Material Notes V1.1
- Adding the Details screen to view information on the note
- Added the ability to set an alarm for each note (click on the note > Three dots in the upper right > Details)
- Fixed a display bug with the theme light
- Support for Android 6.0 M
- Fixed some bugs reported
- minSdkVersion=14

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simonedev.materialnotes

Release changes undone
I tried to move the Save options near the other icons but seems to be chaotic and Action Bar looks too "full". I'm sorry.
French translation isn't be included in the V1.1 because i've added some other strings that need to be translated. I'm searching about a free site to manage the translation; some times ago i've used Crowding and i think that's very good but it's not free. Someone know a free (completely) alternative?

Guys, if you have some feature request you can tell me. At the moment i'm working on the widget and i hope that will be inside the next update. Thanks again for all your support.

Thanks
fast and light
Nice layout
Thanks for your feedback.

BreckZeBoulay

Oct 23, 2012
Boulay in Frankreich :D
I tried to move the Save options near the other icons but seems to be chaotic and Action Bar looks too "full". I'm sorry.

French translation isn't be included in the V1.1 because i've added some other strings that need to be translated.

I'm searching about a free site to manage the translation; some times ago i've used Crowding and i think that's very good but it's not free. Someone know a free (completely) alternative?
Replace the button ^ by the save button. For me the function ^ is useless.

Provide me the new xml

http://ackuna.com/

EDIT :
some reports concerning the detail section.
What's the use of the icon pointed with the green arrow ?
The decade of the minutes is missing (red arrow). The reminder was set at 14H03

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-10-14-02-00.png
    Screenshot_2015-09-10-14-02-00.png
    44.9 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:

CrotaNexus

May 8, 2013
Rome
Replace the button ^ by the save button. For me the function ^ is useless.
Probably this is the only solution to insert Save options near the other icons.

Provide me the new xml
I've started a project on ackuna.com: http://ackuna.com/translate-/material-notes. I didn't know this site but seems to be good (also if i prefer Crowdin). Thanks for the tip.

What's the use of the icon pointed with the green arrow ?
The first voice of Details screen refer to the creation date of the note. Since you have created the note before of this update you don't show anything; delete and re-create the note (cut and paste) and you'll show the data correctly.
The decade of the minutes is missing (red arrow). The reminder was set at 14H03
Yes, this is a little "problem" that will be fixed in the next release. Anyway, also if isn't showing, the time is set to 14.03. Sorry for this issue.

Update: this problem has been just fixed.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Material Notes

258yzjn.png

Material Notes is the first true application fully designed according to the new guidelines of Android Lollipop (Material Design)

Taking notes has never been so simple and fast: a few clicks and the note will be saved (also on the internal memory as .txt), shared or accessed by the voice synthesizer.

Features
    • Web Sync
    • Create text notes
    • Set a reminder for each note
    • Set a note as favorite
    • Set a PIN for each note
    • Save notes as txt
    • Sharing notes
    • Reading notes

Extra features
    • Set dark theme
    • Support for moving app to SD card
    • Support for Samsung multiwindows

Available

Credits
    • @Fra98, for all the images realized

To help me to the translation of the app in your language you can give your contribute here (it's free and simple).

hey dude you cannot underestimate just for couldn't understand, whatever, a locked note is mustn't be deleted with a slide.
    Why not? Why a protected note shouldn't be canceled as another note?
    Very nice app

Wysłane z mojego ASUS_Z007 przy użyciu Tapatalka
    Thanks, i appreciate your feedback.

- Missing translation

Anyway, thanks !

EDIT :

Hi there, thanks for your feedback. In the next release i'll move Save button from options menu (three dots) to the Toolbar (like favourites and PIN icons). Version number isn't red but pink (material: #f50057). I'm sorry for the missing translation, i fixed just now and will be in the next update.

Your help to translating the app is very nice and helpful to improve Material Notes. Yes, of course, you can do it and the translation will be inserted in the next update. You can download the strings from HERE. Thanks for your time.

I was just lacking a note application, it has become immediately one of my main screen app, great ! It's effective and clean. I like it !

navYgor
    Oh man, thank you very much!

Sync options would be great.

Sent from my LG-H631 using XDA Premium HD app
    I'm working on it but i don't know when it'll be available.

r7vrpt.png

Guys, i'm really happy to read your positive feedbacks and suggestions. This allow me to continue the development of this application. Thanks at all!
    Reserved for future use.
    - Missing translation

Anyway, thanks !

EDIT :

Awesome work bro really awesome .
    I've been searching for such an app since I flashed CM12.
    Thank you
    Thanks for your feedback.

Material Notes V1.2
    - Material Notes Web Sync
    - Fixed many bugs
    - Many improvements

To use Web Sync you must been registered and logged into Material Notes. To see your notes synchronized login here: http://www.simonedev.altervista.org/material_notes. I hope to read some feedbacks about the new feature.

To more information about V1.2 update please read here: http://simonedev.blogspot.it/2015/09/material-notes-v12.html (use Translator tool to translate the article in your language).

Download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simonedev.materialnotes.