• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][Material You][5.0+] No'Me Launcher Manager/Switcher

Search This thread

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
rgocal.github.io
So, Your in the market for a new launcher app replacement? GCA Launcher? Lawnchair? Nova Launcher? Action Launcher? Pear Launcher? So many choices? Maybe your that guy/gal who switches launchers for certain profiles or environments. A question remains as you make your choice, is their an easy way to switch to my favorite launcher and is there a way to manage them more easily than what the android os provides? Well, I may have an answer!

August 2 2021 : Material You Update

The brand new Material You update is live! Let's talk about the major changes. No'Me's user interface is relatively the same. I've made some adjustments to padding, elevation, and graphical adjustments. Material You has been embedded in the app with the Monet Library so everyone can enjoy it and not just android 12 folk.

The user interface has been cleaned up. The Bottom animated bottombar shows users which tab they are on while being embedded inside a bottombar to hold the Fab in place. It was abit tricky to accomplish but the results were flawless. Pressing on the tabs or fab will return you to that tab while swiping is an option. The toolbar will tell you which tab your on and tell you your default launcher on the main page. Launcher manager internal settings can be accessed from the toolbar. Be sure to accept the permissions on startup to get good results for Monet. It behaves just like any wallpaper modifications requiring external permission.

The main page has been repolished to have less but more going on. Just a simple list of information regarding your default launcher. (Install time, last update, permissions, activities, services, providers, etc) Just like last time but neater. Instead of a bunch of janky views, we use a custom preference like list view i built for this accasion. It has a tendency to re render its data when you scroll so keep an eye on that.

The settings tab has been repolished. Again, with the new list view in place. it displays all the boring information about No'Me and now displays information for rooted users using magisk. This is important for later.

The launcher tab has been completely rebuilt with a neater interface. All the launchers installed are grayscaled while the active launcher icon is highlighted. Long clicking on a launcher will bring up system actions (about, share, uninstall, etc) and a new option called favorite! This favorite list can be accessed from the settings tab and for people who want to keeps tabs on a launcher but without having it installed. Once you favorite a launcher, it's stored in a list and will open its playstore link. Clicking on a launcher will open its stats sheet. This sheet will basically allow users inspect a launcher before they even start using it. There's 3 actions available. Quick Launch, Points and Battery Opt. Quick launch allows users to briefly launch the launcher to check it out without setting it as default. Like launching it like a normal app. Battery Opt will simply detect if it's battery optimized and allow you to change that. Points is a new logic i designed. Let's say your new to Android and the launcher scene. You want to try a new launcher but you don't know what's safe. The points system basically grades a launcher based on its title, permissions used and the amount of background services list in the app manifest. The less points, the safer it is. I may buff or nerf these points in the future.

No'Me is also compatible with Magisk Module, Quick Switch. No'Me will "try" to identify launchers compatible with quick switch by looking at a specific touch provider. This information only shows if your on android 9 and have quick switch installed. If the launcher might be compatible, it'll show a "Play" icon beside the Battery Opt action. If it's not compatible, it'll show a "Stop" icon. This action is only shown when QS is installed in the system. We are leaving the era of Quick switch but il continue supporting it.

Like all my apps, it supports an in-app donation feature to support my work in development. No'Me is a completely free app.

Hope you all enjoy.

Google Play : Download

The below shots are taken from Android S preview with only the Pixel Launcher installed. If gives you an idea what No'Me is capable of doing now when put in a position of having multiple launchers installed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1628014109.png
    Screenshot_1628014109.png
    197.2 KB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot_1628014113.png
    Screenshot_1628014113.png
    312.5 KB · Views: 80
  • Screenshot_1628014121.png
    Screenshot_1628014121.png
    163.8 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_1628014125.png
    Screenshot_1628014125.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot_1628014129.png
    Screenshot_1628014129.png
    252 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot_1628014134.png
    Screenshot_1628014134.png
    61.1 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
rgocal.github.io
Publishing a hotfix for an embarrassing bug where No'Me tries stating certain builds of Lawnchair is not supported by Quickswitch so that will be up soon.

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
rgocal.github.io
Just published an update on Google Play and already live on Labs (probably last one for awhile unless i start getting feedback)
-Fixed a bug that would crash the app if backing out of a donation or selecting a new one
-Updated the logic for the launcher manager menu actions (Sometimes, wrong actions were available for system launchers)
-Updated modules and libraries

dd66

Jun 30, 2008
Paris
Nice find!
What I miss a lot when switching launchers is a way to import configuration from previous one. Is there a plan to implement this functionnality?
Thanks!

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
rgocal.github.io
Nice find!
What I miss a lot when switching launchers is a way to import configuration from previous one. Is there a plan to implement this functionnality?
Thanks!

Most of the premium launchers should already offer an import feature (for compatible configurations) but some launchers may not be compatible with previous configurations and its a gray area. For example Nova launcher configurations are not compatible with my launcher (GCA) so users are offered an opportunity to start fresh.

Another blemish is apps cant access shared preferences from another app without root and i dont really wanna walk into that territory.

If a launcher stores something in its private directory or its res folder , i could essentially find it and list it but not all launchers work that way.

Reactions: dd66

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
rgocal.github.io
End of the year patches have been published this week. These patches included the following changes

-Android 11 optimization (style changes and maintenance)
-Pre Android 10 maintenance (Android Shortcut Manager fixes, Style and general fixes)
-A fix to the Launcher list inflater (Progressbar would not show properly)
-A fix to launcher icon rendering (Context not properly initialized)
-A fix to the launcher list receiver (When putting the app in standby or exiting may cause crashes)
-Shortcut Manager not properly generating the shortcuts correctly
-A fix to the donations list
-Updated dependencies
-Updated Kotlin plugin
-General cleanup

Im not sure if the updated changes to Magisk affects how Quick Switch works and the compatibility with No'Me so if you run into not accurate info on the Quick Switch properties, let me know as I do not have an unlocked device anymore.

Thank-you for using No'Me!

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
rgocal.github.io
wow, 7 Months... it's been awhile.

Some important news coming soon. No'Me is getting its android 12 ready update soon. In this update, The user interface will be polished up to fix some issues we discovered along the way and fix some things that just don't sit well. The app will be integrated with Monet library (Android 12 theme backport" so everyone can enjoy a really nice and up to date interface! The Manager tab will be cleaner and provide some extra info for users on their daily launcher. The settings tab will be alot more cleaner and allow detecting root and magisk alittle more in depth (this is used to determine if Quick Switch capabilites for the launcher is TRUE). They'll be a few new toggles to help manage switching easier. The manager tab will have a cleaner interface as well that's more up to snuff to standards of material design while playing a bigger part for newer features.

Along side the release, an open source variant will be released on my github to allow the community to possibly add onto the launcher manager to make it better or hold the key of adding the manager app to custom roms. I've held onto this app for to many years and it's time to move onto bigger things.

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
rgocal.github.io
A pre beta of the Material You update has been published on Google Play! A few bugs to work out but should be resolved in the next few days

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, Your in the market for a new launcher app replacement? GCA Launcher? Lawnchair? Nova Launcher? Action Launcher? Pear Launcher? So many choices? Maybe your that guy/gal who switches launchers for certain profiles or environments. A question remains as you make your choice, is their an easy way to switch to my favorite launcher and is there a way to manage them more easily than what the android os provides? Well, I may have an answer!

August 2 2021 : Material You Update

The brand new Material You update is live! Let's talk about the major changes. No'Me's user interface is relatively the same. I've made some adjustments to padding, elevation, and graphical adjustments. Material You has been embedded in the app with the Monet Library so everyone can enjoy it and not just android 12 folk.

The user interface has been cleaned up. The Bottom animated bottombar shows users which tab they are on while being embedded inside a bottombar to hold the Fab in place. It was abit tricky to accomplish but the results were flawless. Pressing on the tabs or fab will return you to that tab while swiping is an option. The toolbar will tell you which tab your on and tell you your default launcher on the main page. Launcher manager internal settings can be accessed from the toolbar. Be sure to accept the permissions on startup to get good results for Monet. It behaves just like any wallpaper modifications requiring external permission.

The main page has been repolished to have less but more going on. Just a simple list of information regarding your default launcher. (Install time, last update, permissions, activities, services, providers, etc) Just like last time but neater. Instead of a bunch of janky views, we use a custom preference like list view i built for this accasion. It has a tendency to re render its data when you scroll so keep an eye on that.

The settings tab has been repolished. Again, with the new list view in place. it displays all the boring information about No'Me and now displays information for rooted users using magisk. This is important for later.

The launcher tab has been completely rebuilt with a neater interface. All the launchers installed are grayscaled while the active launcher icon is highlighted. Long clicking on a launcher will bring up system actions (about, share, uninstall, etc) and a new option called favorite! This favorite list can be accessed from the settings tab and for people who want to keeps tabs on a launcher but without having it installed. Once you favorite a launcher, it's stored in a list and will open its playstore link. Clicking on a launcher will open its stats sheet. This sheet will basically allow users inspect a launcher before they even start using it. There's 3 actions available. Quick Launch, Points and Battery Opt. Quick launch allows users to briefly launch the launcher to check it out without setting it as default. Like launching it like a normal app. Battery Opt will simply detect if it's battery optimized and allow you to change that. Points is a new logic i designed. Let's say your new to Android and the launcher scene. You want to try a new launcher but you don't know what's safe. The points system basically grades a launcher based on its title, permissions used and the amount of background services list in the app manifest. The less points, the safer it is. I may buff or nerf these points in the future.

No'Me is also compatible with Magisk Module, Quick Switch. No'Me will "try" to identify launchers compatible with quick switch by looking at a specific touch provider. This information only shows if your on android 9 and have quick switch installed. If the launcher might be compatible, it'll show a "Play" icon beside the Battery Opt action. If it's not compatible, it'll show a "Stop" icon. This action is only shown when QS is installed in the system. We are leaving the era of Quick switch but il continue supporting it.

Like all my apps, it supports an in-app donation feature to support my work in development. No'Me is a completely free app.

Hope you all enjoy.

Google Play : Download

The below shots are taken from Android S preview with only the Pixel Launcher installed. If gives you an idea what No'Me is capable of doing now when put in a position of having multiple launchers installed.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Nice find!
    Thanks!

Most of the premium launchers should already offer an import feature (for compatible configurations) but some launchers may not be compatible with previous configurations and its a gray area. For example Nova launcher configurations are not compatible with my launcher (GCA) so users are offered an opportunity to start fresh.

Another blemish is apps cant access shared preferences from another app without root and i dont really wanna walk into that territory.

If a launcher stores something in its private directory or its res folder , i could essentially find it and list it but not all launchers work that way.