[APP] [MI 5] [MIUI 10 Oreo 8.0] CameraX V2 -Google Camera with Front Portrait Working

Search This thread

NikitoGR

Jul 17, 2012
Athens
www.linkedin.com
Thank you for the gcam.

I have issues making the preview lag, slow mo lags a lot and it acts like a stop motion.

I get a choppy vid with many autofocus and also 60fps doesn't seem to work....

Is it known or it is an issue in my side?

Gemini with V2 on miui10. Tried to delete cache and data.

alone_in_dark

Recognized Themer
Oct 2, 2012
Chittagong
Thank you for the gcam.

I have issues making the preview lag, slow mo lags a lot and it acts like a stop motion.

I get a choppy vid with many autofocus and also 60fps doesn't seem to work....

Is it known or it is an issue in my side?

Gemini with V2 on miui10. Tried to delete cache and data.

Slow mo of gcam needs a patch. It breaks original slow mo. I wouldn't suggest using slow mo of gcam.

why the background blur of back camera is not good enough like the front camera ?? suggest me the config please.

No config. Rear camera of gcam doesn't blur background like front camera because of distance. If you take close shot, you'll get blur like front camera.

ponemania82

Aug 26, 2012
but nobody is able to create a tool, as it exists for mi a1, which can enable API 2, without Root and without unlocking the bootloader?
I have a Mac as a computer, and I have a lot of difficulty in enabling them, on Windows it's much simpler

Last edited:

jonas556440

Oct 17, 2018
slow motion

Ho guys,thank you for sharing the apk. I'm in mi5 MIUI 10 8.7.19 and slow motion always makes the app crash...is somebody facing the same problem?

ckarv

Dec 7, 2012
What are the modifications needed to make the arnova app work with miui (except for the Camera2 api and front camera fix)? I'd be interested in looking into the latest gcam 6.1 version now available, but not for miui.

ckarv

Dec 7, 2012
MGC 6.1 i think only android pie.

Interesting, do you have a source for this? I was able to get the latest version (6.1 beta2) to work, but some features are still broken, and front camera upside down.

I'm on MIUI10, and MI5.

Edit: Latest 6.1 beta by Arnova now supports mi 5 on lineage is 15.1 (Oreo 8.1), so it's not Pie only.

Last edited:

nazmul93

May 31, 2016
Dhaka
In V2, Landscape portrait works fine but in selfie it is rotated by 180 degree both original and blurred image.
Can you please work on latest pixel2mod or any latest gcam ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Google Camera For MI 5 MIUI OREO

Finally.... I've fixed Portrait Mode for MI 5 MIUI 9/10 Oreo 8.0...
    Hope it will work for other Oreo Based Roms that have Front Portrait Issue.

It's based on Arnova8G2's Pixel3Mod...
    I have renamed the modified camera. You can Install it with any other Google camera mods.

.: Download Link :.

.: Version 1 :.

.: Version 2 :.

Prerequisite:
    Camera 2 Api and Mi5 Front Camera FIX (attached below, flash through TWRP)

Changelog:
    Version 1 :
    * Based on Arnova8G2's Pixel2 Mod V6
    * Fixed Front Camera Portrait Mode For MI 5 MIUI 9 Oreo 8.0

Version 2 :
    * Based on Arnova8G2's Pixel 3 Mod
    * Option to Disable zoom for Portrait

Credits:
    @Arnova8G2 for porting Google camera for Mi 5
    Version 2 based on Pixel3Mod released with option to disable zoom in portrait mode. Downlod from 1st page
    Can you fix the latest Pixel3Mod from Arnova8G2's port ?

I'll try. Pixel3Mod's code is almost fully changed from Pixel2mod. It makes the process hard.
    If the portrait mode on the front camera to include retouching, then the photos do not turn over.

Yes, Like Nougat, Portrait mode works but pic is upside down if face retouching is ON. I am trying to find codes related with it.
    Hello brother does it work on MI5 MIUI beta rom based on android 8.0 ?

Yes.. I have mainly fixed it for that..
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone