Push Notification Testerend,
My favourite method to "purge google" is an adb debloater. No need to unlock bootloader or root.
the same argument can be made about microg in general: if u truly want a Google free phone don't use any google services at all. The reason I consider going back to microg is primarily battery drain issues with Google services right now.
Read on. They cant get it to work
There is no really good alternative to Google voice typing. And it's definitively not part of microG.Hey folks ...joining this party late. But wanna know if
--Micro G supports Good Voice typing on Android 10 or if not then what alternatives do fellas have
--- I am on a Non Custa(om Rooted ( aka) stock ROM. I gotto remove Gapps using some magisk mod to get this running. What risks do I face from your val. exp?
This problem never got fixed for me, even after several clean flashes and ROM changes ('m using LineageOS 18.1 for MicroG now) the issue is still there.I've clean flashed LOS17.1 in the weekend, patched it for signature spoofing, and then:
After this I didn't get any app to get network provided location. [...]. All of these problems were not found on the same set of apps before the clean flash, on older LOS17.1 and microG builds.
- Installed GMSCore 0.2.15, DroidGuard Helper, Services Framework Proxy through F-Droid
- Installed FakeStore
- Installed Mozilla, Apple, Deja Vu NLPs
- Installed Nominatim Geocoder Backend
- Enabled modules in points 2 and 3
- Got everything to be ticked in MicorG's self check
Tried to fix those issues doing the following:
Network provided location seems to randomly work at times, once every ~10 nonconsecutive tentatives I'd say. I could not notice any action or condition triggering it to work. Funnily enough the "latest known location" entry in every NLP module settings page is actually correct, but since I'm not moving much (covid) I don't know how updated it is.
- Flashed microG Installer Revived in Magisk to move everything to /system/priv-app/ (this updated microG to 0.2.16) -> did not fix
- Updated to version 0.2.17 through F-Droid -> did not fix
- Tried turning off/on NLP modules in microG settings to check if some of them is causing problems -> did not fix
- Flashed the Maps v1 flashable zip from GitHub -> did not fix
- Flashed the Maps v1 Magisk flashable zip provided in this repo fork -> did not fix
You only need half of that. You don't need magisk. You don't need a flashable microG installer. It's only needed to make microG a system app. And system app is only needed for network location provider to register.
You need service core and gsfProxy and fake store from microG repo and give them spoofing permission
Do you mean it wont install and open at all?