[APP] MIUI Weather released FREE for all! [03/09/2011]

Search This thread

mmegalodon

Aug 14, 2010
The widget? Is it displaying some default city at least? And when manually searching and adding location does it seem to take it? If its still displaying some default location try tapping the widget ... some taps will open other things, but one basically refreshes it. Not sure if that's what you mean by 'not displaying.'

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

graffitilost

Nov 26, 2009
Pdx Or
sorry i can search and find my state and all but on the widget it says no weather information i tap it then it opens then it gos to the screen were it would desplay the weather, but it just syas no weather data click refresh to try agian

Mellexx

Aug 19, 2010
Albany, New York
2f8studios.tk
I'm stuck with no weather data and upon trying to refresh it comes up with network unavailable please try again and I'm 110% positive my network and data are working. Still haven't gotten it to work since last night, any ideas?

mmegalodon

Aug 14, 2010
Huh, just reinstalled mine and I'm getting the same error. Doesn't appear to be working ...

Gonna try to find the thread in the Android Apps / Games section. Maybe its no longer working? Though, from the xda app it doesn't appear to remember my saved thread ... so I guess ill have to do a quick search. I stopped using, and ad a result stopped following, but I'd hate to think its not longer working.

edit: I get the impression that the other thread has been closed ... looking like it's no longer supported ... you could try PMing 'scott,' the OP.

Guess I missed something happening.

Last edited:

mmegalodon

Aug 14, 2010
Kind if a bummer, was thinking the other day I'd reinstall it. Always liked the look but started using another weather app. :sadface:

mmegalodon

Aug 14, 2010
Indeed. Sexy looking Widgets. Sent dude a PM just in case, to get a definitive answer on the matter. The fact the other thread appears closed seems to suggest as much.

scook179351

May 11, 2011
I did what the op said to and I still get a "network unavailable, please try again" error. There is a com.miui.weather db file and the city that I am in is listed there. Permissions are set the same as the op for both files. Not sure where to go from here.

mmegalodon

Aug 14, 2010
The app is no longer supported. Unfortunately it wont work. :(

scook179351

May 11, 2011
Ok, thank you for the quick reply. To bad though, I liked this one the best of all the weather apps. Small and simple.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Finally after much demand we are pleased to bring you the first BETA of MIUI Weather.

Please select the correct apk before downloading, the American apks are split by STATE due to the complex size of the databases and SQLite not being able to handle the larger size. We recommend adb to push the apk to your device, additionally you may need to push the miui_city.db to your device to the following location if you experience issues such as FC! copy miui_city.db from the 'raw' folder to: /data/data/com.miui.weather/databases/

Further help & support available at http://miui-dev.com forums!

http://www.miui-dev.com/miui-weather/

http://www.miui-dev.com/forums/showthread.php?3870-MIUI-DEV-WEATHER-Help-amp-Support

BETA of MIUI Weather.

European APK #1

American APK #1 (States AA to FM)

American APK #2 (States GA to MA)

American APK #3 (States MD to NJ)

American APK #4 (States NM to SC)

American APK #5 (States SD to WY)

63ccd2e4-8b54-5b1b.jpg
    63ccd2e4-8b82-04db.jpg

63ccd2e4-8b9b-d080.jpg
    iQhH5.jpg

TSeGf.jpg
    yTi5T.jpg

ZpFz6.jpg
    tkxYH.jpg

2BkbY.jpg
    UJXHs.jpg

shvMc.jpg
    USqd2.jpg

If you like the app please thank me for the post.....
    But thank the guys from Miui-Dev for the Build
    Miui weather walk through thanks to "Nismo450Z"

step by step using root explorer thanks stiffspliff ~~ Miui-dev.com

move miuiweather.apk to sdcard
    open root explorer and navigate to /sdcard
    long press on miuiweather.apk and hit COPY
    navigate to /system/app
    hit menu - PASTE (if it says you can't because its read only, hit the top right button mount r/w, then paste)
    longpress on the miuiweather.apk in /system/app
    select permissions
    make checkboxes look like following: (where x indicates check, 0 indicates unchecked)
    Read Write Execute
    X ---- X ---- 0
    X ---- 0 -----0
    X ---- 0 ----0

(all three checkmarks in first column, first checkmark in second column)

same thing with the db file, except instead of /system/app, navigate to /data/data/com.miui.weather/databases/ to paste it
    and permissions should look like this
    X ---- X ---- 0
    X ---- X -----0
    0 ---- 0 ----0

you SHOULDNT "install" anything, just move the files to the proper places with proper permissions, and reboot.

Directions came from stiffspliff for this type of install please
    note all credit for this app goes to Http://www.miui-dev.com and there great developers...

After down click thanks then reply with a screen shot... Thanks Guys
    Huh, just reinstalled mine and I'm getting the same error. Doesn't appear to be working ...

Gonna try to find the thread in the Android Apps / Games section. Maybe its no longer working? Though, from the xda app it doesn't appear to remember my saved thread ... so I guess ill have to do a quick search. I stopped using, and ad a result stopped following, but I'd hate to think its not longer working.

edit: I get the impression that the other thread has been closed ... looking like it's no longer supported ... you could try PMing 'scott,' the OP.

Guess I missed something happening.

hmm on terminal install miui_weather.apk /system/app/miui_weather.apk ...

Its ok, start 10 sec. later crash -.-

hit up stiff @ http://www.miui-dev.com
    That is, I was looking forward to using it myself