[App] Mobile Shopping List v1.5

Search This thread
G

GuestK00104

I have created a simple shopping list application with HTC Sense Interface Style.
It's the first application I post in xda-developers.
All suggestions are welcomed.

Thank you very much eboelzner shared his Sense Interface SDK.
This application is built upon Sense Interface SDK.

Thank you very much the AlphaMobileControls at CodePlex.

Thank you very much stickfigure design the application icon.

Changelog:
  • v1.0 - 08-Aug-2010
    * Initial Release
  • v1.1 - 21-Aug-2010
    * [Bugfix] Context Menu doesn't Popup when the list go long
    * [Feature] Delete All Items Function
    * [Feature] Delete Completed Items Function
    * [Feature] About Form
  • v1.2 - 11-Sep-2010
    * [Feature] Product Master List
    * [Feature] Pick Shopping Item from Product Master
    * [Request] Keeps data file when updating program
    * [Request] Determine if Prerequisites installed during Program Startup
  • v1.3 - 17-Sep-2010
    * [Bugfix] Exception w/ message [ShoppingItem,UK_ShoppingItem_SortOrder]
    * [Feature] Shops Master List
    * [To Do] Include HTC fonts for Non-HTC devices
  • v1.3a - 20-Sep-2010
    * [Bugfix] Exception w/ message [Index Name = UK_ProductGroup_GroupName,Column = GroupName]
  • v1.4 - 24-Sep-2010
    * [Feature] View Options - Checked items
    * [Feature] View Options - Sorting
    * [Feature] View Options - Grouping
  • v1.5 - 02-Jan-2011
    * [To Do] Change Application Icon

Prerequisite:

Downloads:

Screenshots:
479dc5db40684bdacacee9adfa24e7bf6g.jpg
ae2b0fd4b35ace1321239d51e4edb6306g.jpg
560d87f2194041fea5a877261ec64c006g.jpg
b34885e16264a4fb6b02e7e5c716881c6g.jpg
78c13a84cf46b729701f8f02c82b74ca6g.jpg
594107f09997e70a64594c5ad1788ef66g.jpg
7805124d869c623009c75e080e2e4a8c6g.jpg
895f135ed200723e750c615e79a4b3d86g.jpg
a6fc572e018fcd40be51d48d4fbacdc46g.jpg
babe8fa2192e69d8deecaf3685967e2f6g.jpg

Last edited:

boggsie

Oct 12, 2007
Columbus
It is actually a very straightforward application in the sense style. First line is an edit field where you type in your list item and press on a button to add the item to your list.

Once an item is on the list you have a check box. If you check the box, presumably you have purchased the item.

There are three filters. One to display all items, one to display items that are checked and one to display items that have not been checked.

SQL CE Compact 3.5 SP2 attached.

Best regards,
-boggsie

Attachments

• sqlce.ppc.wce5.armv4i.CAB
    745.8 KB · Views: 186

sergiorus

Sep 7, 2008
Tallinn
Screenshots

201008080429230000111g.jpg
201008080432440005111g.jpg
201008080433030006111g.jpg

I think, need an option to clear all list.

PS Sometimes, if list is long, long tap menu don't work

PPS Dont know what i ve done, but now i have message "Cant add item to database" ))

Last edited:
G

GuestK00104

Thanks boggsie posting the SQL Compact cab file.
Because I wonder whether I can distribute MS software in a forums, I didn't post the attachement. Once I have privilege to post external link, I will add link to download SQL Compact in the first post.

G

GuestK00104

Thanks sergiorus testing my application and the screenshots.
For the errors you found, would you mind please send me the log file "MobileShoppingList.log" which inside the application folder to me for investigation.

G

GuestK00104

Bugs
1. Sometimes, if list is long, long tap menu don't work
--> I can reproduce this issue, bug fixed.
2. Dont know what i ve done, but now i have message "Cant add item to database"
--> Cannot reproduce, may require the log file for investigation.

Requests
1. I think, need an option to clear all list.
--> Clarification required. Do you mean delete all items? or Uncheck all checked items?

As a new user, how can I quote the reply message?
How can I become a user without such restrictions?

sergiorus

Sep 7, 2008
Tallinn
2. Dont know what i ve done, but now i have message "Cant add item to database"
--> Cannot reproduce, may require the log file for investigation.
I think, problem was because i didnt restarted device after installing Microsoft SQL Server. Now also cannot reproduce this bug. Log attached

Requests
1. I think, need an option to clear all list.
--> Clarification required. Do you mean delete all items? or Uncheck all checked items?
I meant "Delete all items" option

Attachments

• MobileShoppingList.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
G

GuestK00104

Mobile Shopping List v1.1 Released

Mobile Shopping List v1.1 Released
* [Bugfix] Context Menu doesn't Popup when the list go long
* [Feature] Delete All Items Function
* [Feature] Delete Completed Items Function
* [Feature] About Form

All suggestions are welcomed.

Last edited:
G

GuestK00104

strange, but app doesn't start on my htc mega (qvga)
Have you installed the prerequisite SQL Compact 3.5? (Download link posted in #1)

There should be a log file inside the application directory which records errors occurred.
If you don't mind, you can send the log file to me (Private message) for investigation.

G

GuestK00104

94 downloads for v1.1 program. Any feedback for me to evolve the program to 1.2?

Thanks

wheresmybeaver

Jul 24, 2008
94 downloads for v1.1 program. Any feedback for me to evolve the program to 1.2?

Thanks

Hi,

App looks good but the installation stopped me in my tracks.

I downloaded the SQL Compact 3.5 as linked in the first post, but all it did was install a load of files and folders to my Program Files folder on my laptop. It didn't install anything to my Topaz, and there didn't seem to be anything obvious to choose from in the Program Files folder. After copying the cab for the main app across, it obviously wouldn't run (I assume because the SQL thing didn't get installed).

I'm not the biggest noob around here (at least I hope not), but I found the installation too difficult. Would it be possible for the app to check for prerequisites on first run, and ideally download the necessary cabs? Or could you provide a download link here to a CAB for the prerequisite? As opposed to a 22mb MSI file that doesn't even create a Start Menu entry!

Would still like to try it if I can get it working ;-)

G

GuestK00104

Hi,

App looks good but the installation stopped me in my tracks.

I downloaded the SQL Compact 3.5 as linked in the first post, but all it did was install a load of files and folders to my Program Files folder on my laptop. It didn't install anything to my Topaz, and there didn't seem to be anything obvious to choose from in the Program Files folder. After copying the cab for the main app across, it obviously wouldn't run (I assume because the SQL thing didn't get installed).

I'm not the biggest noob around here (at least I hope not), but I found the installation too difficult. Would it be possible for the app to check for prerequisites on first run, and ideally download the necessary cabs? Or could you provide a download link here to a CAB for the prerequisite? As opposed to a 22mb MSI file that doesn't even create a Start Menu entry!

Would still like to try it if I can get it working ;-)
Thank you for your feedback.

I attached the SQL Server Compact Edition SP2 cab file in the attachment section and changed the prerequisite download link to download the attachment.

Welcome to try the application again.

wheresmybeaver

Jul 24, 2008
Thanks, works now after installing the prerequisite.

Performs as expected, no bugs or anything that I've noticed. Compared to the other shopping list-type apps that I've tried it's pretty good; it's nice and simple. I suppose if you wanted to develop it further you could have multiple lists (eg Groceries, Pharmacy, etc). But from my point of view it would be important that you can still just load up the app and start adding items straight away.

Is there any way that the startup time of the app can be improved, or is that just down to the SQL and the platform? At the moment it takes a bit longer to startup on my Topaz than it's nearest competitor (Winmo's built-in Notes). Perhaps an option in the Menu to minimise, as opposed to exit? so that it's still running in the background and it can be picked from the task manager? This way it encourages users to leave it running in the background so that startup is quicker.

Anyway really like the app, thanks a mill!

valen2811

Nov 12, 2008
Hi, does it has autosort function of items (items I have bought go down of list)

Last edited:

Heart1010

Jan 27, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G
feature wish: A "masterlist" where you can store all your favorite products would be nice so that you don't have to write the same again and again to have a new shopping list.

Just go into your product list and tap your needed products and you have the shopping list finished.

G

GuestK00104

Thanks, works now after installing the prerequisite.

Performs as expected, no bugs or anything that I've noticed. Compared to the other shopping list-type apps that I've tried it's pretty good; it's nice and simple. I suppose if you wanted to develop it further you could have multiple lists (eg Groceries, Pharmacy, etc). But from my point of view it would be important that you can still just load up the app and start adding items straight away.

Is there any way that the startup time of the app can be improved, or is that just down to the SQL and the platform? At the moment it takes a bit longer to startup on my Topaz than it's nearest competitor (Winmo's built-in Notes). Perhaps an option in the Menu to minimise, as opposed to exit? so that it's still running in the background and it can be picked from the task manager? This way it encourages users to leave it running in the background so that startup is quicker.

Anyway really like the app, thanks a mill!
wheresmybeaver, Thank you for your feedback.

I considered your suggestions,
1. Multiple shopping lists (eg Groceries, Pharmacy, etc) --> I will develop a Shop Master List function to allow user to group shopping items by different shops.

2. I will try to improve the startup time of the program.

3. Funtion to minimize the program --> Actually if you tap on the X/OK button at the upper right corner, the program should be minimized. It's one of the WM default feature.