[APP][MOD][ICS+] WhatsApp Holo

Search This thread

ruqqq

Oct 12, 2008
Hi guys,

I've tried the WhatsApp PLUS mod but I was unhappy with the fact that it's Holo theme is not according to the same design we see in core ICS apps -- I love the simplicity of the looks. So I decided to mod WhatsApp and make it really Holo-fied. It's not a theme. It's a real Holo app.

Features:
  • Holo Design
  • Hardware Accelerated (No more stuttery scroll!)

Cons/Bugs:
  • No "Search" function for Conversations and within Conversation
  • Broadcast Page is still not Holo-fied
  • Emoji popup arrow is on the wrong place
  • You tell me!

I don't have time to post screenshots right now, hopefully kind souls can help me take a before and after screenshot of the mod. ;)

Instructions:
1. Backup your WhatsApp messages
2. Uninstall your WhatsApp on the device
3. Install my awesome Holo WhatsApp from the link below
4. If you would like to support me, download Nine and Upgrade to Pro!
5. ENJOY!

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nwnn8zxbim2s80q/WhatsApp_2.8.5732_Holo-1.0.apk

Last edited:

frenzyboi

May 11, 2012
From dev Twitter :p

A4wV7X9CYAAvbwC.png

Reactions: roshga

ekowanz

May 5, 2009
Thx a lot.... Its pure holo now. And ive been a pro user of your nine

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

badazz_monkey

Jun 8, 2010
ATL
Looking good, is it possible to have display picture instead of whatsapp icon in conversion screen?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

AllSeeyinEye

Dec 16, 2011
Installed it, tried it, but besides the menu bar, I couldn't discover the holo part. So it was back to WhatsApp Plus for me.

Will follow development, though.

Sent from my GT-I9100

ruqqq

Oct 12, 2008
If you're not interested in Holo design, you won't find anything beneficial with this mod. ;)

AllSeeyinEye

Dec 16, 2011
If you're not interested in Holo design, you won't find anything beneficial with this mod. ;)
I suspect you're replying to my post.

I am interested in a Holo design. But Holo is more than just a menubar. Holo has (light or dark) square pop ups, square menu's and so on. Furthermore there is no green nor some sea water blueish color in Holo.

For real Holo, have a look at the CM9 message apk (Holo light) or just Google some true Holo themed apps.

Reactions: antonio1475

antonio1475

May 29, 2010

I am interested in a Holo design. But Holo is more than just a menubar. Holo has (light or dark) square pop ups, square menu's and so on. Furthermore there is no green nor some sea water blueish color in Holo.

For real Holo, have a look at the CM9 message apk (Holo light) or just Google some true Holo themed apps.

+1

arctu, I really appreciate your work (haven't tested yet but I can already thank you although I use WhatsApp Plus), but I'm sure you can go further as AllSeeinEye says.

I'll be taking a look at this periodically! Good work

:)

davidrome

Feb 5, 2012
great work! it should show contact photo, blue (holo) marks and a little more polish holo interface

ruqqq

Oct 12, 2008

I'm not sure why you're putting up an argument, sir. Maybe I didn't phrase my reply proper. Apologies for that. What I just meant was, if you don't like the mod, feel free to skip it and go back to using whatsapp plus. No problem with that. ;)

Anyway, this is isn't a complete holo mod and won't be due to complications. The idea is just to turn the app into a native holo app instead of a themed Holo app ala WhatsApp plus holo. Native holo buttons, dialogs, font etc.

And of course, I'll update it further from time to time whenever possible. This isn't the final version. Should have put it in the first post.... Heh

Last edited:
Reactions: TiesB and ekowanz

Pfeffernuss

Jun 30, 2009
Wassenaar
Anyway, this is isn't a complete holo mod and won't be due to complications.

The OP states: "So I decided to mod WhatsApp and make it really Holo-fied" so the misunderstandings are completely valid imho.

Leaving this thread because of this/your way of answering constructive questions. Good luck with the app.

Back to Whatsapp Plus it is :good:

ruqqq

Oct 12, 2008
No problem bro. Enjoy WhatsApp Plus!

@antonio1475
Thank you for being appreciative! Stay tune for more updates! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

I've tried the WhatsApp PLUS mod but I was unhappy with the fact that it's Holo theme is not according to the same design we see in core ICS apps -- I love the simplicity of the looks. So I decided to mod WhatsApp and make it really Holo-fied. It's not a theme. It's a real Holo app.

Features:
    • Holo Design
    • Hardware Accelerated (No more stuttery scroll!)

Cons/Bugs:
    • No "Search" function for Conversations and within Conversation
    • Broadcast Page is still not Holo-fied
    • Emoji popup arrow is on the wrong place
    • You tell me!

I don't have time to post screenshots right now, hopefully kind souls can help me take a before and after screenshot of the mod. ;)

Instructions:
    1. Backup your WhatsApp messages
    2. Uninstall your WhatsApp on the device
    3. Install my awesome Holo WhatsApp from the link below
    4. If you would like to support me, download Nine and Upgrade to Pro!
    5. ENJOY!

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nwnn8zxbim2s80q/WhatsApp_2.8.5732_Holo-1.0.apk
    AW: [APP][MOD][ICS+] WhatsApp Holo

I'll try some things today :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    v2

UPDATE!:good:

current state

- new version (22.01.13)

- new holostyle actionbar (thx shizzel)

- holo preferences

- holo blue selector color

- holo popups (copy, paste, etc)

LINK: http://d-h.st/O8R

i think it can be installed over v1!

btw whatsapp uses ~40 mb for me now :D

andreas__
    check this!

new version

hey guys
    as i really like this mod i decided to mess around within the xmls and actually it's working quite good now :D

- NEW whatsapp Version 2.9.378 (9. jan 2013)
    - default holo theme without action bar
    - no major problems so far

how to install:

install titanium backup (root needed)
    backup whatsapp + data
    remove whatsapp
    install my version
    restore DATA ONLY from whatsapp
    enjoy

its NOT official whatsapp holo theme and its just a bit holo - but it's better than nothing

download: http://d-h.st/uDU

greetings
    andreas__

I'm not sure why you're putting up an argument, sir. Maybe I didn't phrase my reply proper. Apologies for that. What I just meant was, if you don't like the mod, feel free to skip it and go back to using whatsapp plus. No problem with that. ;)

Anyway, this is isn't a complete holo mod and won't be due to complications. The idea is just to turn the app into a native holo app instead of a themed Holo app ala WhatsApp plus holo. Native holo buttons, dialogs, font etc.

And of course, I'll update it further from time to time whenever possible. This isn't the final version. Should have put it in the first post.... Heh