• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][MOD] Messenger Old Chat Heads for Android 11+

Search This thread

Radzią

Nov 25, 2014
Wroclaw
Facebook ma kilka testów podpisów, spróbuję to ominąć, ale jest to bardzo trudne.
(Radzią, ja też jestem z Wrocławia :D)

Nie, spróbuję się temu przyjrzeć, kiedy będę miał trochę czasu

Czy ktoś tutaj ma doświadczenie w modowaniu takich aplikacji? przydałaby mi się pomoc
nice, try in app cloner in the clone options. Some option. In my case When I turn on only signature checking any effect...

Rawezh Ali

Jul 27, 2021
Thanks...Thanks...Thanks...Thanks... Thats Absolutely what we want, i have contacted messenger app developers but no answer bubbles was very boring ,, thank you very much, but how did you do that ?:):LOL::rolleyes:

burnO2

Dec 8, 2013
UPDATE 27.07
New versions - facebook_330.0.0.0.102.apk and messenger_324.0.0.0.62.apk.
Fixed:
- connection Facebook <=> Messenger (sharing videos, opening Messenger from Facebook)
- (highly possible) Facebook not refreshing wall

Let me know if Facebook Lite or Business Manager is needed to be updated as well

vancemagisip

Jul 11, 2018
UPDATE 27.07
Fixed:
- connection Facebook <=> Messenger (sharing videos, opening Messenger from Facebook)

Let me know if Facebook Lite or Business Manager is needed to be updated as well
Thank you! You're the best. All works fine now.

Koddia

Jul 29, 2021
It's truly amazing, thank you so much. There's only one thing that's bugging me a little bit. When you click on the chathead in landscape mode the whole conversation goes under the screen and you can't even read it. Is it something with my phone or the app in general and is it possible to fix it?

Kay7th

Jul 29, 2021
With Android 11 came the bubble functionality, which displaced the chat head mechanism in Messenger. Unfortunately bubbles are very buggy - for example on OnePlus phones they are responsible for freezing the whole phone.

That's why I've created a MOD for Messenger which brings back the old chat heads.

Install guide
  1. Uninstall all Facebook apps (Facebook, Messenger, Facebook Lite, Messenger Lite, Facebook Business Suite etc).
  2. Install the apps from this post (the ones you are using)
  3. Enjoy!
(If you use Facebook apps that are not attached to this post, let me know, I'll resign apks and add them)

--------------------------------------------
UPDATE 27.07
Fixed:

Hi. When I'm watching videos in landscape mode chat head is not working, it is showing transparent shade. Please help me

burnO2

Dec 8, 2013
It's truly amazing, thank you so much. There's only one thing that's bugging me a little bit. When you click on the chathead in landscape mode the whole conversation goes under the screen and you can't even read it. Is it something with my phone or the app in general and is it possible to fix it?
Hi. When I'm watching videos in landscape mode chat head is not working, it is showing transparent shade. Please help me

As far I as know chat heads can't properly work in landscape on Android 11 :/. That was a reason why facebook decided to use Bubble Notifications. You can read backstory here (second paragraph): reddit

Last edited:

burnO2

Dec 8, 2013
I can't install the messenger app, package installer says that "app is not installed"
what could be the reason?
You might have some Facebook application installed signed with official certificate. You can try install the file adb - `adb install messsenger.apk`. Then you should have reason displayed why apk is not installed.

why can't i send pics from that messenger?
What do you mean? Could you show screenshots?

Eyan43

Aug 6, 2021
Thanks a lot man♥️ i really saves me from bubble not. TH official messenger is sucks😆btw app couldn't install, so ive uninstall all the related on fb app such as lite n fb the it fin'ly works☺️

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm back!

I've got a minute to mod the newest versions of the apps. I haven't much time to test it though, but it looks like everything works!

Please test this versions and give me feedback. If everything is all right I will attach them in the first post.

Versions:
    - Messenger 329.0.0.10.118
    - Facebook 336.0.0.0.85 alpha (I had troubles with decompiling standard/beta versions)

Fixed bugs:
    - I've tested the comment section and it works - but It worked for me before (https://streamable.com/luhqz1). If it still doesn't work for you, let me know and please attach the screen recording.
    With Android 11 came the bubble functionality, which displaced the chat head mechanism in Messenger. Unfortunately bubbles are very buggy - for example on OnePlus phones they are responsible for freezing the whole phone.

That's why I've created a MOD for Messenger which brings back the old chat heads.

Install guide
    1. Uninstall all Facebook apps (Facebook, Messenger, Facebook Lite, Messenger Lite, Facebook Business Suite etc).
    3. Enjoy!
    (If you use Facebook apps that are not attached to this post, let me know, I'll resign apks and add them)

UPDATE 27.07
    Fixed:

Install guide
    3. Enjoy!

UPDATE 27.07
    Fixed:

Dear sir, could you please update those apps. I have problem with facebook while I want to read the replies of comments, it doesn't load, it disappears. The messenger app has some minor problems too. And when I uninstall your facebook app, I can't install the original facebook on play store or even the apk in apkmirror or apkpure.
    Your mods are great, hope you update those apps and guide me how to install the original facebook app <33
    Sorry guys, I am on vacation right now. I will be back soon. I checked the new versions of messenger recently, and they changed the code to make modding more difficult. I will look into that soon.
    I see bug if u click to show more reply in post it will disappear ( facebook)
    Same here very annoying still present
    He is coming back asap and will maybe fix the last bugs😀he said
    Comment reply thing is fixed. He is working on the mods already

Install guide
    3. Enjoy!

UPDATE 7.09
    New versions:
    - Facebook 336.0.0.0.85 alpha (I had troubles with decompiling standard/beta versions)
    Download here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...s-for-android-11.4300779/page-4#post-85596939
    Please give me feedback, if everything is all right I will replace files in this post.

UPDATE 27.07
    Fixed:

I'm back!

I've got a minute to mod the newest versions of the apps. I haven't much time to test it though, but it looks like everything works!

Please test this versions and give me feedback. If everything is all right I will attach them in the first post.

Versions:

Fixed bugs:
    - I've tested the comment section and it works - but It worked for me before (https://streamable.com/luhqz1). If it still doesn't work for you, let me know and please attach the screen recording.
    I see bug if u click to show more reply in post it will disappear ( facebook)
    +1
    Request for update of messenger app. Thanks. More power. 💪
    UPDATE 27.07
    Fixed: