• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][MOD] Messenger Old Chat Heads for Android 11+

Search This thread

choi10

Sep 5, 2021
Thanks for this mod, but theres a bug in the comment section. If i tap on view replies it just disappears, hoping for a fix because this mod really helped me cus i hate android 11 bubbles

n_boy86

Jul 9, 2009
Hello. First thanks for the mod version. It works perfectly well but the chat head does not show in any game screen. Whenever i open a game the chat head goes missing. Please look on to that
If you only had checked through the thread you see comment from developer vacation, very lazy and your comment was uneeded😀 please read through before comment same thing 3 people wrote same bug 😁

burnO2

Dec 8, 2013
I'm back!

I've got a minute to mod the newest versions of the apps. I haven't much time to test it though, but it looks like everything works!

Please test this versions and give me feedback. If everything is all right I will attach them in the first post.

Versions:
- Messenger 329.0.0.10.118
- Facebook 336.0.0.0.85 alpha (I had troubles with decompiling standard/beta versions)

Fixed bugs:
- I've tested the comment section and it works - but It worked for me before (https://streamable.com/luhqz1). If it still doesn't work for you, let me know and please attach the screen recording.

Attachments

• facebook_336.0.0.0.85.apk
    64.1 MB · Views: 2,892
  • messenger_329.0.0.10.118.apk
    42.4 MB · Views: 5,736

KevinNitro

Aug 26, 2021
I'm back!

I've got a minute to mod the newest versions of the apps. I haven't much time to test it though, but it looks like everything works!

Please test this versions and give me feedback. If everything is all right I will attach them in the first post.

Versions:
- Facebook 336.0.0.0.85 alpha (I had troubles with decompiling standard/beta versions)

Fixed bugs:
- I've tested the comment section and it works - but It worked for me before (https://streamable.com/luhqz1). If it still doesn't work for you, let me know and please attach the screen recording.
The old version and the newest one still can't use this feature :'((

Attachments

• Screenrecorder-2021-09-07-23-40-25-199.mp4
    7.6 MB · Views: 0

capta1n_huang

Aug 14, 2021
I'm back!

Versions:

Fixed bugs:
everything works well. I will use it more and give you feedback

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With Android 11 came the bubble functionality, which displaced the chat head mechanism in Messenger. Unfortunately bubbles are very buggy - for example on OnePlus phones they are responsible for freezing the whole phone.

That's why I've created a MOD for Messenger which brings back the old chat heads.

Install guide
    1. Uninstall all Facebook apps (Facebook, Messenger, Facebook Lite, Messenger Lite, Facebook Business Suite etc).
    2. Install the apps from this post (the ones you are using)
    3. Enjoy!
    (If you use Facebook apps that are not attached to this post, let me know, I'll resign apks and add them)

--------------------------------------------
    UPDATE 20.10.2021
    New versions:
    - Messenger 335.0.0.17.75
    - Facebook 341.0.0.2.73
    Download here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...s-for-android-11.4300779/page-5#post-85806197
    Please give me feedback, if everything is all right I will replace files in this post.

UPDATE 7.09.2021
    New versions:

UPDATE 27.07.2021
    New versions - facebook_330.0.0.0.102.apk and messenger_324.0.0.0.62.apk.
    Fixed:
    - connection Facebook <=> Messenger (sharing videos, opening Messenger from Facebook)
    - (highly possible) Facebook not refreshing wall

Let me know if Facebook Lite or Business Manager is needed to be updated as well

I'm back!

Versions:

Fixed bugs:
    I see bug if u click to show more reply in post it will disappear ( facebook)
    +1
    Request for update of messenger app. Thanks. More power. 💪
    UPDATE 27.07
    New versions - facebook_330.0.0.0.102.apk and messenger_324.0.0.0.62.apk.
    Fixed:
    - connection Facebook <=> Messenger (sharing videos, opening Messenger from Facebook)
    - (highly possible) Facebook not refreshing wall

Let me know if Facebook Lite or Business Manager is needed to be updated as well