[APP][MOD] Messenger Old Chat Heads for Android 11+

Search This thread

arnab das

Jun 17, 2013
Installed both apks. Logged in to messenger and chat heads are back!

But cannot log in to Facebook app, I have 2FA and after entering my password, when the 2FA code page appears, the app closes itself and I cannot enter the code.

I tried to install the play store version, but with the modded messenger installed, i guess play store Facebook will not install either.

UPDATE: instead of pressing "ok" you need to press "cancel" to not crash the app 🙄 I was able to log in after all. THANKS

PS: I was concerned about the legitimacy of the log in page at first, as the auto login didn't work. But i have 2FA and the 2FA did work, so i guess it's not an issue. If possible, try to fix it in a later version 🙂

Last edited:

Allen_Dl

Jan 24, 2022
Messenger Mod won't work properly on landscape. I hope this is just the app and not my phone. Please fix this since I installed this mod so I can use messenger on landscape.

Attachments

• screen-20220124-161854.mp4
    34.7 MB · Views: 0
Reactions: Agret

AhmedXGoda

Jan 24, 2022
Thanks for the mod! Actually I've encountered a bug unfortunately. When I try to download an image from anywhere (while opening chat heads), the messenger crashes. I hope solving this issue.
Thank again

Lenard Rubio

Dec 3, 2020
Why is the chat head not working while I am using my phone in landscape mode? Does that occur to everyone? Or does it only happen to me?

Reactions: Agret

Hanene

Feb 13, 2022
Same here everything is working just fine but I can't send voice messages while using the chat heads. I wish there will be a fix for that! And thnx for the mod it saved me from the annoying bubbles!

vic11con

Jun 1, 2021
But how do I remove the system FB app that came by default in the phone? Maximum I can do is disable it, but not uninstal.

Red0987

Mar 22, 2022
Good day!
You have no idea how much this apk had helped my sanity. haha.

Thank you very much, this works well on my phone. However I notice some things that I am hoping to get an update for.

1. Reactions doesn't notify. Like when someone likes or hearts your response, it doesn't make a sound or doesn't give a push notif.

Second, I am not sure if I missed this on your posts or if someone had mentioned already, on landscape mode, the chatbox doesn't show up.

Again thank you for your hardwork. 💜

FREasyRider

Apr 15, 2022
Paris, France
Hi,

First, let me thank you for your great work. I think that I have been using the mod since last august ! It worked flawlessly on my Redmi note 10 pro (even now while running miui 13 ans android 12).

I recently bought a Mi 11t Pro (running miui 13 and Android 12) and I have encountered a problem. When I turn my phone clockwise the chat deseapears. I've attached a video to illustrate.

Edit : somehow I cant upload the video. But basically landscape mode works when i turn anticlockwise but not clockwise

Thank you again for your devotion !

Last edited:

Midlox

Jan 1, 2022
With Android 11 came the bubble functionality, which displaced the chat head mechanism in Messenger. Unfortunately bubbles are very buggy - for example on OnePlus phones they are responsible for freezing the whole phone.

That's why I've created a MOD for Messenger which brings back the old chat heads.

Install guide
  1. Uninstall all Facebook apps (Facebook, Messenger, Facebook Lite, Messenger Lite, Facebook Business Suite etc).
  2. Install the apps from this post (the ones you are using)
  3. Enjoy!
(If you use Facebook apps that are not attached to this post, let me know, I'll resign apks and add them)

--------------------------------------------
UPDATE 06.01.2022
DOWNLOAD: AndroidFileHost
New versions:

- Messenger 342.1.0.14.119
- Facebook 349.0.0.0.122 alpha
Phone calls in Messenger should be fixed in this version

UPDATE 20.10.2021
New versions:
- Messenger 335.0.0.17.75
- Facebook 341.0.0.2.73
Download here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...s-for-android-11.4300779/page-5#post-85806197
Please give me feedback, if everything is all right I will replace files in this post.

UPDATE 7.09.2021
New versions:
- Messenger 329.0.0.10.118
- Facebook 336.0.0.0.85 alpha (I had troubles with decompiling standard/beta versions)

UPDATE 27.07.2021
New versions - facebook_330.0.0.0.102.apk and messenger_324.0.0.0.62.apk.
Fixed:
- connection Facebook <=> Messenger (sharing videos, opening Messenger from Facebook)
- (highly possible) Facebook not refreshing wall

Let me know if Facebook Lite or Business Manager is needed to be updated as well

Hey, it's very great work, but I have some "problems" (not that much as square bubbles haha) but - when I scroll down my screen is full of colors from this conversation and back gesture isn't working on the bubbles.

COUPON4Vitamins

Mar 13, 2021
THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I'm elated finally have the chat heads back allowing me to multitask! I hate the useless bubbles!

COUPON4Vitamins

Mar 13, 2021
Same here everything is working just fine but I can't send voice messages while using the chat heads. I wish there will be a fix for that! And thnx for the mod it saved me from the annoying bubbles!

I have this issue, too! And the mod Facebook app can't upload contacts. I hope there will be a fix for both soon!

Agret

Jun 9, 2010
Melbourne
I can confirm using the latest version posted on 1st June that chat heads work no problem when rotated horizontally. Still crashes when screenshot though :(

JohannaCovet

Jul 1, 2022
Omg thank you soooo much for this!! I was slowly going insane after updating my OS a week ago with those horrible bubbles, haha.
Is there any way to be able to use the newer released emojis in this version? 😊

Thank you again for this!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With Android 11 came the bubble functionality, which displaced the chat head mechanism in Messenger. Unfortunately bubbles are very buggy - for example on OnePlus phones they are responsible for freezing the whole phone.

That's why I've created a MOD for Messenger which brings back the old chat heads.

Install guide
    1. Uninstall all Facebook apps (Facebook, Messenger, Facebook Lite, Messenger Lite, Facebook Business Suite etc).
    2. Install the apps from this post (the ones you are using)
    3. Enjoy!
    (If you use Facebook apps that are not attached to this post, let me know, I'll resign apks and add them)

--------------------------------------------
    UPDATE 06.01.2022
    New versions:

- Messenger 342.1.0.14.119
    - Facebook 349.0.0.0.122 alpha
    Phone calls in Messenger should be fixed in this version

UPDATE 20.10.2021
    New versions:
    - Messenger 335.0.0.17.75
    - Facebook 341.0.0.2.73
    Download here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...s-for-android-11.4300779/page-5#post-85806197
    Please give me feedback, if everything is all right I will replace files in this post.

UPDATE 7.09.2021
    New versions:
    - Facebook 336.0.0.0.85 alpha (I had troubles with decompiling standard/beta versions)

UPDATE 27.07.2021
    Fixed:
    - connection Facebook <=> Messenger (sharing videos, opening Messenger from Facebook)

Let me know if Facebook Lite or Business Manager is needed to be updated as well

I'm back!

I've got a minute to mod the newest versions of the apps. I haven't much time to test it though, but it looks like everything works!

Please test this versions and give me feedback. If everything is all right I will attach them in the first post.

Versions:

Fixed bugs:
    - I've tested the comment section and it works - but It worked for me before (https://streamable.com/luhqz1). If it still doesn't work for you, let me know and please attach the screen recording.
    I see bug if u click to show more reply in post it will disappear ( facebook)
    +1
    Request for update of messenger app. Thanks. More power. 💪
    UPDATE 27.07
    Fixed: