• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][MOD] Netflix 8.1.2 build 3844 ATV for uncertified devices by Netflix

Search This thread

soraxd

Jun 23, 2010
cleveland
Hello, i have tried the first method, I do not have an ESN number as my phone is GSM (AT&T).
I am trying to install this to be able to take screenshots while netflix is open.
is it possible to install this on a GSM phone? and secondly, does this allow screenshots, since it edits smali?
thanks!

inder swami

I have a MI tv 4x pro indian version.. i have tried the methods as detailed in 1st post. tried using esn from the netflix mobile app, using depatcher tool, kodi.

although from each of the esn . the 8.1.2 app doesnt install .. while installing error comes as not installed "netflix not supported". .

ESN

depatcher tool : NFANDROID1-PRV-0-DANGALUHD-XIAOMIDANGALUHD-9440-

netflix mobile app : NFANDROID1-PRV-B-L3-XIAOMMITV-AXSO2-9440-

kodi : NFANDROID2-PRV-DANGALUHD-XIAOMMITV-AXSO2-9440-

PS my tv is widewine L1 certified.

nikokikoliko

Nov 28, 2020
i dont know whats wrong with my tv but its some kind of chinese tv its called KTC and i still cant get ESN it wont let me in netflix 4 app it shows -100 error so please someone help me i really want to have netflix on my tv

lialialia

Feb 19, 2013
Thanks for the detailed instructions! It worked for my Xiaomi Mi TV 4S!

Used ESN NFANDROID1-PRV-0-MITV-MSSP1-XIAOMMITV-MSSP1-11579-

wiwi60

May 6, 2012
Oise
freeaddons.free.fr
hi !
V8
i try this on X96AIR P 3 with short and long ESN and i have tvq error 101
My esn is NFANANDROID-DROIDX96AIR=P3S-

but series dont work and
Any idea ?
Someone try on AML X96AIR box ?

thanks for the work ;)

Tugi136

Sep 18, 2021
Hi. Can you help ?

NFANDROID1-PRV-T-L3-MEDIASMART-TV-4445-946EAD7A57391F43348B293C88CBF859CD9BC7E2835F0465CEE40D66655A39D3

ngoctan215

Jun 16, 2021
:confused: testing 2 ver 8.1.2 android 6.1.3.
Not work Xiaomi mijia projector 2 ESN:NFANDROID1-PRV-B-L3-FENGMFMPROJA2-4445-

patrickkteng

Sep 29, 2021
I keep getting errors when running run.bat file (for APKSignatureKiller), is there any other options? I forgot to screenshot the error message, but it's something about unable to copy module to unknown.module (sort of).

Am trying to use Netflix 6.1 version

ngoctan215

Jun 16, 2021
I keep getting errors when running run.bat file (for APKSignatureKiller), is there any other options? I forgot to screenshot the error message, but it's something about unable to copy module to unknown.module (sort of).

Am trying to use Netflix 6.1 version
uou copy 2 files in folder APKSignatureKiller. The original file is named orig.apk, the edited file is named mod.apk and then run bat.

patrickkteng

Sep 29, 2021
uou copy 2 files in folder APKSignatureKiller. The original file is named orig.apk, the edited file is named mod.apk and then run bat.
I already did. I followed everything. below is the error i met. Am trying again in awhile from scratch

xception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalAccessError: class cc.binmt.signature.NKillSignatureTool (in unnamed module @0x31cefde0) cannot access class sun.security.pkcs.PKCS7 (in module java.base) because module java.base does not export sun.security.pkcs to unnamed module @0x31cefde0
at cc.binmt.signature.NKillSignatureTool.getApkSignatureData(NKillSignatureTool.java:237)
at cc.binmt.signature.NKillSignatureTool.process(NKillSignatureTool.java:52)
at cc.binmt.signature.NKillSignatureTool.main(NKillSignatureTool.java:33)

blackoutfolo

Oct 12, 2010
Hi. i get:

Erreur Netflix UI-800-3 (307007)​

Device: Mecool KM8 Widedivine L1
NFANDROID1-PRV-0-KM8-MECOOLKM8-8670-

Rider 2021

Oct 4, 2021
Brand:Xiaomi
MiBOX3_PRO
Security Level :L3
systerm Id:4445
NFANDROID1-PRV-0-MiBOX3_PRO-XiaomiMiBOX3_PRO-4445-

error -12

XiphosZA

Oct 4, 2021
@Dealaxer Many thanks for this write up and the great work you have done it works like a charm until we ran into another problem.

We have Google certified devices but the manufacturer never renewed their Netflix license and is not planning to do so. The problem we have now is Netflix comes pre-installed and cant be uninstalled just disabled. When we use the no 1 Method for 8.1.2 Build 3844 and want to install the apk on the OTT device we get this error.

[INSTALL_FAILED_UPDATE_INCOMPATIBLE: Package signatures do not match the previously installed version; ignoring!]

We have downloaded an apk same version 8.1.2 that actually installs over the preinstalled version but we can decompile (04) the apk but Recompile fails with an error:
Exception in thread "main" com.android.apksig.apk.ApkFormatException: Multiple ZIP entries with the same name: G??G??G??-
at com.android.apksig.ApkSigner.parseZipCentralDirectory(ApkSigner.java:751)
at com.android.apksig.ApkSigner.sign(ApkSigner.java:241)
at com.android.apksig.ApkSigner.sign(ApkSigner.java:193)
at com.android.apksigner.ApkSignerTool.sign(ApkSignerTool.java:340)
at com.android.apksigner.ApkSignerTool.main(ApkSignerTool.java:83)

Its probably something to do with the Keystone certificates but goes way beyond our knowledge

Will you perhaps be able to assist?

Reactions: meeza21

jukyO

Feb 2, 2011
Ogulin
@Dealaxer
Netflix 8.1.2 build 3844 - Modification instructions

Did all per instructions, had put ESN from my Device, but had to shorten it.

Once installed, cannot play HDR content (Netflix says "technical difficulties"), but "normal" HD can.

What shall be the length in line 621 and 632 of SFN value? Maybe this is the problem

"Original" ESN: "NFANDROID1-PRV-T-DROIDA95X=F3=SLIM-4445-4A5........................."

Shall I try this: "NFANDROID1-PRV-0-DROIDA95X=F3=SLIM-4445-"?

Last edited:

jukyO

Feb 2, 2011
Ogulin
@Dealaxer Many thanks for this write up and the great work you have done it works like a charm until we ran into another problem.

We have Google certified devices but the manufacturer never renewed their Netflix license and is not planning to do so. The problem we have now is Netflix comes pre-installed and cant be uninstalled just disabled. When we use the no 1 Method for 8.1.2 Build 3844 and want to install the apk on the OTT device we get this error.

[INSTALL_FAILED_UPDATE_INCOMPATIBLE: Package signatures do not match the previously installed version; ignoring!]

We have downloaded an apk same version 8.1.2 that actually installs over the preinstalled version but we can decompile (04) the apk but Recompile fails with an error:
Exception in thread "main" com.android.apksig.apk.ApkFormatException: Multiple ZIP entries with the same name: G??G??G??-

Its probably something to do with the Keystone certificates but goes way beyond our knowledge

Will you perhaps be able to assist?

maybe you have to uninstall previous version before installing modded one.

XiphosZA

Oct 4, 2021
maybe you have to uninstall previous version before installing modded one.
That would be first prize but the previous version was pre installed and you can only uninstall the updates or disable it, If you disable it the app just sits under apps, "disabled apps"

In dev mode and usb debug mode using "adb uninstall com.netflix.ninja" this uninstalls the package but when you go to all apps system, apps Netflix now appears there. and we still cant install the modified 8.1.2 Netflix apk. and get this error: [INSTALL_FAILED_UPDATE_INCOMPATIBLE: Package signatures do not match the previously installed version; ignoring!]

I was wondering through the adb shell is there a way to completely remove all traces of the app without root access?

Or Is there a way to unpack the downloaded netflix 8.1.2 with a matching certification number, change setshowdialog.smali and recompile it without getting these errors as mentioned below

Unfortunately if have only recently started to tinker with Android so my knowledge is very limited.

Last edited:

lahirupro

Dec 27, 2013
Installed Netflix 8.1.2 build 3844 with esn . app open without any issue , but movies only load 24% . Is there any solution ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I swear netsheet is following this thread.
    cheapskate company, do you rather people pirating on your service u filthy company? be grateful that we still subscribe to ur service rather than pirating the content from elsewhere. stop blocking this atv app, we just wanna enjoy watching on certified androidtv device, u obnoxious greedy bastard.
    - agree2disagree14
    UPDATE available for the Kodi-Mod...
    Added an intro at startup.
    Netflix settings added to the main menu.
    Video now stops when you press the back button on the remote control.
    Video library screen replaced by profiles screen when going back to the main menu.
    Shutdownmenu deactivated (quit immediately).
    Heppen repo added (for the cosmic skin).
    Auramod repo added (for the auramod skin).
    Unnecessary addons removed and various fixes.
    A fresh installation is recommended so that the new settings take effect.
    After installing a new skin, it must also be adjusted in the skin settings!

AruaMOD skin install instructions:
    1. Install Marcelveldt's BETA repository and jurialmunkey Alpha Repository , you can install them FROM Auramod Repo AIO. Install from repository > Auramod Repo AIO > Add-on Repository
    2. Install Skin Helper Service from Marcelveldt's BETA repository by going install from repository > Marcelveldt's BETA repository > Context Menus Wait for it to complete
    3. Install Skin Helper Service Widgets from Marcelveldt's BETA repository by going install from repository > Marcelveldt's BETA repository > Video add-ons Wait for it to complete
    4. Install TheMovieDb Helper from jurialmunkey Alpha Repository by going install from repository > jurialmunkey Alpha Repository > Video add-ons Wait for it to complete
    5. Install colorbox Script from Auramod Repo AIO by going install from repository > Auramod Repo AIO > Program add-ons > Wait for it to complete
    6. Install AuraMOD from Auramod Repo AIO by going install from repository > Auramod Repo AIO > Look and feel > Skin Wait for it to complete , switching skins when prompted
    The stupid company annoyed me and I created a Kodi-Mod with a "ready to use" Netflix plugin. You don't need to adjust the ESN, just log in and get started. You can use it in parallel with Kodi. If someone has experience with Kodi, feel free to improve it.

HERE
    Bingie mod 1.0.1 looks good but my home screen is blank. The setup says that I should add media files to be scraped, but the whole point is to display Netflix content, not random movie files from a hard drive.

How do I fill my homescreen with Netflix content?
    Here is a short step by step manual, how to setup Bingie Matrix Mod: (so that is not just a blank screen)

1. Navigate the Skin settings
    2. In Skin, settings navigate Configure shortcuts / Edit menu shortcuts
    3. Navigate the Home (icon)
    4. Click the Widget (if you are doing good, you can see 8 widget options)
    5. Click under the selected widget (eg Widget 1) the Select widget >>
    6. On the pop-up window navigate to the Add-On > / Video Add-on / Netflix
    7. Now here you can choose your Netflix user and you can see the Netflix groups. (such as "My List", "Continue Watching for.."
    8. If you want to use the selected Netflix group you need to choose the "Use as widget"
    For me, the "Spotlight" does not work (this is the big banner in your list in the Netflix surface), so I used the custom content in the home spotlight
    1. Navigate Skin setting
    2. In Skin, setting navigate the Homescreen layout / Set Custom Content in Home Spotlight
    3. Enable it and in the pop-up window same as then the Widget set up (from step number 6 above)
    If you want trailer videos: Download Youtube add-on, and set up (need to set up Google API key)

Important when you finished locked the widget in hubs. (Configure shortcuts / Loxk Widgets in Hubs / Enable)

For the template, I used my Phone Netflix apps look
    HERE is an update. Colors changed, automatic addon updates activated, login button instead of addons on the sidebar, titan bingie mod repo added and a few more fixes ...
    Maybe you need to clear data after installation.
    Netflix 8.1.2 build 3844
    netflix2-gigapixel.png

At the moment, the method of changing the ESN number is non-working!
    Work on the problem of non-certified devices continues, new versions may appear in the future.
    Requirements:
    -Any uncertified device by Netflix

Changes:
    -You can insert any ESN number
    -Google verification disabled

What works:
    -HD
    -Audio 5.1
    -HDR

Tested on MI TV 4A/4S RU Edition

1. Download and unzip the archive BatchApkTool.zip (BatchApkTool is already configured and has a batchapktool.ini settings file!)
    The unpacked folder(_INPUT_APK) already contains the apk mod, so you don't need to download it in advance!
    2. Run BatchApkTool.exe
    - Enter the command in numbers: 04

(This command decompiles the necessary part of the APK)
    -Wait for the decompilation to finish, but don't close this app!
    3. Go to the directory: _INPUT_APK\com.netflix.ninja_8.1.2_build_3844_mod\smali\o\
    and find the file
    setShowsDialog. smali
    - Open the setShowsDialog.smali file and find the lines 621 and 632:
    - Change the ESN number "NFANDROID1-PRV-T-L3-SDMC=MBX4K=RANGER-9908-" to "YOUR ESN NUMBER" and save file!
    4. In the BatchApkTool app, enter the command: 05
    - Wait for the compilation to finish!

5. Take the compiled APK with your ESN number in the _OUT_APK folder.
    6. Install it on your device and use it!
    Requirements:
    -Any uncertified device by Netflix
    -Security Level: Widevine L1
    -Doesn't work if the level is
    Widevine L3

Changes:
    -You can insert any ESN number
    -Disable app signature verification

What works:
    -HD and UHD(4K)
    -Audio 5.1
    -HDR
    -Netflix Recommendations on Home Screen
    (You need to update the Android TV Home app)

Tested on MI TV 4A/4S RU Edition

Modification instructions:

1. Download original apk: com.netflix.ninja_6.1.3_build_2482-2482_minAPI22.apk
    2. Decompile the APK file with APKTOOL 2.5.0
    . Find out your ESN number in any way, such as using Kodi+Netflix plugin, etc.

Example, on my device ESN Number: NFANDROID2-PRV-0-XIAOMMITV-MSSP1-11579-8E7EBE41602D7BFE5FB467845C6F254CAD5677390EFB960CA0D11755BB31CDD5
    The ESN number needs to be adjusted, but all this is individual, for me, the working option turned out to be this: NFANDROID1-PRV-0-XIAOMMITV-MSSP1-11579-

4. Add your device's ESN number to the file BaseEsnProvider.smali:
    The file is located in the directory: DECOMPILE_APK\smali\com\netflix\mediaclient\service\configuration\esn\
    Code:
    .method public getEsn()Ljava/lang/String;
        .locals 1

.line 310
        iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/netflix/mediaclient/service/configuration/esn/BaseEsnProvider;->esn:Ljava/lang/String;

return-object v0
    .end method
    Code:
    .method public getEsn()Ljava/lang/String;
        .locals 2

.line 310
        iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/netflix/mediaclient/service/configuration/esn/BaseEsnProvider;->esn:Ljava/lang/String;

const-string v0, "YOUR ESN NUMBER"

return-object v0
    .end method

Where "YOUR ESN NUMBER", insert your ESN number.

4.1 To remove the optimization error (-14):
    Find the file: DECOMPILE_APK\smali\com\netflix\ninja\MainActivity.smali
    Comment out line 3723 like this: #invoke-virtual {p1}, Landroid/app/AlertDialog;->show()V

4.2 This solution to disable PUSH error (-14) on Home Screen ATV:
    Find the file: DECOMPILE_APK\smali\com\netflix\mediaclient\service\pushnotification\PushJobServiceUtils$Companion$tryStartService$1.smali
    Comment out line 105 like this: #invoke-virtual {v0}, Landroid/widget/Toast;->show()V

5. Compile the app using APKTOOL 2.5.0.
    6. Remove the signature verification using the program: ApkSignatureKiller.zip

Unpack archive, go to the folder and transfer the original apk and recompiled apk. Rename them, for example: orig.apk and mod.apk
    Open the file config.txt and make the configuration:
    Code:
    # original file
    apk.signed=orig.apk

# recompiled file
    apk.src=mod.apk

# output file
    apk.out=out.apk

# do not touch the other settings
    sign.enable=true
    sign.file=test.keystore
    sign.password=123456
    sign.alias=user
    sign.aliasPassword=654321
    Run script run.bat and wait for the script to finish working, in the folder you should get a working apk with your ESN number.

What do you need to know if you are having problems with the app?

Good luck watching Netflix!
    I swear netsheet is following this thread.
    cheapskate company, do you rather people pirating on your service u filthy company? be grateful that we still subscribe to ur service rather than pirating the content from elsewhere. stop blocking this atv app, we just wanna enjoy watching on certified androidtv device, u obnoxious greedy bastard.
    - agree2disagree14
    UPDATE available for the Kodi-Mod...
    Added an intro at startup.
    Netflix settings added to the main menu.
    Video now stops when you press the back button on the remote control.
    Video library screen replaced by profiles screen when going back to the main menu.
    Shutdownmenu deactivated (quit immediately).
    Heppen repo added (for the cosmic skin).
    Auramod repo added (for the auramod skin).
    Unnecessary addons removed and various fixes.
    A fresh installation is recommended so that the new settings take effect.
    After installing a new skin, it must also be adjusted in the skin settings!

AruaMOD skin install instructions:
    1. Install Marcelveldt's BETA repository and jurialmunkey Alpha Repository , you can install them FROM Auramod Repo AIO. Install from repository > Auramod Repo AIO > Add-on Repository
    2. Install Skin Helper Service from Marcelveldt's BETA repository by going install from repository > Marcelveldt's BETA repository > Context Menus Wait for it to complete
    3. Install Skin Helper Service Widgets from Marcelveldt's BETA repository by going install from repository > Marcelveldt's BETA repository > Video add-ons Wait for it to complete
    4. Install TheMovieDb Helper from jurialmunkey Alpha Repository by going install from repository > jurialmunkey Alpha Repository > Video add-ons Wait for it to complete
    5. Install colorbox Script from Auramod Repo AIO by going install from repository > Auramod Repo AIO > Program add-ons > Wait for it to complete
    6. Install AuraMOD from Auramod Repo AIO by going install from repository > Auramod Repo AIO > Look and feel > Skin Wait for it to complete , switching skins when prompted
    The stupid company annoyed me and I created a Kodi-Mod with a "ready to use" Netflix plugin. You don't need to adjust the ESN, just log in and get started. You can use it in parallel with Kodi. If someone has experience with Kodi, feel free to improve it.

HERE