• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][MOD] Netflix 8.1.2 build 3844 ATV for uncertified devices by Netflix

Search This thread

sepata

Aug 4, 2011
question:
do you also have micro jerks when playing netflix movies with kodi?
setting thing ?
Probably frame rate shudder and unless your device supports auto-frame rate matching you'll have to change it manually in your device's display settings. Netflix movies play at 24 frames per second, so if your device resolution is 4K 60 hz change it to 4K 24 hz (or 23.976 hz if you have it).

Last edited:
Reactions: franz weber

sepata

Aug 4, 2011
Seriously, haven't those jerks at Netflix got anything better to do than block its subscribers from accessing what they pay for on "unauthorised" devices? Oooo, what a crime. So many other streaming services these days that aren't so anal. Subscribe to them, and download or stream Netflix shows on torrent apps for free.

sepata

Aug 4, 2011
Not only should you cancel your subscription, hit it em where it hurts - in the ratings. At every opportunity give them 1-star. I mean, it wouldn't be a lie to give Tiger King 2 one star. That steaming pile of recycled garbage rates only 17% on Rotten Tomatoes. Or Red Notice - give a couple of obscenely overpaid actors a script written by an eight year old, and voila, you get this inane crap. Netflix are going down the toilet, let's help flush them.

Ice0009

Nov 27, 2021
Has anyone tried watching with a VPN? I've got buffering issues when watching through a VPN. Didn't have those issues when I was using the modded Netflix apk. Is there settings or anything I need to adjust within Kodi?

Edit : Is there any way I can fix buffering issues regardless if I am using a VPN?

Last edited:

sefyong

Nov 22, 2018
Hi everyone. I have a KM9 PRO and managed to work Kodi+Netflix. The problem is around 14mins of watching, the video hangs and I need to close again kodi and wait for few minutes to work. What causes the problem? I also ON the VP9 codec. Thanks for the help

jeffrey_zou

Nov 29, 2021
hi

I got the ESN and tried to modify it, but NW 6-404 error appeared
Thank you very much for asking for help!

How can I modify it? What is the corrected ESN?

ESN:
NFANDROID2-PRV-XIAOMIM12TRIAL-VS===A95X=F3=AIR-4445-8071C496
D7AD88CC42F2C501D9F273DEEB34D896E57C1F053694D3B785A4325A

1638165849688.jpeg

1638165857258.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: JackyHalaHala

Ekay42

Oct 27, 2021
UPDATE for the Kodi-Mod....
Netflix addon updated to version 1.18.1 (Fix problems to watched status sync due to website changes, Fix error when trying to play an episode not yet available).
Joystick/Controller support deactivated by default (caused problems with some boxes).
Various translations for the main menu added.
Some icons changed.
Default colors changed (less red).
Small fixes...
A fresh installation is recommended to apply the changes.

Stilianbg

Mar 15, 2016
UPDATE for the Kodi-Mod....
Netflix addon updated to version 1.18.1 (Fix problems to watched status sync due to website changes, Fix error when trying to play an episode not yet available).
Joystick/Controller support deactivated by default (caused problems with some boxes).
Various translations for the main menu added.
Some icons changed.
Default colors changed (less red).
Small fixes...
A fresh installation is recommended to apply the changes.
It prompts an error "Problem with syntax code execution", when I start the .apk file.

Ice0009

Nov 27, 2021
the best option is the kodi netflix in the post

It works great when I'm watching local content, but I also used to use my VPN to watch geo-restricted content, and with the Kodi addon it seems to buffer a lot whenever watching a different region via VPN (I didn't have that issue with the Android TV mod). Not sure if it's something in Kodi itself I need to change, or the Netflix Kodi addon?

Has anyone else tried different Netflix regions with a VPN? If so, are you getting buffering?

Atmans

Aug 7, 2015
Kodi-Mod Netflix option is ok thanks for sharing this app.

But still 540p or slightly better playback
720 and 1080p don't work

The best solution is to run CoreELEC from an sd card
netflix runs in 1080p without any problems.

amlogic only

JackyHalaHala

Mar 3, 2021
Kodi-Mod Netflix option is ok thanks for sharing this app.

But still 540p or slightly better playback
720 and 1080p don't work

The best solution is to run CoreELEC from an sd card
netflix runs in 1080p without any problems.

amlogic only
Nah ... kodi Netflix do support 1080p and above.

Reactions: runmo1971

Top Liked Posts

Here is a new thread for the Kodi Edition., I don't think it's right to fill this thread with it...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-mod-netflix-kodi-edition-kodi-fork-with-netflix.4395017/
    Now here is the UPDATE for the Kodi Edition.
    - Netflix addon updated to version 1.18.3
    - New default skin (Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded) that I changed something.
    - Minor fixes.

Please do a fresh installation.
    Netflix Kodi Edition UPDATE...
    - AC3 set as default
    - Quit the App by long pressing the back button on the home screen
    - Set the "Select first unwatched tv show episode" option as default in Netflix settings
    - Improved performance
    - Official Kodi addons updated
    - Cleanup, minor fixes & adjustments
    HERE is an update again...
    - Improvements and cleanups
    - Small fixes

For old/slow devices you can choose under skin settings > extras > disable borders and disable reflections.
    It looks pretty much available to me

Thanks @optzeci , my Chrome got crazy. 🤣
    Hi Ekay, thank you so much for your fantastic work.

Please, in this last update, would it be possible to force Kodi to already open with the Netflix plugin content? Let me explain: Once we launch the app, we need to navigate to the Netflix option to list the content. So, would it be possible when starting Kodi to already be within this option without having to navigate to it?
    Hey, not just Titan Bingie, with this Arctic Zephyr also, I deep down a bit in the skin settings.
    Here are the steps for your req:
    1. Navigate Kodi Setting main menu button (Ekay predefined in the skin)
    2. Navigate Skin settings
    3. Now you are in the Home setting
    4. Click on the Customize home menu
    5., Now you are in the Netflix Login main menu customization
    6. Navigate WIDGETS set-up (right , down frame)
    7. Click on Widget 1 - Fullscreen
    8. Now you click on Widget 1
    9. From the pop-up window browse the Add-on> option / Video Add-On> / Netflix >
    10. Now you can see your Netflix-defined user profiles.
    11. Click on your profile
    12. Click on Use as a widget
    With this example set-up if you are going back to on the main screen and browse the Netflix Login main menu icon, the Netflix add-on service after a few sec, collecting the basic Netflix main screen items, eg. "My List", "Continue Watching" etc.
    So next time if you will launch the Netflix Kodi apk the Skin and Netflix service automatically log in to your profile and collect the Netflix main menu items (attached a picture) after a few seconds.
    Also, you can set up more main menu buttons, with the widget, so you can set up separate buttons to the Netflix shortcuts - such as My List, Trending Now, Continue Watching etc.
    Also you can set up the widget look such as Poster, Thumbnail etc.
    Netflix 8.1.2 build 3844
    netflix2-gigapixel.png

At the moment, the method of changing the ESN number is non-working!
    Work on the problem of non-certified devices continues, new versions may appear in the future.
    Requirements:
    -Any uncertified device by Netflix

Changes:
    -You can insert any ESN number
    -Google verification disabled

What works:
    -HD
    -Audio 5.1
    -HDR

Tested on MI TV 4A/4S RU Edition

1. Download and unzip the archive BatchApkTool.zip (BatchApkTool is already configured and has a batchapktool.ini settings file!)
    The unpacked folder(_INPUT_APK) already contains the apk mod, so you don't need to download it in advance!
    2. Run BatchApkTool.exe
    - Enter the command in numbers: 04

(This command decompiles the necessary part of the APK)
    -Wait for the decompilation to finish, but don't close this app!
    3. Go to the directory: _INPUT_APK\com.netflix.ninja_8.1.2_build_3844_mod\smali\o\
    and find the file
    setShowsDialog. smali
    - Open the setShowsDialog.smali file and find the lines 621 and 632:
    - Change the ESN number "NFANDROID1-PRV-T-L3-SDMC=MBX4K=RANGER-9908-" to "YOUR ESN NUMBER" and save file!
    4. In the BatchApkTool app, enter the command: 05
    - Wait for the compilation to finish!

5. Take the compiled APK with your ESN number in the _OUT_APK folder.
    6. Install it on your device and use it!
    Requirements:
    -Any uncertified device by Netflix
    -Security Level: Widevine L1
    -Doesn't work if the level is
    Widevine L3

Changes:
    -You can insert any ESN number
    -Disable app signature verification

What works:
    -HD and UHD(4K)
    -Audio 5.1
    -HDR
    -Netflix Recommendations on Home Screen
    (You need to update the Android TV Home app)

Tested on MI TV 4A/4S RU Edition

Modification instructions:

1. Download original apk: com.netflix.ninja_6.1.3_build_2482-2482_minAPI22.apk
    2. Decompile the APK file with APKTOOL 2.5.0
    . Find out your ESN number in any way, such as using Kodi+Netflix plugin, etc.

Example, on my device ESN Number: NFANDROID2-PRV-0-XIAOMMITV-MSSP1-11579-8E7EBE41602D7BFE5FB467845C6F254CAD5677390EFB960CA0D11755BB31CDD5
    The ESN number needs to be adjusted, but all this is individual, for me, the working option turned out to be this: NFANDROID1-PRV-0-XIAOMMITV-MSSP1-11579-

4. Add your device's ESN number to the file BaseEsnProvider.smali:
    The file is located in the directory: DECOMPILE_APK\smali\com\netflix\mediaclient\service\configuration\esn\
    Code:
    .method public getEsn()Ljava/lang/String;
        .locals 1

.line 310
        iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/netflix/mediaclient/service/configuration/esn/BaseEsnProvider;->esn:Ljava/lang/String;

return-object v0
    .end method
    Code:
    .method public getEsn()Ljava/lang/String;
        .locals 2

.line 310
        iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/netflix/mediaclient/service/configuration/esn/BaseEsnProvider;->esn:Ljava/lang/String;

const-string v0, "YOUR ESN NUMBER"

return-object v0
    .end method

Where "YOUR ESN NUMBER", insert your ESN number.

4.1 To remove the optimization error (-14):
    Find the file: DECOMPILE_APK\smali\com\netflix\ninja\MainActivity.smali
    Comment out line 3723 like this: #invoke-virtual {p1}, Landroid/app/AlertDialog;->show()V

4.2 This solution to disable PUSH error (-14) on Home Screen ATV:
    Find the file: DECOMPILE_APK\smali\com\netflix\mediaclient\service\pushnotification\PushJobServiceUtils$Companion$tryStartService$1.smali
    Comment out line 105 like this: #invoke-virtual {v0}, Landroid/widget/Toast;->show()V

5. Compile the app using APKTOOL 2.5.0.
    6. Remove the signature verification using the program: ApkSignatureKiller.zip

Unpack archive, go to the folder and transfer the original apk and recompiled apk. Rename them, for example: orig.apk and mod.apk
    Open the file config.txt and make the configuration:
    Code:
    # original file
    apk.signed=orig.apk

# recompiled file
    apk.src=mod.apk

# output file
    apk.out=out.apk

# do not touch the other settings
    sign.enable=true
    sign.file=test.keystore
    sign.password=123456
    sign.alias=user
    sign.aliasPassword=654321
    Run script run.bat and wait for the script to finish working, in the folder you should get a working apk with your ESN number.

What do you need to know if you are having problems with the app?

Good luck watching Netflix!
    Now here is the UPDATE for the Kodi Edition.
    - Netflix addon updated to version 1.18.3
    - New default skin (Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded) that I changed something.
    - Minor fixes.

Please do a fresh installation.
    Netfux SUCKS

I have quit this project as netfux is trash.
    I I like these alternatives, but you need to choose for yourself

💊 THIS is a great alternate provider for the same stuff and more( check your local laws and regulations before using such an app, Always support your content creators)

💊 THIS is a better provider/content creator that supports U𝝥NITY, not division

Netflix Kodi Edition UPDATE...
    - AC3 set as default
    - Quit the App by long pressing the back button on the home screen
    - Set the "Select first unwatched tv show episode" option as default in Netflix settings
    - Improved performance
    - Official Kodi addons updated
    - Cleanup, minor fixes & adjustments
    I swear netsheet is following this thread.
    cheapskate company, do you rather people pirating on your service u filthy company? be grateful that we still subscribe to ur service rather than pirating the content from elsewhere. stop blocking this atv app, we just wanna enjoy watching on certified androidtv device, u obnoxious greedy bastard.
    - agree2disagree14