[APP][MOD][ROOT/NONROOT] Vanced

Search This thread

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
i simply downloaded "detach" (latest version from this site) and installed the zip via magisk. thats all i did. but nothing. perhaps i needed to do something else? instructions didnt mention i needed to do anything else?
"from this site" does not really specify what you are using. "This Site" is made up of thousands of individual private citizens. Its not a single company like Microsoft. Either way, maybe ask thye qiuestion on the trhead you downlaoded it from as well,. in case its a known issue with that detach method.

Reactions: porotikos

porotikos

Mar 29, 2016
"from this site" does not really specify what you are using. "This Site" is made up of thousands of individual private citizens. Its not a single company like Microsoft. Either way, maybe ask thye qiuestion on the trhead you downlaoded it from as well,. in case its a known issue with that detach method.
you are correct my friend. i used the detach zip from this thread. i used the latest version
i just installed it via magisk. then i simply removed youtube via adb. But when i tried to install a youtube apk with lower version number, it wouldnt get installed saying i already have a newer version. even if youtube was completely removed...

Ralmada

Jan 28, 2019
Hey all! There is no workaround other than installing old version? Since some recent Google Play Services app updates, YouTube and YouTube Music don't even work on my smart TV. It's funny that the app was developed with a message that accuses Google's service of being outdated, when in fact the problem is the opposite. Non-root version/Zenfone 6.

Duvel999

Nov 1, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
OnePlus 6T
Hey all! There is no workaround other than installing old version? Since some recent Google Play Services app updates, YouTube and YouTube Music don't even work on my smart TV. It's funny that the app was developed with a message that accuses Google's service of being outdated, when in fact the problem is the opposite. Non-root version/Zenfone 6.
Try SmartTubeNext for Tv

MohammedAfrar

Mar 31, 2017
Hello,

YT Music not available in our country! It's only working when I am using VPN! Can you please add a bypass to this in order to use without VPN! 😢

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211216-124146_YouTube Music.jpg
    Screenshot_20211216-124146_YouTube Music.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 90

Marooned_MB

Oct 12, 2017
Poznań
As of today comment section came back to the top in a collapsed form even if they are set in settings to be in old format (bottom, expanded). v16.29.39

Ippoglosso1

Jan 27, 2021
i have the same problem, it no longer transmits on tv. it says to update the play services .... it has no updates to do ..... if i use the original youtube app it streams correctly to tv

Non_root version Samsung S21 ultra

scoobyjenkins

Jul 8, 2012
Leeds
OnePlus 5
Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus
i have the same problem, it no longer transmits on tv. it says to update the play services .... it has no updates to do ..... if i use the original youtube app it streams correctly to tv

This is a known issue with microG currently, the root version casts just like the official YouTube.

Reactions: Ippoglosso1

Wolfcity

Recognized Contributor
Apr 26, 2013
Moto G 2014
Moto G5 Plus

Remember that Vanced doesn't block ads while streaming, blocking ads is only working on the device.
For streaming functionality at all you can use an older build of YT Vanced, the last without that streaming issue is 16.02.35 (see attached screenshot) for non root users.
Works as good as the latest version. You'll find older builds on the official Vanced website:
If you can't find that special build there, grab it on APK Mirror:
You need to install it with SAI (Split APKs Installer, can be found on playstore) as it's a bundle.

Attachments

• IMG_20211217_101012.jpg
    IMG_20211217_101012.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_20211217_101104.jpg
    IMG_20211217_101104.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

porotikos

Mar 29, 2016
thank you for the above vanced apk. installed perfectly. unfortunately i cannot login innit but it is a workaround until a proper vanced version is available via vanced manager or a magisk module again. cheers

subhani

Dec 9, 2010
Just in case others are looking for this as I was going nuts doing the same, I uninstalled the non root version of the Vanced app and installed the root version...and now all Youtube links I click on, open in the Vanced app by default again!

I am on a Xiaomi Mix 4 running an Android 12 version of MUI 12. EVERY other 'fix' failed until now!

Reactions: tlala99

kewlzter

Feb 24, 2014
Moto Z4
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Hello peoples, is anyone else getting erroneous autocorrect inserts when typing in comments?

I've switched keyboards (Swiftkey, Google, etc) yet still in V-YouTube my auto correct inserts unnecessary replacements. For example if I type "to" it replaces it with "do", or "cats" with "cars".

This doesn't happen with other apps. So I initially thought it was a compatibility issue with my preferred keyboard (Swiftkey), but after switching to Google, I'm still experiencing this.
So it must be V-YouTube.
☺️

*ᵖʰᵒᵗᵒ ᶦˢ ᵒᶠ ˢʷᶦᶠᵗᵏᵉʸ, ᵃᵘᵗᵒᶜᵒʳʳᵉᶜᵗˢ ᵃʳᵉ ᶦⁿ ᶜᵉⁿᵗᵉʳ ᵇᵒˣ

Attachments

• keyboarderror.jpg
    keyboarderror.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 76

pre.r

Apr 6, 2018
Magisk Files for 15.40.37

(Remember, this whole paragraph... well, post really, is in context of Magisk installs)... If you have issues with the app crashing afterwards, try clearing data for the YouTube app. If it persists, I've had this problem before, and strangely the exact same thing happens if YouTube accidentally gets updated. With previous versions from v14.x and below, with Magisk installs, if YouTube accidentally gets updated we could simply uninstall updates to YouTube and that's it; Vanced is back up and running, no problems. Unfortunately with these newer versions since moving to split apk's and/or the new signature scheme, at least in my experience is I will get persistent crashing until I do the following:
- Uninstall all YouTube updates (btw, YouTube must be a stock/factory system app)
- Clear data for YouTube
- Delete YouTube Vanced Magisk modules, REBOOT
- Update stock YouTube with .apks to same version as current Vanced (using SAI)
- Install YouTube Vanced Magisk module, REBOOT
- should work now without crashing
What i have to do, when i have no option to uninstall updates of youtube, instead of that i have only option to uninstall whole app? Before that i had "stock youtube app", but somehow it become to deflaut app. I dont knw how.

Is any option to install stock youtube app which was installed with Lineage OS 16.0?

Last edited:

immiteshk

Oct 1, 2015
Non root version is crashing since yesterday. Tried reinstalling both micro g and vanced and also disabled battery optimization for both yet it keeps crashing. Crashes as soon as i search for any video or sometimes during a video playback. Seen people posting same thing on telegram group. Anything wrong with the app?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I still use Vanced root v16.29.39 with no problems, but additionally I use CarTube and Fermata

CarTube and Fermata let me watch the YouTube over Android Auto, on the infotainment (head-unit) in the car

For more info - both apps have their respective threads on XDA

PS: More details about my setup for AA:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...g-only-for-root-devices.4062787/post-86771647
    Bug Report

High CPU load caused by logcat spamming, on latest Vanced YouTube / YouTubeMusic app in combination with latest AdAway app or just their official hosts.txt. Same applies for Magisk systemless hosts module.

I had reported (wrongly) this issue firstly to the AdAway team. But they correctly stated that it's app specific issue.

Anyway, I'm not 100 % sure if it's an issue introduced by Vanced-Team or it's just a Google issue.

Workaround
    remove
    from /system/etc/hosts. (save and reboot)
    With the read-only SAR systems (modern Android versions), you can not edit /system/etc/hosts - in that case you need to use Systemless hosts, and then you would have to edit instead /data/adb/modules/hosts/system/etc/hosts file

Besides, you edit the hosts file but AdAway will later update from the hosts sources and will add your removed sites back to the hosts (Blocked list)

Hence simply add your mentioned sites to the AdAway Allowed list and reboot - that's what for the Allowed list in AdAway serves to!
    I use snapdragon, xposed is not so compatible with these cpus.
    How come?!?!

I have Snapdragon in my two Xiaomi phones, both are rooted with Magisk v24

And use Zygisk-LSPosed, not the old XPosed

Then just install the modules you want.
    Maybe some UI module will not work but here we are talking about HMA module that definitely works

Btw, months ago I wrote a detailed guide in this thread how to hide/detach YT from PlayStore (I'm using that already for half a year and so, no problem)

If you are not familiar with Magisk v24, Zygisk etc - that is OT here. But search for Magisk Zygisk thread here on XDA and carefully read the first like 15 or so posts...

See also the screenshots
    With due respect to all developers, I'm increasingly skeptical about all mods available online. I stopped rooting my devices for over 2 years now and don't feel the need for it anymore.

Except AdAway, AFWall+, Titanium Backup (or similar), there really isn't anything that a root user would benefit from. With Dolby Atmos or similar features available natively, even Viper has a very niche use.

Without rooting, you are pretty safe and secure. With root, you can never say that.
    I totally disagree.
    ‼️Before asking or posting anything, please read the first and second posts.‼️

Always check the official Vanced website or XDA thread when downloading. Other sites are fake, contain advertisements (possibly even malware), and have older versions.

Vanced Banner-01-01.png

Vanced is a well-known modded version of the YouTube app with many features such as ad-blocking and background playback. Vanced also offers some extra features to enhance the user experience. The entire list is available below:

Features:

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

Since YouTube v14.41.52, Google has moved to split APKs format. The Android package installer doesn't support Split apks yet, so we are now using Vanced manager for installing all vanced apps. The steps to use the vanced manager are below:
    Especially for MIUI, there's a separate guide that can be accessed using this link. For all other devices, please follow below:

For Non-Root:
    1. Install Vanced Manager
    2. Open Vanced Manager and tap the blue arrow in the lower right corner.
    3. Begin installing Vanced microG. (Without which you won't be able to install Vanced (or Music Vanced) or use login)
    4. Then install Vanced (or Music Vanced), log in to your account and enjoy!
    For Root:
    1. Install Vanced Manager
    2. Open Vanced manager and tap on the "Magisk" icon to grant root permissions.​
    3. Once you are in, begin installing Vanced (or Music Vanced).​

Important information:

• We replaced our root installation with vanced manager, which directly mounts vanced on top of Youtube in the /data/app directory, making it easier and faster than before.
    • Vanced will not block ads while casting since when you use the casting feature, it doesn't send the video from your phone to the Chromecast/TV. Instead, your phone acts like a remote controller for the youtube app in your Chromecast/TV. That is why the advertisement is displayed.
    • Purchasing items in the non-root version of the app will not work as microG doesn't support it. Hence, it is preferable to use the original YouTube app or using the web version for any purchase.
    • If your videos are lagging or the application starts to crash while watching live videos, please enable VP9 codec from codec override present under vanced settings. Google forced the ExoPlayer v2, which is highly experimental and unstable on unsupported devices.
    • YouTube has dropped support for Android 5 (Lollipop) with v17.xx.xx. Hence, the minimum supported version is now Android 6 and above.

Known bugs:

• Swipe down gesture for refreshing home feed breaks randomly. It's an issue with litho that only Google can fix. There's nothing we can do to fix it. (Tap here to learn more)
    • As of v16.16.38, casting won't work due to an upstream microG bug. (Tap here to learn more)
    • On portrait/vertical videos, preferred quality options do not work.
    • Swipe controls triggers when swiping either upwards or downwards to scroll through description or in live chat when in landscape mode.
    • On new action bar layouts(server-sided feature), the new toggles won't work.
    • Info cards toggle is broken (Temp fix: Disable it through your Google account settings. This setting disables info cards everywhere.)
    • App crashes with java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError while playing some video outside of vanced.
    • Manual codec override is broken and very experimental.
    • Some users might face geographical ads on YouTube Shorts tab.
    • SponsorBlock segments at the end of videos in playlists causes playback on the next video to start where the previous one ended.

Social links

Thread Managed by @ZaneZam, @Razerman, @KevinX8 and @laura almeida

BUG Reports:

Steps to do before reporting a bug:
    1. Do a search and see if it has already been reported
    2. Check that the bug is actually a Vanced bug and doesn't happen in the original YouTube.
    Steps to do when reporting a bug:
    1. Make sure you are being enough descriptive of the problem.
    2. Take a logcat (Google search if you don't know how). Especially if the issue is a crash.
    3. Taking pictures of the problem doesn't hurt.
    4. If the report is vague (missing information), it will most likely just be ignored. If you are not going to show any effort in resolving the problem, why should I?
    Bug report template:
    1. Vanced exact version number (Do NOT say latest).
    2. Download link used to download Vanced.
    3. Installation method (whether user SAI or Vanced Manager)
    4. Device.
    5. ROM (optional may not help).
    6. Any applied Substratum/swift overlays.
    7. Logs if there are any crashes/force closes (upload to Pastebin or hastebin or katbin) and paste the link of it with your report. [Check here to know how to get logs]
    8. A brief description of the issue
    9. Any installed mods to the system.
    10. Test your issue on the stock youtube app

Important links:

Downloads:

Alternative Mirrors for pre 15.x: AFH Mediafire
    New site up https://vanced.azurewebsites.net/ with latest version of YouTube as base (13.10). Includes some bugfixes and other changes detailed on discord. At the time of writing this post apkmirror lacks apks for arm so you will have to wait a while until it has them and then we will be able to make arm root builds.
    New update is out v13.28.54 with following changes:
    - 13.28.53 Full width search bar fix
    - Translation support for more strings
    - HDR brightness bug fixed when using swipe controls
    - Auto repeat can now be linked to autoplay toggle
    - Top-Swipe paddig range added
    - Seek buttons fixed
    - COMPLETE REWORK of all mods for v13.27+ versions (many thx and all credits to @Razerman !!)