[CLOSED][APP][MOD][ROOT/NONROOT] Vanced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

y0ur5h4d0w

Dec 7, 2015
the app is amazing! i've got a weird problem though, when i receive a notification the music volume get turned down and then back up, is there an option somewhere to fix this and i'm blind or is it a "bug"? hahahaha

i'm using it on a Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s with Miui 12.0.3 Global :)

wrong thread.... thought i was in youtube MUSIC vanced ^^"

Scennative

Aug 1, 2016
I ha
I installed non-root version, for now...
I have the same problem with Xiaomi.

My solution was:

Delete Youtube with "App Manager" or a similar app.

Boot to TWRP

Go to [Mount], Enable only "Product" and go back.

Go to [Advanced], open the "Terminal" and write:

mount -o rw,remount /product

Go back to [Advanced] and open the "File Manager".

Click on "product/app/YouTube/YouTube.apk" and press "Delete".

-> Maybe you must delete the directory too.

Reboot to the system.

Start "Vanced Manager".

JHWK

Dec 5, 2021
quem teve problemas e quer fazer um relatório adequado é mencionado na 2ª postagem do OP ou você pode seguir este template:

RELATÓRIOS DE ERROS (todos os detalhes DEVEM ser incluídos ou seu relatório será ignorado):

1. Número exato da versão do YouTube Vanced (NÃO diga a última).
2. Link de download usado.
3. Método de instalação.
4. Dispositivo.
5. ROM (opcional pode não ajudar).
6. Quaisquer sobreposições de substrato aplicadas.
7. Logs, se houver (faça upload para del.dog ou Pastebin.com)
8. Uma breve descrição do problema
9. Quaisquer mods instalados no sistema.

(Há muitos tópicos que mostram como capturar o logcat em torno do xda)
Mod edit - translated by https://www.deepl.com/translator:
O VANCED IS DRAINING BATTERY
O VANCED ESTA DRENANDO BATERIA

Last edited by a moderator:

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Mod edit - translated by https://www.deepl.com/translator:
O VANCED IS DRAINING BATTERY
O VANCED ESTA DRENANDO BATERIA
@JHWK

As courtesy, I've translated your above post, and the same applies to your other post here. With reference to rule no. 4 of the XDA Forum Rules, please post in English or add at least an English translation to your Spanish posts. Thanks for your cooperation!
4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.

Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator

Reactions: Logan and Wolfcity

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
How to Mount the Product folder in TWRP?
I can't find it.

Only System or Vendor etc
Mountings are commonly different in live systems to TWRP. Have you checked for /system/product?

Also, running mount; or df -h; on your live system may give you a clue as to the source of the product partition. Even system/partition shows as a mount point.

Scennative

Aug 1, 2016
No, you have the original YouTube - App and the version of Vanced simultaneously installed.

The root version replace the original with the Vanced version.

Hash-82

May 4, 2017
I'm rooted with SuperSU 2.82.
The installer does not work for me.

Where are the instructions for manual installation?

joriq

Aug 11, 2009
Podgorica
No, you have the original YouTube - App and the version of Vanced simultaneously installed.

The root version replace the original with the Vanced version.
I just disabled the original version 😎

Also, with the root version, whenever I go to the play store, it shows that there is an update for YT and I can't just use the "update all" option to update all my apps, I always have to pay attention not to update YT. Tried a few things, magisk modules, but was unable to hide it from being updated.

I might be missing something, but I don't see many reasons to go for the root version nowadays?

Wolfcity

Recognized Contributor
I just disabled the original version 😎

Also, with the root version, whenever I go to the play store, it shows that there is an update for YT and I can't just use the "update all" option to update all my apps, I always have to pay attention not to update YT. Tried a few things, magisk modules, but was unable to hide it from being updated.

I might be missing something, but I don't see many reasons to go for the root version nowadays?
Not really. The latest versions are not able to stream to Chromecast (see attached screenshot) In this case you can use version 16.02.35, the last one without that issue. MicroG doesn't drain much battery for me, just some wake-ups.
Disable original YT and you're good to go. I don't get any update notifications and YT isn't showing up for updates in playstore.

Attachments

• IMG_20211206_162701.jpg
    IMG_20211206_162701.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_20211206_162640.jpg
    IMG_20211206_162640.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 182
Reactions: joriq

mouse100

Sep 20, 2010
I obtain this error when I try to cast the video to nest hub or tv. I need to update play services. But I can't find any updates on play store and Vanced and microg are updated to latest version.
Screenshot_20211207-104344.jpg

Wolfcity

Recognized Contributor
I obtain this error when I try to cast the video to nest hub or tv. I need to update play services. But I can't find any updates on play store and Vanced and microg are updated to latest version.
View attachment 5476687
Check this post and the screenshot (two above yours):
In your case it's not Chromecast but when I try to cast with newer versions of Vanced I get exactly the same error. Updating Google Play Services doesn't help (btw, you can get those updates on APK Mirror).
Roll back to build 16.02.35 or earlier, that should solve the problem.
You can get older versions on the official YouTube Vanced website https://vancedapp.com/
Install it with SAI (Split APKs Installer) from playstore.

kod_yaphets

Feb 12, 2020
Hi everyone
Im using YC version: 16.29.39 non-root and recently my youtube account had stranger video in video history, is that youtube vanced "feature" that i dont know or something wrong with my account ? (I had chance my password for few times and logout from all device but the stranger videos still keep bumping)

yazzine

May 19, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Great App! But one small issue....
I love all the features in Vanced and even tho I already have a network wide adblocker I still find myself using this app if not just alone for the Sponsor block feature. For being in beta its very accurate and i am a big fan of how customizable the actions for it are. Tho im having one slight problem. This only happened once so far. I have an Samsung Galaxy S20 FE with Magisk 23.0, and randomly while i was watching videos youtube vanced crashed really badly. I couldnt even start the app and had to wait for a minute until it was able to start again but then just regular youtube started. Vanced Manager still thought it was working fine and was installed but after "uninstalling" it and reinstalling it worked fine. As i said only happened once for me so far but if anyone else had this issue and found a fix please feel free to share.

Irfy84

Aug 3, 2011
OnePlus 12
This is a bug report.

1. YouTube Vanced 16.29.39 . However, using earlier versions does not help.
2/3. Installed via Vanced Manager by selecting "latest" version (=16.29.39)
4. OnePlus Nord 2 5G, model "DN2103", SoC "Dimensity 1200-AI Octa-core"
5. OxygenOS V11.3, Android 11 up-to-date
6. No Substratum overlays
7. https://pastebin.com/qnzNqYGZ
8. After phone restart, the icon changes to the youtube icon and the app crashes immediately. `adb logcat --buffer=crash` shows the above linked FATAL EXCEPTION trace. As if the system does something to youtube at startup that messes up vanced installation. Vanced Manager says the version is the same and all looks good. A full uninstall + install cycle is necessary to fix, nothing else helps (clearing cache, data, uninstalling updates, force stopping, etc. etc.). It sounds similar to what yazzine described in the previous post. It also happens randomly, after some time without any obvious triggers.
9. Magisk modules:
  • busybox,
  • detach (with an "every 2 minute" crond detach job for youtube+ytmusic: "*/2 * * * * su -c detach -t")
  • MagiskHide Props Config
  • Riru
  • Systemless Hosts
  • Universal SafetyNet Fix
I'll gladly provide more details if needed.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
This is a bug report.

1. YouTube Vanced 16.29.39 . However, using earlier versions does not help.
2/3. Installed via Vanced Manager by selecting "latest" version (=16.29.39)
4. OnePlus Nord 2 5G, model "DN2103", SoC "Dimensity 1200-AI Octa-core"
5. OxygenOS V11.3, Android 11 up-to-date
6. No Substratum overlays
7. https://pastebin.com/qnzNqYGZ
8. After phone restart, the icon changes to the youtube icon and the app crashes immediately. `adb logcat --buffer=crash` shows the above linked FATAL EXCEPTION trace. As if the system does something to youtube at startup that messes up vanced installation. Vanced Manager says the version is the same and all looks good. A full uninstall + install cycle is necessary to fix, nothing else helps (clearing cache, data, uninstalling updates, force stopping, etc. etc.). It sounds similar to what yazzine described in the previous post. It also happens randomly, after some time without any obvious triggers.
9. Magisk modules:
  • busybox,
  • detach (with an "every 2 minute" crond detach job for youtube+ytmusic: "*/2 * * * * su -c detach -t")
  • MagiskHide Props Config
  • Riru
  • Systemless Hosts
  • Universal SafetyNet Fix
I'll gladly provide more details if needed.
What sounds suspicious tomme is that yu have a process running in the background, repeatedly, doing something to YouTube (your cron detach script) while you are running YouTube. Have you tested without the detach script running or even ran a single time after a fresh install?

PS: I created a detach method that does not require a cron job to ensure it stays detached.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mod Edit├┤Closing note. YouTube Vanced lives on in ReVanced (not affiliated with Vanced)├

‼️Before asking or posting anything, please read the first and second posts.‼️

Always check the official Vanced website or XDA thread when downloading. Other sites are fake, contain advertisements (possibly even malware), and have older versions.

Vanced Banner-01-01.png

Vanced is a well-known modded version of the YouTube app with many features such as ad-blocking and background playback. Vanced also offers some extra features to enhance the user experience. The entire list is available below:

Features:

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

Since YouTube v14.41.52, Google has moved to split APKs format. The Android package installer doesn't support Split apks yet, so we are now using Vanced manager for installing all vanced apps. The steps to use the vanced manager are below:
    Especially for MIUI, there's a separate guide that can be accessed using this link. For all other devices, please follow below:

For Non-Root:
    1. Install Vanced Manager
    2. Open Vanced Manager and tap the blue arrow in the lower right corner.
    3. Begin installing Vanced microG. (Without which you won't be able to install Vanced (or Music Vanced) or use login)
    4. Then install Vanced (or Music Vanced), log in to your account and enjoy!
    For Root:
    1. Install Vanced Manager
    2. Open Vanced manager and tap on the "Magisk" icon to grant root permissions.​
    3. Once you are in, begin installing Vanced (or Music Vanced).​

Important information:

• We replaced our root installation with vanced manager, which directly mounts vanced on top of Youtube in the /data/app directory, making it easier and faster than before.
    • Vanced will not block ads while casting since when you use the casting feature, it doesn't send the video from your phone to the Chromecast/TV. Instead, your phone acts like a remote controller for the youtube app in your Chromecast/TV. That is why the advertisement is displayed.
    • Purchasing items in the non-root version of the app will not work as microG doesn't support it. Hence, it is preferable to use the original YouTube app or using the web version for any purchase.
    • If your videos are lagging or the application starts to crash while watching live videos, please enable VP9 codec from codec override present under vanced settings. Google forced the ExoPlayer v2, which is highly experimental and unstable on unsupported devices.
    • YouTube has dropped support for Android 5 (Lollipop) with v17.xx.xx. Hence, the minimum supported version is now Android 6 and above.

Known bugs:

• Swipe down gesture for refreshing home feed breaks randomly. It's an issue with litho that only Google can fix. There's nothing we can do to fix it. (Tap here to learn more)
    • As of v16.16.38, casting won't work due to an upstream microG bug. (Tap here to learn more)
    • On portrait/vertical videos, preferred quality options do not work.
    • Swipe controls triggers when swiping either upwards or downwards to scroll through description or in live chat when in landscape mode.
    • On new action bar layouts(server-sided feature), the new toggles won't work.
    • Info cards toggle is broken (Temp fix: Disable it through your Google account settings. This setting disables info cards everywhere.)
    • App crashes with java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError while playing some video outside of vanced.
    • Manual codec override is broken and very experimental.
    • Some users might face geographical ads on YouTube Shorts tab.
    • SponsorBlock segments at the end of videos in playlists causes playback on the next video to start where the previous one ended.

Social links

Thread Managed by @ZaneZam, @Razerman, @KevinX8 and @laura almeida

BUG Reports:

Steps to do before reporting a bug:
    1. Do a search and see if it has already been reported
    2. Check that the bug is actually a Vanced bug and doesn't happen in the original YouTube.
    Steps to do when reporting a bug:
    1. Make sure you are being enough descriptive of the problem.
    2. Take a logcat (Google search if you don't know how). Especially if the issue is a crash.
    3. Taking pictures of the problem doesn't hurt.
    4. If the report is vague (missing information), it will most likely just be ignored. If you are not going to show any effort in resolving the problem, why should I?
    Bug report template:
    1. Vanced exact version number (Do NOT say latest).
    2. Download link used to download Vanced.
    3. Installation method (whether user SAI or Vanced Manager)
    4. Device.
    5. ROM (optional may not help).
    6. Any applied Substratum/swift overlays.
    7. Logs if there are any crashes/force closes (upload to Pastebin or hastebin or katbin) and paste the link of it with your report. [Check here to know how to get logs]
    8. A brief description of the issue
    9. Any installed mods to the system.
    10. Test your issue on the stock youtube app

Important links:

Downloads:

Alternative Mirrors for pre 15.x: AFH Mediafire
    New site up https://vanced.azurewebsites.net/ with latest version of YouTube as base (13.10). Includes some bugfixes and other changes detailed on discord. At the time of writing this post apkmirror lacks apks for arm so you will have to wait a while until it has them and then we will be able to make arm root builds.
    New update is out v13.28.54 with following changes:
    - 13.28.53 Full width search bar fix
    - Translation support for more strings
    - HDR brightness bug fixed when using swipe controls
    - Auto repeat can now be linked to autoplay toggle
    - Top-Swipe paddig range added
    - Seek buttons fixed
    - COMPLETE REWORK of all mods for v13.27+ versions (many thx and all credits to @Razerman !!)