Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ipdev

Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2016
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 7 (2013)
<SNIP>
The even more strange thing, is that it was replaced with YouTube version 16.xx.xx. This is not the last version from PlayStore! Maybe it is the factory version. I don't know.
<SNIP>.
Just a clarification : my previous installation was based on replacing manual base.apk (dark or black) to data/app...
<SNIP>
Looking back at your previous posts, it looks like the newer version was not passing verification on boot.
So the older preinstalled (system) version was being loaded instead.

During boot, it will find both versions and load the newest version that passes verification.
Example:
User installed v17.03.38
System (preinstalled) v16.20.35

During boot, it will verify v17.03.38 and load it.
If v17.03.38 fails verification, it will load v16.20.35 instead.​

If your preinstalled (system) version fails verification, or does not exist (debloated), then no YouTube will be loaded.

Cheers. :cowboy:

GreekPilot

Jun 12, 2008
OnePlus 10 Pro
Looking back at your previous posts, it looks like the newer version was not passing verification on boot.
So the older preinstalled (system) version was being loaded instead.

During boot, it will find both versions and load the newest version that passes verification.
Example:
User installed v17.03.38​
System (preinstalled) v16.20.35​
During boot, it will verify v17.03.38 and load it.​
If v17.03.38 fails verification, it will load v16.20.35 instead.​

If your preinstalled (system) version fails verification, or does not exist (debloated), then no YouTube will be loaded.

Cheers. :cowboy:
This is finally a reply that really answers a lot of my questions... Thank you.

Reactions: ipdev

saoudien07

Apr 27, 2016
Hide My Apps:

1)
- Manage Templates
- Create Blacklist templates
- Edit list of Invisible apps
- add YouTube and more apps if you want to detach
- Give the name to the template, like Playstore
- don't forget to Save

2)
- Select Effective apps
- Show system apps
- select Google Play Store
- tick Enable Hide
- Work mode = Blacklist (by default)
- tick Enable all hide methods
- Choose template: Playstore, from (1)
- again, don't forget to Save

Reboot

But be aware that with the newest Magisk Canary as of yesterday, Riru does no more work (if Zygisk is enabled, where Zygisk is neccessary for DenyList and SafetyNet)

Therefore, there is a new Zygisk-LSPosed Magisk module (LSPosed bypassing Riru and using Zygisk). In that case Riru and Riru-LSPosed must be uninstalled, new Zygisk-LSPosed installed in Magisk, enabled, rebooted, and all LSPosed modules reconfigured again
Hello, I followed instructions to block Vanced from being seen from PlayStore, and being updated and remplaced by official YouTube app, and it is working fine. After a reboot, youtube is no more seen by PlayStore as espected.
Unfortunatly here come the weird part, every morning Vanced is no more present on my phone, how come? and stranger is that it is not remplaced by Official YouTube. Back then, I experienced this replace issue, and I kind of know how it looks, PlayStore Auto update apps, and Official Youtube is back, sucks. So back then I used SudoHide, and it worked fine for around more than 2 years.
This time, I am on Android 12, so Magisk 24, I decide to give a shot to Zygisk-LSPosed + DenyList + HideMyApp.
It works fine to hide Vanced YouTube from PlayStore, but I dont understand why the heck, is Vanced gone every morning?
Anybody experiencing such issue??
Also about DenyList, I did not catch very well what app need to be selected there. What should be selected related to Vanced "hiding" from PlayStore ?? or this feature like old goody MagiskHide is more suited for apps such as Banking apps, which detected rooted device?
Thx for any enlightment.

Last edited:

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Hello, I followed instructions to block Vanced from being seen from PlayStore, and being updated and remplaced by official YouTube app, and it is working fine. After a reboot, youtube is no more seen by PlayStore as espected.
Unfortunatly here come the weird part, every morning Vanced is no more present on my phone, how come? and stranger is that it is not remplaced by Official YouTube. Back then, I experienced this replace issue, and I kind of know how it looks, PlayStore Auto update apps, and hope Official Youtube is back, sucks. So back then I used SudoHide, and it worked fine for around more than 2 years.
This time, I am on Android 12, so Magisk 24, I decide to give a shot to Zygisk-LSPosed + DenyList + HideMyApp.
It works fine to hide youTube from PlayStore, but I dont understand why the heck, is Vanced gone every morning?
Also about DenyList, I did not catch very well what app need to be selected there, I guess it is more suit for Banking apps, or for apps to dont need to recognize your phone as rooted, but in case of Vanced, I guess no App need to be selected, maybe I am wrong, those are assumptions.
Thx for any enlightment.
I am not clear in what you are describing as happening now, as opposed to in the past.

When you boot up in the morning, do you have ANY YouTube?

Reactions: ipdev

saoudien07

Apr 27, 2016
I am not clear in what you are describing as happening now, as opposed to in the past.

When you boot up in the morning, do you have ANY YouTube?
No Youtube at all
ok, sorry if I kind of got lost in my previous comment.
So evening I install Vanced Youtube and set up Zygisk-LSPosed + DenyList + HideMyApp. Everything as supposed, and no more PlayStore update proposed, what we all wish, everythink good till here.
Next day morning, Vanced is gone! no icone, nothing, not even remplaced by official YouTube, simply gone. 0 YouTube!
So again I have to reinstall it through Vanced Manager. This weird issue has been happening for last 5/6 days.
PS: I am new on Android 12, only about 2 weeks.

Last edited:

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
Unfortunatly here come the weird part, every morning Vanced is no more present on my phone, how come? and stranger is that it is not remplaced by Official YouTube. Back then, I experienced this replace issue, and I kind of know how it looks, PlayStore Auto update apps, and Official Youtube is back, sucks. So back then I used SudoHide, and it worked fine for around more than 2 years.
It works fine to hide Vanced YouTube from PlayStore, but I dont understand why the heck, is Vanced gone every morning?
Also about DenyList, I did not catch very well what app need to be selected there. What should be selected related to Vanced "hiding" from PlayStore ?? or this feature like old goody MagiskHide is more suited for apps such as Banking apps, which detected rooted device?
Thx for any enlightment.
Did you read post #20535, half a day earlier than yours. Seems you have also that issue with verification

Btw, I'm still on A11 and I use Vanced root v16.29.39 (the last but one) and I have no problem with loosing YT or anything (Hide My Apps keep it detached from Playstore, preventing it from being updated). I reboot every few days and Vanced root stays installed and running

Last edited:
Reactions: GreekPilot

ace2nutzer

Recognized Developer
Apr 28, 2014
Germany
Samsung Galaxy Ace II
Samsung Galaxy S8
Bug Report

High CPU load caused by logcat spamming, on latest Vanced YouTube / YouTubeMusic app in combination with latest AdAway app or just their official hosts.txt. Same applies for Magisk systemless hosts module.

I had reported (wrongly) this issue firstly to the AdAway team. But they correctly stated that it's app specific issue.

Anyway, I'm not 100 % sure if it's an issue introduced by Vanced-Team or it's just a Google issue.

Workaround
remove
from /system/etc/hosts. (save and reboot)

Jexboxer

Jul 13, 2016
Bug Report

High CPU load caused by logcat spamming, on latest Vanced YouTube / YouTubeMusic app in combination with latest AdAway app or just their official hosts.txt. Same applies for Magisk systemless hosts module.

I had reported (wrongly) this issue firstly to the AdAway team. But they correctly stated that it's app specific issue.

Anyway, I'm not 100 % sure if it's an issue introduced by Vanced-Team or it's just a Google issue.

Workaround
remove
I don't know if this issue is ever going to get fixed or not because Google has taken legal action against Vanced developers to take it down and they have done so on their official website.

I hope they come back with a rename "VanceTube" just like SmartTube app for TV which I say is the TV version of Vanced.

Reactions: ace2nutzer

Jexboxer

Jul 13, 2016
I am using Hide my App and I hide vanced from PlayStore. The even more strange thing, is that it was replaced with YouTube version 16.xx.xx. This is not the last version from PlayStore! Maybe it is the factory version. I don't know.

I can't answer your last question, as I am not an expert. Just a clarification : my previous installation was based on replacing manual base.apk (dark or black) to data/app...

Last but not least, thank you very much for your time and help.
You just need to turn off Auto Update on YouTube on playstore. That's all. Or just install The non root version of vanced through vanced manager and make the settings in it's app property to open up YouTube related links by default while disabling the same for The original YouTube app.

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
I don't know if this issue is ever going to get fixed or not because Google has taken legal action against Vanced developers to take it down and they have done so on their official website.

I hope they come back with a rename "VanceTube" just like SmartTube app for TV which I say is the TV version of Vanced.
See the subsequent post/comment

Last edited:

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
Bug Report

Workaround
remove
With the read-only SAR systems (modern Android versions), you can not edit /system/etc/hosts - in that case you need to use Systemless hosts, and then you would have to edit instead /data/adb/modules/hosts/system/etc/hosts file

Besides, you edit the hosts file but AdAway will later update from the hosts sources and will add your removed sites back to the hosts (Blocked list)

Hence simply add your mentioned sites to the AdAway Allowed list and reboot - that's what for the Allowed list in AdAway serves to!

Last edited:

Hitti2

i have s10+ n fam has same device, vanced tube music works fine
Screenshot_20220508-165051_Vanced Manager.jpg

would

Code:
Disable auto update from dev options. Then type the following in cmd/terminal while usb debugging on:

adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.sec.android.soagent
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.wssyncmldm
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.samsung.sdm
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.samsung.sdm.sdmviewer
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.ws.dm

Ignore the error out if package doesn't exist.

have anything to do with interrupting the problems occurring to ppl?

because both s10+ vanced tube and music works fine

Hitti2

i have s10+ n fam has same device, vanced tube music works fine
View attachment 5609593

would

Code:
Disable auto update from dev options. Then type the following in cmd/terminal while usb debugging on:

adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.sec.android.soagent
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.wssyncmldm
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.samsung.sdm
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.samsung.sdm.sdmviewer
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.ws.dm

Ignore the error out if package doesn't exist.

have anything to do with interrupting the problems occurring to ppl?

because both s10+ vanced tube and music works fine
Screenshot_20220508-171320_One UI Home.jpg

rdtmax04

Apr 22, 2022
Help please.
Vanced version : 17.... but vanced app disnt show any update after v14
Now I'm not able to sign in. Should I install new Micro G.
Or anybody know where to get Non root vanced.
From their faq:
- if you are getting a connection error, and cannot load YouTube.

• Be sure you installed the latest MicroG version along with the latest Vanced version. Make sure you install MicroG APK before you install the Vanced APK.

• If you've recently changed your password or modified anything on your Google account, you'll need to log out, uninstall MicroG and Vanced, reinstall MicroG then Vanced, and then log back in.

• If you have 2-Factor-Authentication on your Google account and encounter the error, remove it, log in to MicroG, then you can add it back to your account.

• You can also try clearing app data (system settings > apps > MicroG for Vanced > storage > clear app data, and repeat the same for the Vanced app).

• Disabling battery optimization for both of the apps (instructions can be found here) might also be helpful.

• Removing your account from MicroG/Vanced can also help.

The last Microg apk --> here
The last vanced youtube --> xxxxx
Mod Edit: Please read THIS post.

Last edited by a moderator:

ps000000

Sep 17, 2011
Nonthaburi / Bangkok
Vanced Root (10 May 2022) .
Seem blocked due to too old version ???

The app icon disappear from home / drawer.

But in my play store show youtube vanced without open botton
only uninstall / update botton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mod Edit├┤Closing note. YouTube Vanced lives on in ReVanced (not affiliated with Vanced)├

‼️Before asking or posting anything, please read the first and second posts.‼️

Always check the official Vanced website or XDA thread when downloading. Other sites are fake, contain advertisements (possibly even malware), and have older versions.

Vanced Banner-01-01.png

Vanced is a well-known modded version of the YouTube app with many features such as ad-blocking and background playback. Vanced also offers some extra features to enhance the user experience. The entire list is available below:

Features:

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

Since YouTube v14.41.52, Google has moved to split APKs format. The Android package installer doesn't support Split apks yet, so we are now using Vanced manager for installing all vanced apps. The steps to use the vanced manager are below:
    Especially for MIUI, there's a separate guide that can be accessed using this link. For all other devices, please follow below:

For Non-Root:
    1. Install Vanced Manager
    2. Open Vanced Manager and tap the blue arrow in the lower right corner.
    3. Begin installing Vanced microG. (Without which you won't be able to install Vanced (or Music Vanced) or use login)
    4. Then install Vanced (or Music Vanced), log in to your account and enjoy!
    For Root:
    1. Install Vanced Manager
    2. Open Vanced manager and tap on the "Magisk" icon to grant root permissions.​
    3. Once you are in, begin installing Vanced (or Music Vanced).​

Important information:

• We replaced our root installation with vanced manager, which directly mounts vanced on top of Youtube in the /data/app directory, making it easier and faster than before.
    • Vanced will not block ads while casting since when you use the casting feature, it doesn't send the video from your phone to the Chromecast/TV. Instead, your phone acts like a remote controller for the youtube app in your Chromecast/TV. That is why the advertisement is displayed.
    • Purchasing items in the non-root version of the app will not work as microG doesn't support it. Hence, it is preferable to use the original YouTube app or using the web version for any purchase.
    • If your videos are lagging or the application starts to crash while watching live videos, please enable VP9 codec from codec override present under vanced settings. Google forced the ExoPlayer v2, which is highly experimental and unstable on unsupported devices.
    • YouTube has dropped support for Android 5 (Lollipop) with v17.xx.xx. Hence, the minimum supported version is now Android 6 and above.

Known bugs:

• Swipe down gesture for refreshing home feed breaks randomly. It's an issue with litho that only Google can fix. There's nothing we can do to fix it. (Tap here to learn more)
    • As of v16.16.38, casting won't work due to an upstream microG bug. (Tap here to learn more)
    • On portrait/vertical videos, preferred quality options do not work.
    • Swipe controls triggers when swiping either upwards or downwards to scroll through description or in live chat when in landscape mode.
    • On new action bar layouts(server-sided feature), the new toggles won't work.
    • Info cards toggle is broken (Temp fix: Disable it through your Google account settings. This setting disables info cards everywhere.)
    • App crashes with java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError while playing some video outside of vanced.
    • Manual codec override is broken and very experimental.
    • Some users might face geographical ads on YouTube Shorts tab.
    • SponsorBlock segments at the end of videos in playlists causes playback on the next video to start where the previous one ended.

Social links

Thread Managed by @ZaneZam, @Razerman, @KevinX8 and @laura almeida

BUG Reports:

Steps to do before reporting a bug:
    1. Do a search and see if it has already been reported
    2. Check that the bug is actually a Vanced bug and doesn't happen in the original YouTube.
    Steps to do when reporting a bug:
    1. Make sure you are being enough descriptive of the problem.
    2. Take a logcat (Google search if you don't know how). Especially if the issue is a crash.
    3. Taking pictures of the problem doesn't hurt.
    4. If the report is vague (missing information), it will most likely just be ignored. If you are not going to show any effort in resolving the problem, why should I?
    Bug report template:
    1. Vanced exact version number (Do NOT say latest).
    2. Download link used to download Vanced.
    3. Installation method (whether user SAI or Vanced Manager)
    4. Device.
    5. ROM (optional may not help).
    6. Any applied Substratum/swift overlays.
    7. Logs if there are any crashes/force closes (upload to Pastebin or hastebin or katbin) and paste the link of it with your report. [Check here to know how to get logs]
    8. A brief description of the issue
    9. Any installed mods to the system.
    10. Test your issue on the stock youtube app

Important links:

Downloads:

Alternative Mirrors for pre 15.x: AFH Mediafire
    New site up https://vanced.azurewebsites.net/ with latest version of YouTube as base (13.10). Includes some bugfixes and other changes detailed on discord. At the time of writing this post apkmirror lacks apks for arm so you will have to wait a while until it has them and then we will be able to make arm root builds.
    New update is out v13.28.54 with following changes:
    - 13.28.53 Full width search bar fix
    - Translation support for more strings
    - HDR brightness bug fixed when using swipe controls
    - Auto repeat can now be linked to autoplay toggle
    - Top-Swipe paddig range added
    - Seek buttons fixed
    - COMPLETE REWORK of all mods for v13.27+ versions (many thx and all credits to @Razerman !!)