[CLOSED][APP][MOD][ROOT/NONROOT] Vanced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
I'm thinking if all of us wiped our phone reset I think vanced would not be available, install ir what ever.
Not true I'm on my S22 Ultra 5G Snapdragon 512GB Youtube Vanced works , cause i factory reset my AT&T Note20 Ultra 5G Snapdragon 512GB installed Youtube Vanced and works.
Both unrooted

Reactions: Lz3807775t

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Hi, is YT Vanced still good to use?
I got other issues. My Youtube vanmced stopped BUT an install of Google YouTube also fails. Maybe thats whgat you are hearing about failing. ie not specific to vanced. And I think my Vanced & youtube started failing before vanced was shut down.

PS: If anyone has any ideas, Im open to hear them. I looked a while back briefly at a logcat, but didnt see anything standing out, but it was very briefly.

Reactions: Zaiakursed

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
I got other issues. My Youtube vanmced stopped BUT an install of Google YouTube also fails. Maybe thats whgat you are hearing about failing. ie not specific to vanced. And I think my Vanced & youtube started failing before vanced was shut down.

PS: If anyone has any ideas, Im open to hear them. I looked a while back briefly at a logcat, but didnt see anything standing out, but it was very briefly.
Only Vanced Manager connects to Vanced server. Vanced YouTube (root or not) does not connect to Vanced server but to YouTube

If you use non-root, I cannot help (I don't use), but probably MicroG has some issues with logging or staying logged to YT

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
I'm thinking if all of us wiped our phone reset I think vanced would not be available, install ir what ever.
You don't need Vanced Manager and Vanced server to install. In the last five months I have installed root Vanced several times from my downloaded copies.

I have downloaded everything what I need.
Please don't ask how I do - I will not answer: everything has been described in this thread several times (about the times when Vanced was shutting down and earlier)

Hitti2

You don't need Vanced Manager and Vanced server to install. In the last five months I have installed root Vanced several times from my downloaded copies.

Please don't ask how I do - I will not answer: everything has been described in this thread several times (about the times when Vanced was shutting down and earlier)
why has YouTube vanced stopped working for my friend and it still works for me?

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
why has YouTube vanced stopped working for my friend and it still works for me?
As I said I don't know for potential problems with MicroG and nob-root Vanced

For root Vanced:
- he might had too old version of Vanced (therefore too old YT)
- or he did not properly protect himself from Playstore updating the YT (properly detaching) - if Playstore updates YT, your root Vanced is gone

Once again, do not talk generally. There are SUBSTANTiAL diff between root and non-root. Asking why it stopped working is like asking why your car stopped working (which car model, petrol or electric, etc)

Hitti2

As I said I don't know for potential problems with MicroG and nob-root Vanced

For root Vanced:
- he might had too old version of Vanced (therefore too old YT)
- or he did not properly protect himself from Playstore updating the YT (properly detaching) - if Playstore updates YT, your root Vanced is gone

Once again, do not talk generally. There are SUBSTANTiAL diff between root and non-root. Asking why it stopped working is like asking why your car stopped working (which car model, petrol or electric, etc)
like your car stop working? 🤣🤦, no this is not me mechanics sorry. question still remains.

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
like your car stop working? 🤣🤦, no this is not me mechanics sorry. question still remains.
Please if you are newbie here, read in this thread through the old posts to understand differences between root and non-root Vanced.

Question why Vanced stopped working, without declaring are you talking about the root or non-root is meaningless and I will no more waste more time. I'm user like you - you can also read and learn things that were posted and described in this thread. I did and root Vanced works for me

Zaiakursed

Feb 18, 2019
Hokkaido
mine still works while others dont. i dont know why mine still works. And same device my fam m has s10+. Maybe because i have updates disabeld. maybe thats why?

Disable auto update from dev options. Then type the following in cmd/terminal while usb debugging on:

adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.sec.android.soagent
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.wssyncmldm
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.samsung.sdm
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.samsung.sdm.sdmviewer
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.ws.dm

Ignore the error out if package doesn't exist.

View attachment 5645337

Good to know that it is still working, I'm planning to install it on a Samsung Tab A8 and a Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE

I'm also thinking to install it via SAI only, I haven't fully understand the 1st & 2nd post but I think this method will do, I also read that MIUI have a different method.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney

Only Vanced Manager connects to Vanced server. Vanced YouTube (root or not) does not connect to Vanced server but to YouTube

If you use non-root, I cannot help (I don't use), but probably MicroG has some issues with logging or staying logged to YT
Sorry. I obviously wasnt clear. I was being brief, as its not a vanced specific issue, and hence was limiting the OT (while hoping maybe someone else had resolved the same issue ;)), and the statement "I got OTHER issues".

So,
  • I am using ROOT Vanced
  • Its not the Manager that is failing (I understand its dead)
  • Google YouTube also fails! so there is something to fix, before getting Vanced to work
  • I am currently using NewPipe as a workaround, which does work. Not a show-stopper issue, as I mostly view YT on the desktop, and use YT on device for a GUI for @xda_dentex YouTube downloader
  • I too have ALL the files necessary to reinstate Vanced ROOT; but until GYT works, I am not expecting VYT to work.
It sits on the waiting screen for what seems like forever, and then says I have no connection. I have tested turning off my host blocking, but that didnt help, and it used to work; but of course hosts blocked changes over time, but as I said, I turned it off to no avail. Also, NewPipe works.
Screenshot_20220626-102222.png Screenshot_20220626-102246.png
And to state what is easily seen, thats with GYT

It always sits in the back of my head that I have been banned by google, but I dismiss that idea very quickly as I am not a heavy user (a couple short vids a week), and others have only talked about the possibility not confirmed that it has happened to them

Last edited:
My hunch for people that experience problems is that ether their device is inferior or it's a skill issue, because vanced works flawlessly for me (s22 ultra unrooted) and many others, so I feel like part of the problem is people that are not phone smart and just let everything be.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
My hunch for people that experience problems is that ether their device is inferior or it's a skill issue, because vanced works flawlessly for me (s22 ultra unrooted) and many others, so I feel like part of the problem is people that are not phone smart and just let everything be.
Its not that simple for all cases. I am a dev, I build admin/utility root apps, Magisk modules, shell scripts and have compiled android OS from source, and I have an issue. My device is also pretty new, as a Pixel 4a. There is more to android than people not beinmg "phone smart". "Do not ask for whom the bell tolls...." ;)

zlaer

Apr 22, 2021
Disable auto update from dev options. Then type the following in cmd/terminal while usb debugging on:

adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.sec.android.soagent
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.wssyncmldm
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.samsung.sdm
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.samsung.sdm.sdmviewer
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.ws.dm

Ignore the error out if package doesn't exist.

Kinda confused by this. I have the unrooted version of vanced. What will these ADB commends do? Are they needed for the unrooted version?

Hitti2

Kinda confused by this. I have the unrooted version of vanced. What will these ADB commends do? Are they needed for the unrooted version?
this is what confuses me if this helps I wanted to bootloader unlock my S10 Plus by paying for it, join the channel of telegram, i amtrying to figure out what i did to keep ytv going. anyways those are commands to stop internal updates for your Google Android operating system.

maybe we all could pitch in what we're doing to figure out why it works and why it doesn't.

zlaer

Apr 22, 2021
those are commands to stop internal updates for your Google Android operating system.

But isnt that dangerous in the sense that stopping updates to the android system can ruin the operations of the phone?

Will those ADB commands stop android updates from interfering with vanced?

Hitti2

But isnt that dangerous in the sense that stopping updates to the android system can ruin the operations of the phone?

Will those ADB commands stop android updates from interfering with vanced?
updates are bad, samsung removed am/fm radio function with 3.1 and i wish i stayed on oneui 2.5, removed the unlock token to bootloader unlock to root.

i used those cmds on my nvidia shield android tv pro as well, im glad i did because latest firmware breaks everything.

i have these cmds done on amdroid tv and 2 s10+'s and tab s7+.

as for if it helps vanced i dont know, i was just posting what i have done to my s10+'s where unroot vanced still works. my friend told me that his totally stopped working so I looked it up a long time ago heard they took it down but mine kept working so. I do not want to reset my phone at all just case I lose the function of YouTube vanced.

Last edited:

zlaer

Apr 22, 2021
updates are bad, samsung removed am/fm radio function with 3.1 and i wish i stayed on oneui 2.5, removed the unlock token to bootloader unlock to root.

i used those cmds on my nvidia shield android tv pro as well, im glad i did because latest firmware breaks everything.

i have these cmds done on amdroid tv and 2 s10+'s and tab s7+.

as for if it helps vanced i dont know, i was just posting what i have done to my s10+'s where unroot vanced still works. my friend told me that his totally stopped working so I looked it up a long time ago heard they took it down but mine kept working so. I do not want to reset my phone at all just case I lose the function of YouTube vanced.

Hey dude.. check my pm I sent you. I cant post a simple innocent question here cuz a few people are weird here. Looking forward to your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mod Edit├┤Closing note. YouTube Vanced lives on in ReVanced (not affiliated with Vanced)├

‼️Before asking or posting anything, please read the first and second posts.‼️

Always check the official Vanced website or XDA thread when downloading. Other sites are fake, contain advertisements (possibly even malware), and have older versions.

Vanced Banner-01-01.png

Vanced is a well-known modded version of the YouTube app with many features such as ad-blocking and background playback. Vanced also offers some extra features to enhance the user experience. The entire list is available below:

Features:

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

Since YouTube v14.41.52, Google has moved to split APKs format. The Android package installer doesn't support Split apks yet, so we are now using Vanced manager for installing all vanced apps. The steps to use the vanced manager are below:
    Especially for MIUI, there's a separate guide that can be accessed using this link. For all other devices, please follow below:

For Non-Root:
    1. Install Vanced Manager
    2. Open Vanced Manager and tap the blue arrow in the lower right corner.
    3. Begin installing Vanced microG. (Without which you won't be able to install Vanced (or Music Vanced) or use login)
    4. Then install Vanced (or Music Vanced), log in to your account and enjoy!
    For Root:
    1. Install Vanced Manager
    2. Open Vanced manager and tap on the "Magisk" icon to grant root permissions.​
    3. Once you are in, begin installing Vanced (or Music Vanced).​

Important information:

• We replaced our root installation with vanced manager, which directly mounts vanced on top of Youtube in the /data/app directory, making it easier and faster than before.
    • Vanced will not block ads while casting since when you use the casting feature, it doesn't send the video from your phone to the Chromecast/TV. Instead, your phone acts like a remote controller for the youtube app in your Chromecast/TV. That is why the advertisement is displayed.
    • Purchasing items in the non-root version of the app will not work as microG doesn't support it. Hence, it is preferable to use the original YouTube app or using the web version for any purchase.
    • If your videos are lagging or the application starts to crash while watching live videos, please enable VP9 codec from codec override present under vanced settings. Google forced the ExoPlayer v2, which is highly experimental and unstable on unsupported devices.
    • YouTube has dropped support for Android 5 (Lollipop) with v17.xx.xx. Hence, the minimum supported version is now Android 6 and above.

Known bugs:

• Swipe down gesture for refreshing home feed breaks randomly. It's an issue with litho that only Google can fix. There's nothing we can do to fix it. (Tap here to learn more)
    • As of v16.16.38, casting won't work due to an upstream microG bug. (Tap here to learn more)
    • On portrait/vertical videos, preferred quality options do not work.
    • Swipe controls triggers when swiping either upwards or downwards to scroll through description or in live chat when in landscape mode.
    • On new action bar layouts(server-sided feature), the new toggles won't work.
    • Info cards toggle is broken (Temp fix: Disable it through your Google account settings. This setting disables info cards everywhere.)
    • App crashes with java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError while playing some video outside of vanced.
    • Manual codec override is broken and very experimental.
    • Some users might face geographical ads on YouTube Shorts tab.
    • SponsorBlock segments at the end of videos in playlists causes playback on the next video to start where the previous one ended.

Social links

Thread Managed by @ZaneZam, @Razerman, @KevinX8 and @laura almeida

BUG Reports:

Steps to do before reporting a bug:
    1. Do a search and see if it has already been reported
    2. Check that the bug is actually a Vanced bug and doesn't happen in the original YouTube.
    Steps to do when reporting a bug:
    1. Make sure you are being enough descriptive of the problem.
    2. Take a logcat (Google search if you don't know how). Especially if the issue is a crash.
    3. Taking pictures of the problem doesn't hurt.
    4. If the report is vague (missing information), it will most likely just be ignored. If you are not going to show any effort in resolving the problem, why should I?
    Bug report template:
    1. Vanced exact version number (Do NOT say latest).
    2. Download link used to download Vanced.
    3. Installation method (whether user SAI or Vanced Manager)
    4. Device.
    5. ROM (optional may not help).
    6. Any applied Substratum/swift overlays.
    7. Logs if there are any crashes/force closes (upload to Pastebin or hastebin or katbin) and paste the link of it with your report. [Check here to know how to get logs]
    8. A brief description of the issue
    9. Any installed mods to the system.
    10. Test your issue on the stock youtube app

Important links:

Downloads:

Alternative Mirrors for pre 15.x: AFH Mediafire
    New site up https://vanced.azurewebsites.net/ with latest version of YouTube as base (13.10). Includes some bugfixes and other changes detailed on discord. At the time of writing this post apkmirror lacks apks for arm so you will have to wait a while until it has them and then we will be able to make arm root builds.
    New update is out v13.28.54 with following changes:
    - 13.28.53 Full width search bar fix
    - Translation support for more strings
    - HDR brightness bug fixed when using swipe controls
    - Auto repeat can now be linked to autoplay toggle
    - Top-Swipe paddig range added
    - Seek buttons fixed
    - COMPLETE REWORK of all mods for v13.27+ versions (many thx and all credits to @Razerman !!)