[APP][MOD][ROOT/NONROOT] YouTube Vanced Edition

Search This thread

Astur13

Jun 7, 2016
Oviedo
Sorry if it is already asked but I didn't know how to search it.

I have 15.05.54 and I didn't find the option that enable the old miniature video while you are in youtube. I only have this design and I would like to change it. There is no longer avalaible that option?

Now, I have this. I am looking for the other:
ggtaIQ7.jpg

Thanks

Eleo

Apr 16, 2012
Jena

I have 15.05.54 and I didn't find the option that enable the old miniature video while you are in youtube. I only have this design and I would like to change it. There is no longer avalaible that option?

Thanks
Read changelog please. It is already mentioned there. You can go to vanced.app website to check changelog
Additionally removing the account allows me not to readd it. The dialog hangs on "Just a minute" after I logged in to Google and clicked accept.
Tried several times to remove and readd gmail account on vanced microG and have no issue or hang

Sent from my Google Pixel 3a XL using XDA Labs

Reactions: Astur13

xda-yup

Dec 8, 2019
Three things to check:
- in corepatch you need this configuration (check attachment)
- check whether you have "sign apks" enabled in sai settings. It should be turned off. Root should be enabled in SAI settings
- try with canary magisk (i.e. latest alpha) from magisk canary channel

BTW, thanks for in depth report:cowboy:

Thanks for reviewing my report :) I just uninstalled the apps/modules relating to Disabling apk signature verification and started process from scratch exactly as before , but this time:
- made sure Corepatch had the pictured config (only 2nd from top option ticked ON, all others off), and SAI settings: Sign apks OFF, Root ON - then received SAI install error image 1
- after that didn't work, got canary magisk manager from here and updated magisk channel to canary, installed latest 20409 canary magisk version, rebooted. Retried SAI install again with same other settings above, -received SAI error image 6. Tried again with SAI legacy option ticked ON, same error.

So still getting same error. Let me know if there's anything else i can provide / try.

edit: after Uninstalling Riru core + Xposed + CorePatch, Safetynet still would no longer pass. Ran the xposed uninstaller, uninstalled/reinstalled magisk etc, even did factory reset and rom reflash - still safetynet not passing, only solution was TWRP format data. just mentioning in case it happens like this for someone else (i know for majority of people uninstalling is enough to pass safetynet again)

Last edited:

flaxx187

Jun 23, 2013
0. No
1. Pocophone F1
2. Android 10
3. Miui 11
4. latest black Rooted friom vanced.app

5. root
A. If rooted/magisk version: 20.4
5.a.1. Magisk 20.4
5.a.2. sampli patcher
5.a.3. i had safetynet all green then i install the zip from sampli patcher and i was red... so it works :D
delete youtube

6. Yes i get a few error look at picture, while i try to install vance ( the error says that i already installed an application with the same name but other certificate )

yes miui optimizer is disabled
7. i enable sign before install vanced, look at picture.

can i pass the safety Net after i deinstall sampli patcher again ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-05-15-00-29-03-443_com.aefyr.sai.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-05-15-00-29-03-443_com.aefyr.sai.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 732
  • Screenshot_2020-05-15-00-29-20-996_com.aefyr.sai.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-05-15-00-29-20-996_com.aefyr.sai.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 724
Last edited:

alantay11

Sep 14, 2013

ggtaIQ7.jpg

Thanks

Yeah it was removed according to the changelog.

On another note, is anyone getting 503 server errors suddenly? I'm able to access youtube through the browser and other websites load fine but anything through vanced doesn't work. I'm using version 14.

Last edited:
Reactions: Astur13

sinnerz2000

Feb 16, 2012
Bangalore
Yeah it was removed according to the changelog.

On another note, is anyone getting 503 server errors suddenly? I'm able to access youtube through the browser and other websites load fine but anything through vanced suddenly doesn't work. I'm using version 14.
I have this error on ver 15.

View attachment 5018977

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

Eleo

Apr 16, 2012
Jena
5.a.2. sampli patcher
5.a.3. i had safetynet all green then i install the zip from sampli patcher and i was red... so it works :D
I guess you mean smali patcher, not sampli.
It is not simple as that. Read on smali patcher website.

And no. The suggested protocol is to use edxposed with corepatch module for android10.
7. i enable sign before install vanced, look at picture.
You should disable that option
can i pass the safety Net after i deinstall sampli patcher again ?
You should

dumbl3

Apr 19, 2012
Any update on the playing live video issues. For me it's playing but it won't play on the background. It stops as soon as I tap home button.

I'm on OP6

flaxx187

Jun 23, 2013
I guess you mean smali patcher, not sampli.
It is not simple as that. Read on smali patcher website.

And no. The suggested protocol is to use edxposed with corepatch module for android10.

You should disable that option

You should

thanks bro, now i installed.
my fault was that i have android 10.

i did it with corepatcher very easy :)
thanks bro you made my week

budsixz

Aug 3, 2012
Can someone please help me
My device is Rog phone 2 and I was using vanced since I got it but now I downgraded my phone ( to android 9) for reasons and now I can't get it to work. When I click on the app the logo comes up and nothing else happens. I haven't rooted my phone.

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

My device is Rog phone 2 and I was using vanced since I got it but now I downgraded my phone ( to android 9) for reasons and now I can't get it to work. When I click on the app the logo comes up and nothing else happens. I haven't rooted my phone.

Eleo

Apr 16, 2012
Jena

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

Answer to these questions:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-youtube-vanced-edition-t3758757/post82023305

Also try clean install in case it wasn't clean installed after downgrade

Top Liked Posts

No. I did the installation from scratch.
    I uninstalled all and followed the instructions from manager.
    When I had this issue, it had me install the older version and said to sign in with that version. After you have signed in with the older version, you can update to the newer version and you will be able to sign in.

Are you sure it didn't tell you to sign in with the older version? That is the whole point of why it has you install the older version first. I would recommend you try starting from scratch again. If, for some reason, it doesn't tell you to sign in with the old version, do that anyway and you should be able to sign in with that version, and then you can upgrade to the new version and you should be able to sign in with that.
    Jokes aside. v16 has had this issue of users not being able to sign in. Downgrading to 15.x solves the issue.
    Ah yes but the manager knows and guides the user through this; it's truly genius. Absolutely amazing how far a "silly" Xposed mod fork has come.
    Huawei P20 Pro - Android 9.1
    New version of YouTube Vanced (16.02.35) with new version of MicroG (0.2.18. 210390), not working. I can't sing in to my accounts.
    Perhaps you don't have a great singing voice? ^_^

You'll have to give us some more information though. Which steps did you follow? Did you respect the order of installation (MicroG first)? Using Vanced Manager?
    So rule of thumb-- never update until you've read to see if there are issues with the update. This is for system updates and app updates.
    based on my previous experiences with the rooted versions, they were significantly more prone to breaking, either by new YouTube releases, or other issues. Resolving those problems was also much more if a hassle. They were also more intrusive and provided no real additional benefits that I could find.

Comparatively, the non-root versions have been easier to use, they've been broken far fewer times, and when they do they've been easier to troubleshoot. Importantly, they also do not put my ability to use my banking / payment apps at risk. Those apps are getting better and better at detecting root, and injecting a root version of a system app seems like something that might tip them off -- I see no reason to risk it, since I actually consider the non-root version to be superior anyhow.
    Why if non-root is so good you need to install an old version 🥸

For non-root man ppl reported problems with battery draining due to MicroG

Btw, I'm running root version on A10 and now A11 for four or so months, always updating, no issues

However, root uses the package name of regular YT and one must make sure (and know how to) remove any newer YT version if installed on device, and take care never to update YT.
    For all that there instructions (but some do not read)

As you see, there is no single truth, some like you more non-root, some of us more the root Vanced. Different people, different likes
    YouTube Vanced

Vanced is a well known modded version of YouTube with many features such as adblocking and background playback, the full list can be found below:

The one and only, official Vanced website There are other sites that are fake, contain ads (possibly even malware) and have older versions. Always check from the official site or from here at XDA.

Read the first and second post before asking/posting anything.

Features:
    • YouTube Vanced IS NOT YouTube Premium
    • Blocks all YouTube ADs (some options are togglable)
    • Background playback feature
    • Force VP9(or HDR) or vice versa
    • Override Max Resolution
    • Pinch to Zoom on all devices
    • Casting togglable (can be forced off)
    • Togglable Theme (White/Dark/Black)
    • PiP (Oreo Only)
    • Video window new or old style
    • Repeat video feature
    • Preffered Resolution & Speed feature
    • Swipe controls for Volume and Brightness
    • New Logo by @Logan

Downloads:
    Vanced website (GDrive) (All versions)
    Alternative Mirrors: AFH (rarely updated) Mediafire (only the latest)

Since YouTube v14.41.52, Google has moved to split APKs. The Android package installer doesn't support split apks yet, so we are using SAI as an Alternative apk installer.

Installation Instructions:

Non-Root:
    Steps:
    1. Download and Install microG Vanced (If you don't install microG, YouTube will crash on starup)
    2. Download latest version of YouTube Vanced
    3. Install Split APKs Installer (SAI) from Google Playstore
    4. Open Split APKs Installer (SAI) -> Install APKs -> Select the downloaded Vanced apks -> Install
    5. Done! Enjoy!

For MIUI users, follow these instructions -> How to install v15 on MIUI

Root:

Since YouTube v14.41.52 Google has moved to the new APK Signature Scheme v3 and because of that it's impossible to mod system apps without disabling the android's system wide signature verification.

THIS IS HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED. DO NOT DO THIS UNTLESS YOU DON'T REALLY CARE ABOUT SECURITY.

Steps:
    1. Disable apk signature verification. (Don't ask us how to do it. we don't recommend doing it)
    2. Download latest version of YouTube Vanced
    3. Install Split APKs Installer (SAI) from Google Playstore
    4. Open Split APKs Installer (SAI) -> Install APKs -> Select the downloaded Vanced apks -> Install
    5. Done! Enjoy!

Magisk:

As we are disabling signature verfication, root version are installed to /data/app and /system/app. So magisk module is useless now and makes nonsense to us.
    Therefore, Magisk version is discontinued.

Known bugs:
    1. What bugs? Never heard of them. :D
    2. Buying things within the nonroot version of the app causes crash. Likely due to MicroG but tbh, it's better this way for your security. Just use original youtube to buy the stuff you want.
    3. Ok, not really a bug but since people don't read it's experimental, ExoPlayer V2 might be causing crashes when coming back from background playback on some devices.
    4. Non-Root stuck on I Agree Page? -> https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79419977&postcount=9772

Old version info:

Installation Instructions:NB!

Non-root: Install the apk normally and install microg found in the download links above.

Root:
    1. Download the official installer found in downloads above
    2. Select a suitable apk for your device (check your architecture using an app such as CPU-Z) and the secondary theme you want to. (All apks include the white theme)
    3. Place the downloaded apk into /sdcard/Downloads or inside the installation zip
    4. Uninstall all YouTube updates and disable auto-update in the playstore (If you are able to completely uninstall the youtube app do so)
    5. Flash the installer in TWRP
    6. Profit!
    Magisk:

There are a total of 3 ways to install the module via magisk.
    The first and most simple way is to install it via the magisk repo and it is the recommended way.
    The second way is to place "Install via magisk.plz" or enable magisk install in the settings.sh from the root installer.
    The third and final way is to use the magisk modules provided on the Download Mirrors.
    Uninstall all YouTube updates and disable auto-update in the playstore (If you are able to completely uninstall the youtube app do so). Updated app will override the app installed in the system partition so even if the mod installation succeeds, you will not see it.

Explanation of the (Ad)Vanced options of the official installer:
    Vanced makes use of both a settings.sh and plz files as parameters while installing.

Using the settings.sh
    • SEARCHFOLDER - Path where to search for iYTBP Apk's (must be a subfolder on sdcard!)
    • MAGINSTALL - Use magisk installation instead of root installation. (Possible Values: YES/NO)
    • DETACH - Detach Youtube from playstore to disable update notifications. (Possible Values: YES/NO)
    • ATTACH - Attach Youtube to playstore if it was previously detached. (Possible Values: YES/NO)
    • UNINSTALL - Completely uninstall iYTBP: root version, magisk module and detach module (Possible Values: YES/NO)

Using the plz files (Use only the ones you want)
    (All should be placed in /sdcard/Download/)
    • iYTBP_install_via_magisk.plz - Use magisk installation instead of root installation
    • iYTBP_detach_from_playstore.plz - Detach Youtube from playstore to disable update notifications.
    • iYTBP_attach_to_playstore.plz - Attach Youtube to playstore if it was previously detached.
    • iYTBP_uninstall.plz - Completely uninstall iYTBP: root version, magisk module and detach module.

Thread Managed by @ZaneZam, @Razerman, @KevinX8 and @laura almeida
    Social links​
    BUG Reports

Steps to do before reporting a bug
    1. Do a search and see if it has already been reported
    2. Check that the bug is actually a Vanced bug and doesn't happen in the original YouTube.
    Steps to do when reporting a bug
    1. Make sure you are being enough descriptive of the problem.
    2. Take a logcat (Google search if you don't know how). Especially if the issue is a crash.
    3. Taking pictures of the problem doesn't hurt.
    4. If the report is vaque (missing information) it will most likely just be ignored. If you are not going to show any effort in resolving the problem, why should I?

F.A.Q

Q.Where did the normal(white) apk go??
    A.White is included in both versions choose the alternate theme you prefer for night time etc.

Q. How to install updates ?
    A. Just download the latest apk and install as you previously did before.

Q. Do I need to re-install detach script for every new YouTube Vanced update ?
    A. No!

Q. Can I install this as I normally install any other apk ?
    A. Only the non root version.

Q. Can I download videos with this ?
    A. No (and you never will)! but the official YouTube Offline Video feature is working in Supported countries.

Q. Why is <xyz> variant not available to download ?
    A. We release 2 Unified builds of non root, one with the stock youtube theme and another with an amoled friendly theme. 8 root apks are provided, all of which are nodpi variants as google has become very aggressive in pushing updates that the only way to avoid it is using some form of detaching.

Q. Installation successful but YouTube is not showing up in launcher, why ?
    A. You did not use the latest magisk version or installer. This only applied for Oreo.

Q. Does 'Crop to fit' feature work for S8 and S8+ users ?
    A. Yes! It works on the rooted version but not in the non-root since the package name is changed. However, there is an alternative new Pinch to Zoom feature with basically the same functionality.

Q. Is history working ?
    A. Yes! Make sure you whitelist *s.youtube.com in your adblocker. And non-root users need to check that they are not using a brand account due to MicroG bug. If you are, you need to merge the accounts to get the history working (YouTube Settings) Merging process will clean the current history.

Q. Does PIP mode works ?
    A. Yes on Oreo Only!

Q. When will you release the new version ?
    A. Usually within a couple of days after the official apk is available in apkmirror. But please don't ask for ETA!

Q. Does background playback download video ?
    A. No, it does not. After going into background playback, you will only download audio so there will be much less data usage.

Q. I can't login on Non-Root, I get stuck on the I agree page. What to do?
    A. For time being, use this workaround here.
    Downloads:

GDrive (All versions)
    Alternative Mirrors: AFH (rarely updated) Mediafire (only the latest)
    New site up https://vanced.azurewebsites.net/ with latest version of YouTube as base (13.10). Includes some bugfixes and other changes detailed on discord. At the time of writing this post apkmirror lacks apks for arm so you will have to wait a while until it has them and then we will be able to make arm root builds.
    New update is out v13.28.54 with following changes:
    - 13.28.53 Full width search bar fix
    - Translation support for more strings
    - HDR brightness bug fixed when using swipe controls
    - Auto repeat can now be linked to autoplay toggle
    - Top-Swipe paddig range added
    - Seek buttons fixed
    - COMPLETE REWORK of all mods for v13.27+ versions (many thx and all credits to @Razerman !!)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone