[APP][MOD][ROOT/NONROOT] YouTube Vanced Edition

DE52

Aug 1, 2013
Montreal
Hello.. I'm using unroot YouTube vanced on redmi note 9.

Why picture in picture seems to dissappear?

On my old phone I used to have this mini player playing on screen when I minimised the app, I still can watch my YouTube video while doing the other thing on my phone like chatting, scroll through Instagram and etc. But I don't have it now.

I set it on from settings-general-picture-in-picture, I set it to allow the special app access for picture in picture from my phone setting as well , still can't have it.

Does this feature doesn't work on android 10?
It's important that you specify which version of non-root you have so people can respond accordingly. Personally, I have android 10 on an LG G8x and non-root version 14.21.54 (old version) and picture-in-picture works (the name of the little preview window). Haven't tried newer versions but maybe someone can respond when you specify which app version you have specifically

Deodorun

Jan 15, 2021
It's important that you specify which version of non-root you have so people can respond accordingly. Personally, I have android 10 on an LG G8x and non-root version 14.21.54 (old version) and picture-in-picture works (the name of the little preview window). Haven't tried newer versions but maybe someone can respond when you specify which app version you have specifically
Thanks for the advice, I'm using newest version 15.43. 32

alitaleb

Oct 28, 2010
Hi All
I updated my note 10 plus to android 11 already i had Vanced, but after updating to android 11 Vanced disappeared, i installed vanced manager and tried to install vanced tube, but it gives the error attached, but the previous version is not in the app menu,any help plz? Non root.

Attachments

Last edited:

KaMyKaSii

Feb 25, 2015
Hi All
I updated my note 10 plus to android 11 already i had Vanced, but after updating to android 11 Vanced disappeared, i installed vanced manager and tried to install vanced tube, but it gives the error attached, but the previous version is not in the app menu,any help plz? Non root.
Probably the YouTube apk already embedded in the system partition has a newer version than the base used by Vanced, so it is not possible to downgrade. The solution would either remove YouTube stock using root or wait for the release of a new Vanced update with base version equal to or higher.
Edit: I just saw that you are trying to install the rootless version. In that case try going to Settings > Apps, and searching for some remnant of YouTube Vanced to uninstall

bauer18

May 22, 2013
Hi, Please help, after I updated microG using the vanced installer and updated the youtube vanced, and now im always getting "You're offline."

Here's what I did so far.

- Uninstalled everything.
- Reinstalled it again. But it only worked on my first open on YouTube Vanced.. when I re-open it, im getting "you're offline" message.
- uninstalled again, and reinstalled the lower version of YouTube vanced. Same worked once and gave me the same problem.
- uninstalled microG alone, youtube vanced works as of the moment. I think the issue is with the microG.

How can I fixed this?

My phone is Huawei P30. It has google services by default.

rhewins2268

Oct 28, 2011
Livermore Falls
www.youtube.com
Hi, Please help, after I updated microG using the vanced installer and updated the youtube vanced, and now im always getting "You're offline."

Here's what I did so far.

- Uninstalled everything.
- Reinstalled it again. But it only worked on my first open on YouTube Vanced.. when I re-open it, im getting "you're offline" message.
- uninstalled again, and reinstalled the lower version of YouTube vanced. Same worked once and gave me the same problem.
- uninstalled microG alone, youtube vanced works as of the moment. I think the issue is with the microG.

How can I fixed this?

My phone is Huawei P30. It has google services by default.
Make sure you have any and all battery optimizations turned off for micro g.
Sounds like a battery optimizations app turning off micro g.

auris1993

May 4, 2016
I'm stuck on installing YouTube vanced. Says installing please be patient but it doesn't install any ideas?
yes, same for me, tested on s8, and oneplus 8, on both same problem. i think it have something with magisk, since updated magisk looks like its broken, with s8 downgraded magisk and it installs just fine.
however on op8 when stuck on that "please be pattient" i just closed app, restarted phone, and looks like YT vanced appeared.

payas0

May 28, 2012
Makati
Actually even with the more updated Vanced Manager, installation still gets stuck at Please be patient. I was only able to install using the latest Vance Manager when I rolled back to Magisk 21.2 from 21.3.

It's already been reported.

Reactions: pabjimlop

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
yes, same for me, tested on s8, and oneplus 8, on both same problem. i think it have something with magisk, since updated magisk looks like its broken, with s8 downgraded magisk and it installs just fine.
however on op8 when stuck on that "please be pattient" i just closed app, restarted phone, and looks like YT vanced appeared.
I have the same problem on Xiaomi Mi 9T with A11 beta.
But I ignore never-ending Vanced Manager installation, I click on YouTube and YouTube Vanced opens

Hovewer, upon the phone reboot, I cannot start YT - it crashes immediately and I have to 'install' it again

Something terribly change in Magisk after Cansry 21201 - Viper4Android shows me Status Abnormal and I cannot properly reinstall it anymore

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Thanks everyone who chimed in and yes I noticed it after updating magisk. Good news the latest 21.4 version fixes the issue. Update and YTV installs just fine👍
Problem with never ending ("Be patient") installation of YTV root was fixed with the new Vanced Manager 2.2.1

Also, I see now a fix in their script /data/adb/service.d/vanced.sh and YTV root now properly survives reboot (previously I had a crash)

(I tested first with the old Magisk v21.2, updated Vancec Mansger and only wheny I was sure about the fixes as about I updated Magisk to v21.4 - i.e., the fixes are in Vanced Manager, not in Magisk)

Xiaomi Mi 9T, Xiaomi.eu 21.1.13, A11

Reactions: TomiLynch

dr4go

Dec 17, 2010
Vienna
If you search this thread (for my name) I've already stated this mount -bind method does NOT work on the Galaxy S10 (that same also applies to the new Vanced Manager v2.1). The point in time when the vanced.sh script runs, the YouTube Vanced looses it's icon and is renamed to com.google.android.youtube, either because of a permission related or a selinux ****up.
God damn me... I'm shocked, that I was actually right about the selinux ****up. Should have invested a bit more before complaining a couple of times, because of the non-working mount -bind thingy. Now it does work very well... Thanks for version 2.2.{0|1}!

dhyto_imoet

Jul 25, 2016
Jakarta
Hmmm... For me, after installing, success, then login using my other email.
And then, all permission (eg: whatsapp, twitter, telegram, and any other apps) were reset. First, I was confuse why my WhatsApp missing all contact names. Found that the permission were reset. I need to manually re allow WhatsApp's permission to read contacts, access storage, etc

Thanks

==========
edit: after re search and open https://telegra.ph/How-to-install-v15-on-MIUI-02-11
Looks like already a warning there.
I hope this warning also put in Page 1 on this topic. So that people with Xiaomi and MIUI knows whats wrong with the permission
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

rsngfrce

May 13, 2012
NorCal

Ice_machinE

Jun 7, 2014
london
I can't install the latest rooted version, I keep getting an error that my version is too new and I have to uninstall updates from YouTube, I did that but still, the version of YouTube found on my phone is newer than the vanced version.
I've tried uninstalling YouTube completely, and it didn't work and now I'm getting "unavailable" in the local version number in the manager.
If I'm trying to install the non rooted version with microg, it works fine, but why would I do that if my phone is rooted?
I have oneplus 8t running oxygenos 11.0.6.9
Please help me.
Thank you.