[APP][MOD][ROOT/NONROOT] YouTube Vanced Edition

bartleby999

Jan 5, 2015
Ok, admittedly I don't use Goole assistant, so i don't know about that with the NoRoot version, but all my links open natively in the NoRoot version, so i don't see a difference there. I also have no issue with installing microG, at least YTV works like a charm, while many people struggle here with the root version.
I'm just saying they might struggle less by tring to install the noroot version.
They'd struggle even less by sticking to stock. Rooted Vanced works perfectly for me. But both those statements are kind of irrelevant. There exist a root-Vanced and people, for whatever reason, want to use it.

Nikos2k

Aug 15, 2008
Ok, admittedly I don't use Goole assistant, so i don't know about that with the NoRoot version, but all my links open natively in the NoRoot version, so i don't see a difference there. I also have no issue with installing microG, at least YTV works like a charm, while many people struggle here with the root version.
I'm just saying they might struggle less by tring to install the noroot version.
Considering that microG is a reimplementation of Google Play Services, if you are rooted and have a rom that already has Google Play Services, you have no reason to install microG and incur any additional overhead

guiguilein

Feb 13, 2011
LYON
Hi guys,
I've been trying for weeks to play on the app settings to force resolution to data saver / 360p on both wifi and mobile network due to bad network coverage at my house. But no matter what setting I chose, when starting a video, the app automatically switch back to 1080p after a few seconds.

I've already tried to un install/reinstall YouTube vanced. No change. So i was wondering what settings I've set to the wrong value?

Mi config :
S10e stock unrooted.
Vanced manager 2.2.1 non root version
Vanced Youtube 15.43.32

I wanted to do a thread search to see if that was already discusses before but i can't seem to find the search function since the new XDA design.

Thanks for you help and time.

rsngfrce

May 13, 2012
NorCal
The main reason I see for the existence of rooted Vance is that it will be used by Google apps (Google search, Google Assistant, Play Store, maybe others), though admittedly, many rooted users seem to want to get away from using Google (MicroG), which seems a bit of a contradiction to me if they want both.

rsngfrce

May 13, 2012
NorCal
Hi guys,
I've been trying for weeks to play on the app settings to force resolution to data saver / 360p on both wifi and mobile network due to bad network coverage at my house. But no matter what setting I chose, when starting a video, the app automatically switch back to 1080p after a few seconds.

I've already tried to un install/reinstall YouTube vanced. No change. So i was wondering what settings I've set to the wrong value?

Mi config :
S10e stock unrooted.
Vanced manager 2.2.1 non root version
Vanced Youtube 15.43.32

I wanted to do a thread search to see if that was already discusses before but i can't seem to find the search function since the new XDA design.

Thanks for you help and time.
Well, at least to search a thread, click the magnifying glass at the top of the page, click the gear icon and change 'everywhere' to 'this thread'.

Reactions: guiguilein

guiguilein

Feb 13, 2011
LYON
Well, at least to search a thread, click the magnifying glass at the top of the page, click the gear icon and change 'everywhere' to 'this thread'.
Thank you already.
This seems to be only working on desktop (there is no magnifying glass at all in the xda app).
At least I'm gonna be able to search tomorrow.
😊

Orlaf

Nov 18, 2017
Based on last feedbacks, ads are totally gone (yeah...also those under videos) on vanced 16.x testing version.

Last edited:

shadavis08

Oct 29, 2012
anyone know any admin on anyone know any admin on the telegram group? I joined it and am restricted from even posting in there and I've never been in there before I don't understand what's going on so I tried pming an admin to see if he could fix it and he said I was blocked for sending him a message ?! That's just wrong I was trying to report issues with YouTube vanced manager.

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
BREAKING!

New: manager (2.3.0), youtube (16.02.35) and ytmusic (4.11.50) has been released.

Keep attention to new installation instructions before proceeding. 👍
Although I received notifications, cannot update:

Site offers 2.2.1 Manager as latest, Manager claims no update for Manager and latest not abailable for MicroG and YTV

Attachments