[APP][MOD][ROOT/NONROOT] YouTube Vanced Edition

DarkEmotions

Jan 8, 2021
Can Anyone tell me How i Can solve my Problem with Playstore Update from Youtube Vanced and YoutubeMusic? Every Time in Playstore it shows me, there are new Updates for the two Apps. A deactivated autom. Updates, but it would be optimal when the Apps completly detaches from PlayStore. Titanium Method works only for a few hours. For the Magist Detach Module i didn't found any Manual how to configure this. I installed it over Magisk, but nothing happens.

MoL_82

Aug 16, 2019
Can Anyone tell me How i Can solve my Problem with Playstore Update from Youtube Vanced and YoutubeMusic? Every Time in Playstore it shows me, there are new Updates for the two Apps. A deactivated autom. Updates, but it would be optimal when the Apps completly detaches from PlayStore. Titanium Method works only for a few hours. For the Magist Detach Module i didn't found any Manual how to configure this. I installed it over Magisk, but nothing happens.
I use the EdExposed module SudoHide. The one in the link is by Mikanoshi and not the one in EdExposed Manager.

jons99

Nov 5, 2019
use TeMeFI https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-temefi-comprehensive-documentation-t3806260

Application info / manage -> Detach package from playstore -> Detach: select package... -> com.google.android.youtube -> 3 - Invalidate the data... -> Yes

DarkEmotions

Jan 8, 2021

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Works Great, Many Thnx for the Info. After Using the App YT / YT Music now not shows an Update in Playstore. Can i Deinstall the App, or must i keep the App on the Phone?
Yes. You can uninstall TeMeFI after the detach if thats all you want. However, if you ever wipe or refresh your playstore "data", then the system will negate the detach and you will need to re-run it. I am also working against Google; a slightly bigger entity than me, that does not tell me what they are about to do... so THEY may wipe / re-initialise your PlayStore one day. EDIT: I have been running a few years, and this one has not caught me out. I usually fail when I clean flash and forget to detach in the new system
You can uninstall the app - The DiamondJohn says to use the built-in uninstaller? Not sure why, but he's the boss.
The reason you can uninstall it, is because TeMeFI does NOT run in the background, nor is any "maintenance" required once the detach is implemented. Its code & methods are insreted and implemented, so will happily continue without TeMeFI being installed.

And yes, I recommend using the built in uninstall. The extra thing that it will clear up, is the directory it adds to your SDCard. i.e. /sdcard/TeMeFI/*

You can find it in the menu at:
TeMeFI Configuration>Self Destruct in ...3...2....1...

Last edited:

Sniper_X002

Dec 10, 2013
Apologies if this has already been answered but I can't find an answer. I can't install vanced anymore. I had the login issue same as anyone else so I went to reinstall it but every time I try to install it it says "Installation failed because the user tried to downgrade the package. Uninstall updates from the stock app, then try again".

The issue is I'm using nonroot, and I can't uninstall updates for regular youtube (which shouldn't even be relevant if I understand correctly). I've tried clearing the download files as well as uninstalling the manager & microG. I've seen a few other threads with people having this issue recently but I can't find any solution. Any ideas?

Oh, and if it makes any difference, I originally uninstalled Vanced via the vanced manager.

jmoportugal

Aug 27, 2017
Calm down, the app is free and it's not always easy to fix bugs with the thousands of equip with different features and configurations.

Here it is working without any problem.

extrapower99

Dec 4, 2018
I know this was asked probably many times, but isn't there really a way to add support for at least up/down on a remote control for the videos listing?

This app is a yt mod right? I use it on a android tv box and well, it works great, cant really complain about anything, the only thing that would make it perfect is if i could use the remote control up/down buttons to scroll the video list.

Other than that the air mouse functionality is more than fine to use it, but to scroll the list there is a need to simulate touches with it, that means holding ok and scrolling with air mouse, quite tedious.

If we had just up/down working on the video list it would be so much more smooth and easy.

Its isnt there as it isn't technically possible or for some other reason as i dont know?

AFAC

Feb 16, 2021
Hi there!

I've been using YouTube Vanced for a year now and love the app! May I use this forum to suggest a possible feature?

Thanks in advance and best regards!

syla

Jul 28, 2009
Nantes
Hi there, I just got a Mi 10T and heard that some things can go wrong when disabling MIUI optimization in order to install YouTube vanced. Is this true? And is there no other way?

mik101

Jul 13, 2010
Why does the Vanced Manager ask for root privileges after the latest update even though I have it set to non-root in the settings? Makes me wonder what the app is doing now...

rhewins2268

Oct 28, 2011
Livermore Falls
www.youtube.com
Why does the Vanced Manager ask for root privileges after the latest update even though I have it set to non-root in the settings? Makes me wonder what the app is doing now...
That's just not even right! Why would you say that without offering proof first off. It did not ask for root permission for me on my pixel 3xl that I have never run root vanced on. So clearly it's on your phone and your set up and nothing nefarious by the vanced team as you hint at with your statement. It's up to you whether or not you use this app if you feel as though there's something going on then don't use it. But don't come into the forum acting like all the sudden they're doing something nefarious.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
You can always simply deny root privileges.

Its possible that it checks if root is available to test if its even an option to offer you the option of a root install. I am root and have root installed so testing is not worth my time. If you are not rooted, the message/request will not pop up.. If you are rooted, you can always hit "deny".

Last edited:

Andy_Cool

Jan 11, 2013
I have tried all the workarounds to get around the microG bug.
I am on Miui 12.0.7 (Non-root).

I uninstalled everything. Then installed Vanced Manager 2.5.0
Then installed the following,
* microG 0.2.16.204713
* Youtube-Vanced 15.43.32 (one version before the latest)
* Youtube-Music 4.07.51 (one version before the latest)

I successfully logged into my 2 Youtube accounts through Youtube-Vanced -> microG
I can easily switch between those 2 accounts & they are reflected in Youtube Music as well.

Then I updated Youtube-Vanced to its latest version of 16.02.35.
Now, Youtube-Vanced only shows the 1st account. When I try to switch accounts no accounts
are visible! (not even the 1st which is active) !

Also, when I try to update Youtube-Music to the latest from inside Vanced Manager, the install
dialog stays on infinitely without installing.

I am okay with Youtube Music being on previous version. But I would like to know how can I be on the latest version of Youtube-Vanced alongwith the 2 accounts.

Thanks!