[APP][MOD][ROOT/NONROOT] YouTube Vanced Edition

sronweb

Jul 25, 2010
Sicily
In case Play Store continue to bug for YT update, I have also updated manually with last APK the official YT. So I should be fine until next update.
In my case with YT Vanced unrooted on rooted device and the official YT in parallel.

Last edited:

su79eu7k

Feb 19, 2021
Exactly the same issue here. Cannot find a way to reinstall Vanced because Vanced Manager says that I must install v15.43.32 ver. first, but on the other hand Android not allows the downgrade. Uninstalled everything but it seems that somewhere v16 history is still there...Any suggestions?
Solved my issue. Actually I'm using multiple android accounts for one tablet. So there were multiple Vanced Manager, Vanced, MicroG. I uninstalled them all and installed VM, MicroG, v15.43.32, and login MicroG, finally updated v16 in parellel for each of my accounts. No more INSTALL_FAILED_VERSION_DOWNGRADE error. Hope this could be helpful to someone.

Sniper_X002

Dec 10, 2013
Solved my issue. Actually I'm using multiple android accounts for one tablet. So there were multiple Vanced Manager, Vanced, MicroG. I uninstalled them all and installed VM, MicroG, v15.43.32, and login MicroG, finally updated v16 in parellel for each of my accounts. No more INSTALL_FAILED_VERSION_DOWNGRADE error. Hope this could be helpful to someone.
You just made me realize what was causing my issue! I use Samsung's Secure Folder and I forgot that I had Youtube Vanced installed in there. I uninstalled it from there and now I'm able to install it again. Thanks!

Reactions: black232mustang

mik101

Jul 13, 2010
Where I can download youtube version 15.43.32?
I tried youtube 15.43.32 and give me an error. I uninstalled youtube vanced and microg. Restart my phone, install latest microg and then install youtube vance 15.43.32.
When you click install and then redownload within VancedManager you can install older versions of vanced, just pick the previous one rather than "latest".
You shouldn't ever have to use the splitapk installer whatsoever anymore if you're using the VancedManager.

In case Play Store continue to bug for YT update, I have also updated manually with last APK the official YT. So I should be fine until next update.
In my case with YT Vanced unrooted on rooted device and the official YT in parallel.
If you disable the YouTube app completely you shouldn't get harassed with updates anymore unless disable is greyed out on your device. Disabling or rooting and removing the stock YouTube completely is the only sureproof way to stop that. I went through that with my last phone too. I'm able to run lineage and use the nano version of opengapps now, so the original version of YouTube isn't installed at all.

black232mustang

Feb 27, 2011
Michigan
You just made me realize what was causing my issue! I use Samsung's Secure Folder and I forgot that I had Youtube Vanced installed in there. I uninstalled it from there and now I'm able to install it again. Thanks!
WOW. After literally 3 weeks of futile attempts at uninstalling/reinstalling vanced via multiple methods and trying everything under the FAQ to try and bypass this issue, this is it. This is what led me to figure out what was giving me the "downgrade" error every time I tried to reinstall Vanced. Thank you!! I didn't even realize I had installed Vanced in my secure folder and can't even remember the last time I opened it to even see that it was installed there. Thanks again!

Reactions: Sniper_X002

Cronoss

Jul 23, 2013
Did you select root installation way? Probably why. You can deny it and use normal way if you want to.
I did not. I've always had the non root variant.
A few days ago the manager asked to update itself (not Vanced per se) and it asked for root access which I denied but I'm still interested in knowing why it asked for root in the first place.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Can someone please explain why the latest manager is asking for root access?
The same question was asked only 3 pages back.
Read the replies that follow.

Cronoss

Jul 23, 2013
The same question was asked only 3 pages back.
Read the replies that follow.
Brother, I read all the replies that came after this new release so I wouldn't ask something that has already been answered.
The reality here is that no one knows exactly why Vanced Manager is asking for root access now. It's all speculation.
I have never installed the root variant and the manager has never asked for root access before until the latest release.

I'm sure it's just checking if the device has root access to see what variant to install should the user want to root variant, but why not put this in the release notes or changelog?
I trust the Vanced team but asking for root access out of the blue is not to be taken lightly and should be officially addressed.

Reactions: rsngfrce

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
...snip...

I'm sure it's just checking if the device has root access to see what variant to install should the user want to root variant, but why not put this in the release notes or changelog?
I trust the Vanced team but asking for root access out of the blue is not to be taken lightly and should be officially addressed.
As a developer of root apps myself, and I am not speaking foir Vanced directly, but from a developers perspective, ASKING for root access is nothing, as we know the user can deny it, or even better, if the user does not even have root, they will never know we even mentioned it. :sneaky:

Why its not in the releae notes (again speculation, ask on github or twitter or wherever they reside, I don't think the devs frequent/answer here), because its neither here nor there in regards to features nor bugs. They have spent hours doing the coding, and all the developers I have ever worked with, all joke about how devs dont do documentation. Its painful as it does not actually add features and can sometimes take longer than the code itself.

Reactions: mondohow

Spookymyo

Dec 12, 2007
Morristown, TN
I'm having an issue where ever couple of days vanced gets replaced by the native YouTube app. I use the root version. I uninstall the default YouTube app then use the vanced manager app to install vanced. But in the system settings it's not recognized as "vanced" it shows up as YouTube. And for the first couple of days it's actually vanced with the vanced settings. Then it just changes to normal YouTube.